5y driver licence renewal Bang Lamung

Swiss1960

Just my luck, I returned back from the DLT and the GF looks at my newly minted motorbike and auto licenses and tells me they the wrong room number 347 instead of 547 of the condo we stay at on the back of the license. Is this something I need to go back and correct it or something I shouldn't worry about.

• Sad 1

On 3/11/2024 at 11:38 AM, jwdub12 said:

Just my luck, I returned back from the DLT and the GF looks at my newly minted motorbike and auto licenses and tells me they the wrong room number 347 instead of 547 of the condo we stay at on the back of the license. Is this something I need to go back and correct it or something I shouldn't worry about.

Bummer that's a really annoying typo. All I would say is, and this may not apply to you, I use my driving licence as the easiest form of address I.D. proof accepted by Jomtien immigration when I do my annual retirement extension, so obviously having the correct address on it is essential. If your licences are 5 year validity if it was me I would go back and get them to reissue.

I renewed my 5 year driving licence yesterday at Bang Lamung, was told I needed a resident certificate from Pattaya immigration, I left it too late and failed to get the certificate and carried on to the test centre regardless. I showed all the documents minus the resident certificate and showed them my pink id card and was happily told to go get my new licence after the colour eyesight test and the brake test. Does the Pink ID card have any bearing on getting the new licence?

10 minutes ago, Wobblybob said:

was told I needed a resident certificate from Pattaya immigration

If you haven't got ALL the documents that they require, you will not go to the next section, you cannot proceed, they will refuse you, giving your paperwork back.

You are forced to have all documentation in order to complete your testing. 

Edited by SAFETY FIRST

9 hours ago, Wobblybob said:

Does the Pink ID card have any bearing on getting the new licence?

Possibly, probably in your specific instance. Pattaya DLT are renowned for insisting on a CoR but there have been one or two individual posters who said that they were able to use their yellow book - all be it not recently.

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, Wobblybob said:

I renewed my 5 year driving licence yesterday at Bang Lamung, was told I needed a resident certificate from Pattaya immigration, I left it too late and failed to get the certificate and carried on to the test centre regardless. I showed all the documents minus the resident certificate and showed them my pink id card and was happily told to go get my new licence after the colour eyesight test and the brake test. Does the Pink ID card have any bearing on getting the new licence?

Yes, sometimes it can be used in the place of a residence certificate! From what I read here, now and again, they say no, because they like to keep foreigners guessing. 

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

Next week I'm going to the office where I make my one year visa every year to get a residency certificate. What documents do I need? Obviously a current passport. I have a blue book but it's been left in my house in Bangkok. The fact that I have a current one year visa wouldn't the office where I get my visas from in Pattaya know my registered address. Also do I need any other documentation to get a residency certificate? Thanks.

16 hours ago, NONG CHOK said:

Next week I'm going to the office where I make my one year visa every year to get a residency certificate. What documents do I need? Obviously a current passport. I have a blue book but it's been left in my house in Bangkok. The fact that I have a current one year visa wouldn't the office where I get my visas from in Pattaya know my registered address. Also do I need any other documentation to get a residency certificate? Thanks.

You will need a TM30 receipt in your passport. In the Pattaya area I might suggest an agent help you if you don't.

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, NONG CHOK said:

What's the best day to go to the DLT office in Pattaya?

Sukhumvit to Hwy 36 or Hwy 7 (Expressway) to Hwy 36. It is just west of Regents School. Use GPS as signage is poor. You can go by motorbike on Hwy 36 but not on the expressway.

ScreenHunter_470Apr_2306_53.thumb.png.a35cc128d53ac3c0a56d86dce4c23edf.png

ScreenHunter_473Apr_2307_04.png.0a8079be39f5ceec85e0c0ebfcf79afc.png

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
Posted (edited)

I've been told by the poo house prophets that we should count to 7 at a normal rate to pass the perception test. When being colour tested should we say orange or yellow? Some officials are the same as my wife when she's in a bad mood, she can pick the $**t  out of anything.

Edited by NONG CHOK
typo
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, NONG CHOK said:

I've been told by the poo house prophets that we should count to 7 at a normal rate to pass the perception test. When being colour tested should we say orange or yellow? Some officials are the same as my wife when she's in a bad mood, she can pick the $**t  out of anything.

Color test you can't beat.   I'm not going to tell you how to beat the depth perception test, as I don't want you on the roads with me.  Don't need to get rear ended ... in a bad way :coffee1:

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, KhunLA said:

Color test you can't beat.

One time I was at the  transport office  doing the colour test and a guy in front of me was obviously colour blind as he kept saying the wrong colours,  after 3 wrong attempts the examiner said  

"if you say green again  you go home"   she then pointed to a new colour  on the board and the guy  shouted out "green"  everyone in the queue laughed  the examiner laughed  and she let him continue onto the next test !

The traffic light braking reaction test was at times pretty disturbing to witness,  the depth perception test was a bit more difficult to see who had bad problems  but there where many "do overs" on all these tests.

• Agree 1

I'm in the process of getting a residency certificate from the agent I use for my annual one year visa. He advised me that I can pick it up after 10 am on Friday. As my birthday is the May 19 I wish to make an appointment as soon as possible. My problem is that my agent has my passport, so if I go to to the LTD office tomorrow will they accept a laminated copy of my passport and visa. Thanks.

1 hour ago, NONG CHOK said:

I'm in the process of getting a residency certificate from the agent I use for my annual one year visa. He advised me that I can pick it up after 10 am on Friday. As my birthday is the May 19 I wish to make an appointment as soon as possible. My problem is that my agent has my passport, so if I go to to the LTD office tomorrow will they accept a laminated copy of my passport and visa. Thanks.

Has the agent been holding your passport for long? Get mine back max 3 days on the annual renewal, are you using Marinett?

21 minutes ago, Seppius said:

Has the agent been holding your passport for long? Get mine back max 3 days on the annual renewal, are you using Marinett?

I've been using Cambodian Intertravel visa service in Soi Buakhaow for many years. I get mine on back Friday which is 3 days also. My main concern is would the laminated copy of my passport and visa be accepted if I try to make an appointment tomorrow.

I've finally got my documents in order to renew my drivers license. I just have one problem, I watched the video on my laptop and I got the all clear and was sent a QR code which I haven't got a clue how to use. So I took a screen shot and sent it to a FAT DISK and got it printed on a sheet of A4 paper will this accepted. Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...