There will be no civil war over Trump. Here’s why

onthedarkside

In terms of the recent legal issues, Chris Christie and Niki Hayley are making it clear how they feel about Trump not securing sensitive documents, and others are muted or hedging their bets.

There is still a lot of noise from Republican voters about it but not much actually defending him on what he specifically did except from the more extreme. As the facts come out I think it will take the wind out of the sails of broad Republican outrage and Trump will begin to look more and more reckless and silly and guilty. See if he gets much of a protest tomorrow.  

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, ozimoron said:

This. Many of the Jan 6 perps and other violent criminals who committed race crimes believed their actions would instigate a civil war.

One heavily armed trump supporter was asked by a journalist before the assault on the white house if he believes that there will be a civil war ... ' No , he said , the dems don't have guns ' ...

• Sad 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Bangkok Barry said:

Why did he want to keep those documents anyway?

At best ego and bragging rights,or as leverage at worst to sell for money or favors.bottom line they aren’t his he lied obstructed stole them.there will be no civil war over this fraudulent human being at most scattered violence the fringe trumpers know there are consequences grumble yes war no

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Bangkok Barry said:

Why did he want to keep those documents anyway?

Egomaniac. To flaunt them. Show off. Brag & boast. Mom mom look at me look at me!...she never looked. He had a ???? mother and a-hole father and he turned into the gross, immature child, attention starved piece of ???? monster he is and always has been and always will be. He's an attention craving, malignant narcissist and menace to civil society. Needs to be severely disciplined and hopefully spend his miserable remaining years in a matching orange jumpsuit behind vertical bars. 

Edited by Skeptic7
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, bendejo said:

♫  I turned 91 in prison,
   mama tried . . .  ♪

The late great Merle Haggard.  Thanks for that.

"And I turned twenty-one in prison doin' life without parole
No one could steer me right but Mama tried, Mama tried
Mama tried to raise me better, but her pleading, I denied
That leaves only me to blame 'cause Mama tried" 

Mama Tried
Merle Haggard
  • Thumbs Up 1

Civil war, never going to happen. 

Lid was on the jar too long, and the fleas can't think for themselves any more.  Lid is off now, and they still won't jump out.

Experiment is over 

drib-puppet.gif

• Confused 1

46 minutes ago, KhunLA said:

Civil war, never going to happen. 

Lid was on the jar too long, and the fleas can't think for themselves any more.  Lid is off now, and they still won't jump out.

Experiment is over 

drib-puppet.gif

Loud and proud cynicism.  It's useless and annoying but a great way to feel morally superior while avoiding any answers or responsibility.

• Like 1