Beef Liver

roger101

I always buy my Beef Liver in Friendship. Except today , they didn't have any.

I must admit I would prefer Lambs Liver but I have never found that in Pattaya. So does anybody know where I can buy Beef Liver

I tried searching for it but the websites for food in Pattaya are useless. Tesco is offline and places like Foodland  and Foodmart don't seem to want you to search., and if they are good they don't sell it.

I was looking forward to having Liver and Onions tomorrow.

11 hours ago, KannikaP said:

Pig's liver can be got anywhere.

Yes, my Mrs brings it back from the local market and serves it up  fried with green onions... I love it. She won't touch it! I wonder if the sheep farm sells lambs liver. 

2 hours ago, jacko45k said:

Yes, my Mrs brings it back from the local market and serves it up  fried with green onions... I love it. She won't touch it! I wonder if the sheep farm sells lambs liver. 

I'd love to get lambs kidneys but never seen them here. 

I buy chicken liver.

By far the best liver is calf's liver, unbeatable in tenderness. But I never saw any here.

Same with calf's meat which is an indispensable ingredient for many classical European dishes, like "Wienerschnitzel", "Züri-Geschnetzeltes" and as well many Italian dishes.

Maybe the reason is that they want to refrain from killing young animals. But then I wonder why Suckling Pig is readily available.

Any idea where I could get calf's liver / meat ?

How about Guinea Fowl (not the liver, the animal). Or at least Quail. My god they want to let me starve here I think ..... ???? . Not available I suppose. Both go very well with a nice Risotto, especially the Guinea Fowl.

Edited by moogradod
  • Thumbs Up 1

Make sure liver is well cooked as it can contain worms, especially in countries where hygiene and regulations are lax, also liver and other poorly regulated meats can contain some nasty microscopic parasites.

• Thumbs Up 1

29 minutes ago, Tropposurfer said:

Make sure liver is well cooked as it can contain worms, especially in countries where hygiene and regulations are lax, also liver and other poorly regulated meats can contain some nasty microscopic parasites.

Plus any animal fed SOY, the liver collects huge amounts of soy in the liver......Avoid at all cost if your sensitive to soy.....

3 hours ago, Tropposurfer said:

I would not eat liver or raw meat in Thailand

7 minutes ago, Espanol said:

I would not eat liver or raw meat in Thailand

I often eat raw meat here. But not from the market. I buy the meat mostly in the Villa Supermarket and my wife creates a superb Beafsteak Tartar for me.

I did even eat raw liver (not my favourite, though) and raw chicken breast. They serve it in Japan with Soy Sauce and Wasabi, like a special kind of Sashimi. I have to admit I would not eat it here - but it is a shame because - believe it or not - raw chicken breast is absolutely delicious and tender.