Children under 12 months old should be vaccinated against COVID-19

webfact

2 minutes ago, dinsdale said:

We were talking about school children being hospitalised. Anything to back that up?

Yes, I provided as much info as I could. I gave a clue to the source which should be enought to enable you to easily find it. Rules prevent me from posting the actual link.

5 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

I already said where I read it but you could start with the OP.

Sorry, cant see anything there that talks specially about a surge of children being admitted, it did mention infection though. Perhaps you could post the links that you are reading.

Edited by sungod
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, sungod said:

Sorry, cant see anything there that talks specially about a surge of children being admitted, it did mention infection though. Perhaps you could post the links that you are reading.

I told you it's against the rules to post that link adn I told you how to find it, can't you read?

Edited by ozimoron
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Report: COVID-19 vaccines saved US $1.15 trillion, 3 million lives

December 14, 2022

"

A Commonwealth Fund study estimates that, through November 2022, COVID-19 vaccines prevented more than 18.5 million US hospitalizations and 3.2 million deaths and saved the country $1.15 trillion.

The modeling study estimated hospitalizations and deaths averted through the end of November 2022, at a time when 80% of the US population had received at least one dose of COVID-19 vaccine."

https://www.cidrap.umn.edu/covid-19/report-covid-19-vaccines-saved-us-115-trillion-3-million-lives

any reports on the money lost during lockdowns ? i'm willing to bet it far exceeds that measly 1.15t 

• Love It 1

4 minutes ago, stoner said:

any reports on the money lost during lockdowns ? i'm willing to bet it far exceeds that measly 1.15t 

How do you value the estimated 3 million+ lives saved just in the U.S. thru Nov. 2022 because of COVID vaccinations?

$1.1 TRILLION saved is "measly"?

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, dinsdale said:

You keep doing this. It's 68 out of 70,309,889. Less than 10 a day. You're odds of not dying are pretty good wouldn't you say. Apart from that you never mention anything about comorbidities which probably takes your odds of dying out even further. I'm guessing it's around 70,309,820 to 1 odds of dying FROM Omicron in Thailand this week. That is not long odds. That is almost impossible odds but good luck. Keep getting jabbed, make sure your family gets jabbed, especially any new borns, wear your masks all the time and you should be fine.

There's no automatic presumption that a person who died with covid died from covid. The actual cause of death is determined by the doctor.

25 minutes ago, MrJ2U said:

You don't have a clue.

As usual just complete idiocy on your uneducated posts.

Good to see a conspiracy thoerists spouting there nonsense though.   Always good for a laugh. 

Well as for calling me an idiot that's very nice of you and shows your character rather well.  I'm a teacher and there are kids and teachers coming down with it. It's a virus. Viruses like schools. It will settle down. Of course someone of your obvious intelligence will know this. From what I can gather no students or teachers have gone to hospital and they're fine in a few days.

Edited by dinsdale
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, dinsdale said:
3 hours ago, MrJ2U said:

For all the calls for vaccinations there seems to be a void in availability in many parts of Issan.

COVID is raging up here with many kids having to be admitted to the hospital. 

This comment I put under the gossip classification.

or they could simply provide a link to back up the claim made. 

• Thumbs Up 2

Let's see...and this one is not a hard one to decide...

On one hand, we've got the Thai MoPH, US CDC and American Academy of Pediatrics among others (as cited and sourced above) telling us COVID vaccinations for children, even young children, is a good and needed thing. And even the WHO confirming that childhood COVID vaccinations are safe and effective.

And on the other hand, we've got a bunch of posters here with, from all appearances, no medical or public health background / expertise at all throwing up their hands in protest, and usually offering few credible sources or attributions for their multitudes of vaccine related claims.

Not hard to decide whatsoever.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, webfact said:

From May 28th to June 3rd, there were 3,085 admissions to hospitals, or an average of 440 cases a day, representing an increase of 4% from the previous week.

From the MoPH website, this is the latest breakdown for the past week (May 28 thru June 3) of the Thai provinces with the most new COVID hospitalizations. As usual, Bangkok and Chonburi lead the list just in terms of raw numbers of new COVID hospitalizations. Via Google Translate:

1999707566_2023-06-0521_44_44-1.jpg.7bc12070ca4c47e9e12434e86c81514f.jpg

https://ddc.moph.go.th/covid19-dashboard/?dashboard=province

50 minutes ago, daveAustin said:

What’s your problem? You seem to be all over posts with a differing opinion. This is a highly emotive issue. Forget covid for a second; people have had adverse effects from these vaccinations and now the gov wants to make it mandatory for babbies. Up to you what you do with you and yours, but perhaps dial it back on others yeah. 

My problem is that the torrent of misinformation which ensues with every covid thread endangers people's lives. All because some extremist zealots want to obey their political puppeteer.

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, ozimoron said:

My problem is that the torrent of misinformation which ensues with every covid thread endangers people's lives. All because some extremist zealots want to obey their political puppeteer.

That last sentence was away with the fairies ????

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, anrcaccount said:

Almost every country in the world not recommending or actively promoting infant covid vaccination as being a priority, due to minimal public health benefit. This view is shared by by he WHO.

https://www.who.int/news/item/28-03-2023-sage-updates-covid-19-vaccination-guidance

You make it sound like the WHO opposed childhood COVID vaccinations. They did not. And in fact, Thailand is exactly following the guidance that the WHO laid out in the source document you linked above.

Specifically:

“Countries should consider their specific context in deciding whether to continue vaccinating low risk groups, like healthy children and adolescents, while not compromising the routine vaccines that are so crucial for the health and well-being of this age group.” 

Emphasis on the WHO's use of the term "their specific context" in terms of how countries should go about setting their individual vaccine policies.

Yes, Thailand is considering its specific context,  acting based on the finding, as reported in the OP here, that infants under age 1 in Thailand have the highest per capita COVID infection rate of any age group, and about twice that of the next highest group.

And further from the WHO:

"The low priority group includes healthy children and adolescents aged 6 months to 17 years. Primary and booster doses are safe and effective in children and adolescents. However, considering the low burden of disease, SAGE urges countries considering vaccination of this age group to base their decisions on contextual factors, such as the disease burden, cost effectiveness, and other health or programmatic priorities and opportunity costs."

Yes, the WHO confirmed, contrary to many false claims by various anti-vax posters here, that COVID vaccines "are safe and effective in children and adolescents."

22 hours ago, webfact said:

From May 28th to June 3rd, there were 3,085 admissions to hospitals, or an average of 440 cases a day, representing an increase of 4% from the previous week.

So  what to make of the current COVID resurgence in Thailand?  Let's put it in some context, and look at Thailand's recent weekly levels of new COVID hospitalizations and new COVID deaths.

Here's where Thailand was at the beginning of this year amid the high travel holidays season: 997 weekly COVID hospitalizations and 58 deaths.

369500756_01THWeeklyCOVIDreport20230101-07.jpg.dcfd4981d6116ab717569db13a2a8c2e.jpg

And here's where Thailand was at the beginning of April: 167 weekly COVID hospitalizations and 3 weekly deaths.

2115463561_13THWeeklyCOVIDreport20230326to04-01.jpg.66b5e7fd11f4e74ec6302b964017900b.jpg

And here's where Thailand is now, as of the latest report for last week: 3,085 new weekly COVID hospitalizations and 68 new COVID deaths.

81221202_21THWeeklyCOVIDreport202305-28to06-03.thumb.jpg.21050d9970b8c3d3f5618b6c1947a8ce.jpg

https://www.facebook.com/informationcovid19/photos

--New weekly COVID deaths are at their highest level of the year.

--New COVID hospitalizations are at their highest level of the year.

--Current new COVID hospitalizations are three times the level at the beginning of the year, and 18 times the level at the beginning of April.

All of that is a problem.

21 hours ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

AFAIK, the UK is continuing to make COVID vaccines available to children who are deemed in high-risk groups for other reasons:

COVID-19 vaccination of children aged 6 months to 4 years: JCVI advice, 9 December 2022 (updated 26 April 2023)

Updated 3 May 2023

"Regarding children aged 6 months to 4 years, JCVI advises that:

• children aged 6 months to 4 years in a clinical risk group (as defined in the Green Book) should be offered two 3-microgram doses of the Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 vaccine (Comirnaty®) with an interval of at least 8 weeks between the first and second doses

• JCVI does not currently advise COVID-19 vaccination of children aged 6 months to 4 years who are not in a clinical risk group"

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/covid-19-vaccination-of-children-aged-6-months-to-4-years-jcvi-advice-9-december-2022/covid-19-vaccination-of-children-aged-6-months-to-4-years-jcvi-advice-9-december-2022

The quote there is high risk groups. That's where the child is already at risk of dying.  REALY!!!

Edited by BritScot

58 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

You make it sound like the WHO opposed childhood COVID vaccinations. They did not. And in fact, Thailand is exactly following the guidance that the WHO laid out in the source document you linked above.

Specifically:

“Countries should consider their specific context in deciding whether to continue vaccinating low risk groups, like healthy children and adolescents, while not compromising the routine vaccines that are so crucial for the health and well-being of this age group.” 

Emphasis on the WHO's use of the term "their specific context" in terms of how countries should go about setting their individual vaccine policies.

Yes, Thailand is considering its specific context,  acting based on the finding, as reported in the OP here, that infants under age 1 in Thailand have the highest per capita COVID infection rate of any age group, and about twice that of the next highest group.

And further from the WHO:

"The low priority group includes healthy children and adolescents aged 6 months to 17 years. Primary and booster doses are safe and effective in children and adolescents. However, considering the low burden of disease, SAGE urges countries considering vaccination of this age group to base their decisions on contextual factors, such as the disease burden, cost effectiveness, and other health or programmatic priorities and opportunity costs."

Yes, the WHO confirmed, contrary to many false claims by various anti-vax posters here, that COVID vaccines "are safe and effective in children and adolescents."

I'm not saying it's unsafe. I'm saying it provides a minimal benefit to infants and is poor use of public health funds. 

That's why the vast majority of the world isn't actively promoting covid vaccines for infants. 

They'd be better to focus on driving the rate of normal childhood vaccinations. In regards to covid, they'd save more lives vaccinating 100 extra over 70 adults, than 100000 extra infants.

Thailand has a hyper fixation on covid that is now unlike anywhere else in the world, that's your "specific context", it has no basis in reality. Do you really think infant covid rates are any different here to the rest of the world? Of course they aren't. 

Real world experience has shown vaccination has little impact on transmission overall(since Omicron) , so it's all about serious disease and death. 

From the WHO:

"The public health impact of vaccinating healthy children and adolescents is comparatively much lower than the established benefits of traditional essential vaccines for children – such as the rotavirus, measles, and pneumococcal conjugate vaccines – and of COVID-19 vaccines for high and medium priority groups."

5 minutes ago, anrcaccount said:

Thailand has a hyper fixation on covid that is now unlike anywhere else in the world, that's your "specific context", it has no basis in reality.

The OP report here and the MoPH say they do have a clear basis in reality, contrary to your unsubstantiated claims.

Specifically from the OP:

"Dr, Tares Krassanairawiwong, director-general of the Disease Control Department, said that, from January 1st to May 20th,the COVID-19 infection rate among under children less than a year old was 1,581 for every 100,000 of the population, followed by 647 for 100,000 of the population among people aged over 70."

He appears to be saying in the above comment that infants under age 1 have the highest per capita COVID infection rate of any age group in Thailand. That's a pretty significant "basis."