Loneliness.

bob smith

14 minutes ago, bogs smith said:

thats all that matters to these people.

I have had 4 requests for $$ this month... 2 were from Thai people and were much more goal oriented than the 2 from farang who just wanted money - - one old friend living in USA wanted $100k not baht - he said it was because he never asked me for money before... 

but, the want of more money is nothing new, and nothing particular to Thailand... 

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

40 minutes ago, 1FinickyOne said:

I have had 4 requests for $$ this month... 2 were from Thai people and were much more goal oriented than the 2 from farang who just wanted money - - one old friend living in USA wanted $100k not baht - he said it was because he never asked me for money before... 

but, the want of more money is nothing new, and nothing particular to Thailand... 

Is that $100 K

or did you mean €100.

As for the OP. Just stop giving everyone money, unless it's for goods or services you want.

The leeches will soon vanish.

41 minutes ago, 1FinickyOne said:

one old friend living in USA wanted $100k not baht - he said it was because he never asked me for money before... 

You must be a centimillionaires for your friend to ask 100K USD. Nobody has asked me for that kind of money. And again there is nothing wrong with being a centimillionaires.

1 hour ago, Confuscious said:

Yes, I am alone as well.
But not lonely.
I go every day have lunch at some mall or restaurant and have a coffee or tea.
When I see the many "unhappy" faces from married people or people being together, I am happy to not be in the boat.
After my coffee, when I go home in the evening and open ASEANNOW, I read all the newsflashes of people who killed each other out of jealousy or whatever and I feel great not to make part of the "happy" people.
I read also the answers of the foreigners who claim to have encounter a Thai girl who has a "Doctor Honor whatever University degree" and have my daily dose of laughter.
If you really believe that a Thai will take care of you for free, you should consider to visit a shrink.
For me, I will quit Thai-ATM-filthyforeignscum very soon and move back to my country.

We all colour our existence, expectations and experiences how we want them to be based on our own situation. 

Thats okay, and how it should be. 

What is not okay, is to categorize other people based on your own experiences and how you see your life. 

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

56 minutes ago, NextG said:

Something really unpleasant in your writing. Why would you expect ANYONE to take care of you for free?

But if you mean mutual friendship without financial incentive; it happens every day. 

pcf.jpg

• Haha 1

32 minutes ago, sipi said:

If you can't make friends in Thailand, you can't make friends anywhere.

At least in Thailand everyone smiles and says hello, unlike a lot of other countries...

I have more friends, male/female/genderless, then you can think off.
Whenever I feel for it, I take the bait and go out with one of them.
ONLY  DIFFERENCE IS that after the a day out or a night out, each of us go to their own home.
End of the story.
That's the way to keep a friend a friend.
When you start to take them home or start a relation with them, it's over before you know.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Furioso said:

Part 1: Money/Greed:

Well, they are struggling way worse than we are. To deal with the greed I make sure I get some interesting insight/conversation or a laugh before I make the purchase.

For instance, today I went to my favorite Big C as I had to buy a King bed set. I've never really been successful at buying bedding, always screwing it up by getting the wrong size, too heavy/too light, wrong color, too cheap, too expensive, etc.

So, I trudged my old carcass to the back of Big C, trying to decipher what a 6 is, will it fit? Thankfully, the bedding lady(what's her official title?) snuck up behind me. I did have one trick up my sleeve. I had typed my old King comforter dimensions in my Color Note app( a must for any Andriod owner, unless you have a better one).

She was in full sale mode and I was more than ready to play her game. I said "what's all included in the bed set? She took one off the shelf and explained 2 different sized pillowcases(4 total), 1 fitted sheet, & comforter/blanket. what about this size? She asked what sized bed? I said King, then showed her the info(in CM) typed in my Color Note. She said it must be a 6, I totally believed her and yes, this is the first day of my life I know a 6 is the size for a King bed. I even now know that a 4 and 5 are Twin and Queen, respectively.

Then we got down to colors, anything with white was OUT. We pulled 3 different sets off the shelf, and plopped them over the sheet display. I rubbed my chin in deep thought, all the while thinking these are the 2,500 baht suckers, I've NEVER paid that much for this type of thing! But I've got savage allergies, the old bed set has to go, TODAY. 2,500 baht? Steep but it is less than 100 euros, can't complain too much. The lady was doing great, honestly I could NOT walk away without buying something from her, plus this is something I really needed. I'm thinking, she's got this job and she has to deal with customers like me? And she's doing it with a mask covered smile on her face. Would I get anything close to this type of service back in my home country? F_¢k NO!

All 3 of the bed sets looked great, I gave her the option to pick for me, she was very hesitant, really such a nice lady. Somehow we veered to the really stunning blue and the deal was done. I grabbed one of the other 2 and started to return it to it's original location and she tryed so hard to stop me lol. I guess storing is just another component of her job as well.

All in all it was a fun encounter, kind of unexpected but thankfully I live in a country where a store really does have people that work and assist customers. Was I obliged to buy? In my book yes. When I got home and threw the old shi+e out and replaced it with my brand new Studio One Denzel bed set, I was very happy with my purchase. 

https://www.lazada.co.th/products/studio-one-denzel-solid-dobby-35-5-6-bedsheet-i4373138026-s17429380842.html

Seems that’s the price. 2420 direct from Studio One(though there are currently discounts available). 
I actually bought a spare set with me from the U.K., as I wanted natural fibres. 

10 minutes ago, NextG said:

https://www.lazada.co.th/products/studio-one-denzel-solid-dobby-35-5-6-bedsheet-i4373138026-s17429380842.html

Seems that’s the price. 2420 direct from Studio One(though there are currently discounts available). 
I actually bought a spare set with me from the U.K., as I wanted natural fibres. 

What the heck, it comes in sharkskin too? 

10 minutes ago, Celsius said:

Lives in Pattaya cesspit surounded by prostitutes and comes here to whine people around him only care about money.

Livin' the dream.

Sad and funny at the same time.

I have found genuine people everywhere in Thailand, and what to say? 

I guess Im okay to distance myself to those people immediately, and carry on, and thats maybe why I do not have many friends in Thailand, but my wife and her family, I know well, they do not ask for freebies, or expect any freebies, they work for what they get. 

Even falang friends who run business unfortunate do not seperate friendship or business, and some rightfully do of course in the nature of survival.