Pattaya - Has anyone done the 50k photo verification yet? if so which bank and branch?

scubascuba3

I have a good friend that sent an email to customer service of K Bank asking them about getting this done. Their reply and he showed me their reply to his email was this pertains only to Thai Nationals not foreigners. With that said I know foreigners who've went up to Bangkok Bank and had to get there it's done I have both k bank and Bangkok Bank and I haven't done either. And I have made transfers in excess of the amount which they said would need the verification for and the transfers went through without an issue.

I did mine at Bangkok Bank Pattaya North Road (I was 30 mins early for my dental appointment next door so thought why not) https://goo.gl/maps/Y3vF5jy4BLV5wEmu9 

It took 5 minutes & confirmed immediately that I could uplift my transfer limits (had been blocked since the last mobile app update).

Appreciate you might not be asking about Bangkok Bank in particular but if you are, the Pattaya Nua branch is a large branch with (seemingly) not as many customers as branches in Central Festival or Jomtien 2nd Road where I'd tried to sort out facial recognition in the past.

• Like 1

My wife had it done yesterday at the purple bank,it takes only five minutes,  she says you should use your regular bank.

Obviouslty they scanned her ID but a foreigner would use a passport.

• Thumbs Up 1

23 minutes ago, hereforgood said:

I have a good friend that sent an email to customer service of K Bank asking them about getting this done. Their reply and he showed me their reply to his email was this pertains only to Thai Nationals not foreigners. With that said I know foreigners who've went up to Bangkok Bank and had to get there it's done I have both k bank and Bangkok Bank and I haven't done either. And I have made transfers in excess of the amount which they said would need the verification for and the transfers went through without an issue.

What reminded me was my Krungsri app having a full page disclosure in English (good clear English) saying go to a branch, now if it wasn't for foreigners why would they do that

3 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

What reminded me was my Krungsri app having a full page disclosure in English (good clear English) saying go to a branch, now if it wasn't for foreigners why would they do that

I got the same krungsri notification on every login during the last month, did nothing, and today I got another page asking me to update my address in the app (no idea if that's related at all). After updating my address, I get no more notifications regarding the photo verification. Might pop in to a Krungsri branch if I'm near one to see if anything else is needed.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

I don't disagree I'm only posting what the email said that they sent to him. Later today I'll pop into k bank and ask them to do the photo verification and see what happens

12 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

I had same saying I must go to branch before 27 June. It was coming everytime I logged in and then just stopped popping up about a week ago

If required I guess us currently out of Thailand will be limited to 50k baht transfers out. Is transfers in also limited as that makes putting 800k in bank a bit hard?

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, KhunBENQ said:

Stupid question about facescan.

Will it always be an additional authorization or could it be the only authorization and be used for less than 50k replacing SMS OTP?

Would be nice!

I've wondered the same thing, logically once you've gone through the approval process it shouldn't be needed

Did mine at Bangkok Bank Theprasit Rd .  Quite  fiddly needing 2 staff to  make work.  Still have to do  Krungsri which I  anticipate  will be even more  fiddly.  Problem is  getting  saved image to line up on their system and on my phone

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

7 minutes ago, chilly07 said:

Did mine at Bangkok Bank Theprasit Rd .  Quite  fiddly needing 2 staff to  make work.  Still have to do  Krungsri which I  anticipate  will be even more  fiddly.  Problem is  getting  saved image to line up on their system and on my phone

Krungsri will be interesting, when i went to Big C Extra branch a couple months ago they said not for foreigners 

20 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

they don't seem to be talking about the 50k transfer limit

The branch of K Bank near Tukcom as well as the Pattaya Klang branch told me when i went in to ask about and they said Thai nationals only.

crazy some saying has to be done and others saying not needed who really knows.

• Like 1

KTB, Krungsri, UOBT and Kasikorn have all allowed me to increase my transfer limits to way over B50,000 on their apps just now.  Bangkok Bank will not allow it, instead I'm notified to visit a branch to do it when I try.  Perhaps BBL is the only one insisting on facial registration for foreigners?

1 hour ago, Liverpool Lou said:

It concerns the phone banking apps, not online banking.

Good news, I plan to use my online banking (from my notebook - commonly referred to, in the past as 'internet banking') to send an interntional funds trnsfer to the UK for 68,000Baht. Looks like no changes to the proces already in place for some time.

Please don't suggest WISE. Already checked, not as easy as supposed to be. 

If the current discussion makes no changes to the current online inter. funds transfer process / requirements then it's quite easy. Seems that K Bank are not asking for new /special photos for foreign customers.

Edited by scorecard