Crowds at Immigration today

15 hours ago, Denim said:

The officer also told me that when I return in October from my visit to England I would not need to do a TM30 if at usual address.

Yes, when returning on the same Permit to stay (protected with a Re-Entry Permit) there is NO need to notify your local Immigration Office that you have returned to the official address that they have on file.

There are a couple of rogue Imm Offices that do require this, but luckily your Petchabun Imm Office follows the official regulations re TM-30.

Also note that for your 90-day report (confirming that you are still staying at same address after 90 days consecutively in Thailand), that the teller is reset to 1 on day of re-entry in Thailand.  If you did your previous 90-day report on-line, you might receive a reminder e-mail based on the previous due date of your 90-day report, but you can ignore that mail (the on-line system does not 'know' that you exited and returned to Thailand thereby re-setting the 90-day reporting schedule). 

• Thumbs Up 1

19 hours ago, Denim said:

The officer also told me that when I return in October from my visit to England I would not need to do a TM30 if at usual address.

Unfortunately it won't apply to all provinces. And sometimes not all IOs at the same office. Amazing, isn't it !!! 
That's why every time I come back from the US I ask my gf mom as a house master to fill a tm30 for me online. 

Edited by The Theory
  • Like 1

Only concern: they might close down one or the other immigration office due to lack of foreigners. Khon Kaen likely not as it also is headquarter region 4(?).

Before Phetachbun office opened a mate had to drive 200 km oneway to ? (forgot).

1 hour ago, KhunBENQ said:

Only concern: they might close down one or the other immigration office due to lack of foreigners. Khon Kaen likely not as it also is headquarter region 4(?).

Before Phetachbun office opened a mate had to drive 200 km oneway to ? (forgot).

This office has only been open about a year. Almost brand new. Great big detached building but luckily not many people staffing or using it. Maybe they were expecting a lot of Chinese ? Who knows.

The old place was a pokey little office in another location.

immigration2.jpg