Texas considers new bill that could severely limit residents’ use of solar power: ‘[It] would turn all of Texas into an HOA’

onthedarkside

image.png.80036e08befb842a544d5cc64313ac1e.png

The Texas legislature is currently considering a bill to heavily restrict the generation of wind and solar energy, University of Texas at Austin research scientist Joshua D. Rhodes revealed in a tweet.

The bill in question is Texas SB 624, co-sponsored by Senators Lois Kolkhorst, Mayes Middleton, and Bryan Hughes. It establishes new permit requirements for affordable “renewable energy” — not for dirty energy sources, such as coal. If passed, it would take effect this September.

READ MORE

https://www.msn.com/en-us/lifestyle/lifestyle-buzz/texas-considers-new-bill-that-could-severely-limit-residents-use-of-solar-power-it-would-turn-all-of-texas-into-an-hoa/ar-AA1c3ZnK?li=BBnb7Kz

image.png.472cbb568145772ca67aefa880c275d3.png

8 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Fake news .......... applies only to commercial installs.

"the bill applies to facilities with a capacity of 10 megawatts or higher to connect “with a transmission facility.” "

Fake you say, so this is not true?

"It establishes new permit requirements for affordable “renewable energy” — not for dirty energy sources, such as coal."

• Like 2

Wind generator / windmill permit makes sense, since in the tornado belt.  And 10+megs is enough to kill anyone, and then some, if an oops,  So not recommended for the DIY crowd.   

Not that our simple home solar system wouldn't kill if touching the wrong thing at the wrong time.  Our if the grid wires.

Hopefully the regs make sense, and not more Nanny state, pushing the in state oil sales.

This knee-jerk reaction against renewables is befuddling.  I understand people questioning those big, ugly windmills, but solar is much less intrusive.  Mostly, I can't understand how people would take a stand against energy that is largely free, has no pipelines, isn't subject to the whims of geopolitical clashes and sanctions.  Leaking oil pipelines and toxic derailments aren't a problem with solar or wind.  I've never heard of a sunshine leak.  

For the big boys who need to play in the dirt, build a WATER pipeline from the great lakes to the Colorado River.  Make the Desert Green Again.

13 minutes ago, Credo said:

This knee-jerk reaction against renewables is befuddling.  I understand people questioning those big, ugly windmills, but solar is much less intrusive.  Mostly, I can't understand how people would take a stand against energy that is largely free, has no pipelines, isn't subject to the whims of geopolitical clashes and sanctions.  Leaking oil pipelines and toxic derailments aren't a problem with solar or wind.  I've never heard of a sunshine leak.  

For the big boys who need to play in the dirt, build a WATER pipeline from the great lakes to the Colorado River.  Make the Desert Green Again.

It’s not befuddling to me at all it’s all about protecting big oil companies no more no less.to heck with the environment or people it’s all about the oil companies protecting their interests hope it flops but probably will pass the  Texas legislature imo is corrupt 

• Like 2