Take Me Out Thailand: American man gets blackout for his male chauvinistic attitude

webfact

7 minutes ago, Kaopad999 said:

Bang on the money. I keep saying this time and time again, yet so many foreigners here remain incredibly delusional and seem to think that most Thai women are going to fall at their feet. It's mostly only the poorer Thai women who want to marry a farang in order to improve their lives. The truth is, the majority of Thai womwen would much rather just date a Thai man, or even the likes of Korean guys which would be far higher up on their list. 

Maybe it depends on how much money they have?

2 hours ago, chalawaan said:

Who wastes their life watching this crap? Posting here regularly is quite sufficient in that regard. 

Not me first I've even heard of the programme... hope he enjoys his single seat flight home.

2 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

Some real sensitive and chauvinistic posters who would have been given a blackout on the show as well.  Thais watch a lot of things which you guys do not.  If you were to spend just 30 minutes watching such shows you might learn something.

A little  sensitive today darling ?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Gecko123 said:

Watched the video with keen interest.

Observations...

20 out of the 30 women dropped out almost immediately after the initial introduction and greeting, long before he started voicing his chauvinistic views. They gave reasons like "I don't like the way he talks", "he shook my hand too hard" It looks like the contestants had a chance to meet one another before the show was taped, so maybe they had a chance to size the guy up beforehand.

Interesting that his Thai language skills seemed to have almost worked against him. He was able to communicate very effectively, but the women seemed to really be turned off by his controlling behavior. It started with him saying he didn't like it when the woman listened to loud music, which seemed to really turn off almost all the women, sort of an "anti-sanook" vibe.

Even though his Thai was very fluent and colloquial, in my opinion, it was rather working or lower class and did not have the hallmarks of being from a well-to-do family. He didn't have that polite, soft-spoken, considered delivery that many Thai women seem to find attractive. Because of this, I have a suspicion that there may have been a bias against him as being the off-spring of a foreign father who had a liaison with a sex-worker.

If anyone wants to study what Thai female body language looks like when they don't like what they're hearing, go to the 31 minute mark of the video. It's quite educational.

But what I found most interesting was how universally his chauvinistic attitudes went over like a lead balloon. I keep hearing on this forum how Thai women are submissive and eager to wait on their man hand and foot. It's simply not true. That guy would be branded as immature, and almost a scary psycho control freak by the vast majority of Thai women I've ever encountered. I suppose there might be a few women out there who might find his demeanor attractive, but they're few and far between. I can't think of any local women I know who would put up with that type of behavior.

Good summary.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Kaopad999 said:

Bang on the money. I keep saying this time and time again, yet so many foreigners here remain incredibly delusional and seem to think that most Thai women are going to fall at their feet. It's mostly only the poorer Thai women who want to marry a farang in order to improve their lives. The truth is, the majority of Thai womwen would much rather just date a Thai man, or even the likes of Korean guys which would be far higher up on their list. 

This is also a bit of a myth. While maybe par for the course in certain overly touristy places—and that ‘normal’ Thai women there wouldn’t want the stigma—once you speak the language and have genuine Thai, typically middle class friends, it opens up all sorts of avenues. Many Thai women are also sick of the Thai male polygamous nature of which this guy alludes to. 

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Kaopad999 said:

This is the same guy 

Maybe the title of the video needs to be chnaged to "I wantd to become Thai Guy, but I got voted out"

You have to have a few kangaroos loose in the top paddock if you're a foreigner who wants to become Thai. That's some next-level self-hate.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Kaopad999 said:

You are right there, it's absolute trash. 

I don't have a TV since 20 years, I see such discussion and people who think that is real life and think that is all absurd. Also Covid was complete different without TV

He is only 22. Chances are: little understanding of life or relationships. He is probably just touting the view points of others, or what he saw online... I doubt he came by this philosophy thru his own life experience.

36 minutes ago, daveAustin said:

Many Thai women are also sick of the Thai male polygamous nature of which this guy alludes to. 

Yup. Japanese women have it worse especially given level of intelligence and education. Oh well.

At the end of the day they can either fall in line or not that is their choice. If an attractive woman decides not to that's fine she stuck supporting herself on a meager Thai salary. If she were to opt for marriage she would be often cared for in whole or in part. She would have children and a home and a family!

Women have been sold a complete crock of <deleted>. The entire fabric of society is being ripped apart. It's happening worldwide. Total collapse of human civilization. This is also why this whole green bullshiit is just bullshiit.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Gecko123 said:

Watched the video with keen interest.

Observations...

20 out of the 30 women dropped out almost immediately after the initial introduction and greeting, long before he started voicing his chauvinistic views. They gave reasons like "I don't like the way he talks", "he shook my hand too hard" It looks like the contestants had a chance to meet one another before the show was taped, so maybe they had a chance to size the guy up beforehand.

Interesting that his Thai language skills seemed to have almost worked against him. He was able to communicate very effectively, but the women seemed to really be turned off by his controlling behavior. It started with him saying he didn't like it when the woman listened to loud music, which seemed to really turn off almost all the women, sort of an "anti-sanook" vibe.

Even though his Thai was very fluent and colloquial, in my opinion, it was rather working or lower class and did not have the hallmarks of being from a well-to-do family. He didn't have that polite, soft-spoken, considered delivery that many Thai women seem to find attractive. Because of this, I have a suspicion that there may have been a bias against him as being the off-spring of a foreign father who had a liaison with a sex-worker.

If anyone wants to study what Thai female body language looks like when they don't like what they're hearing, go to the 31 minute mark of the video. It's quite educational.

But what I found most interesting was how universally his chauvinistic attitudes went over like a lead balloon. I keep hearing on this forum how Thai women are submissive and eager to wait on their man hand and foot. It's simply not true. That guy would be branded as immature, and almost a scary psycho control freak by the vast majority of Thai women I've ever encountered. I suppose there might be a few women out there who might find his demeanor attractive, but they're few and far between. I can't think of any local women I know who would put up with that type of behavior.

10 dropped out at first. Not 20. So he had 20 left. 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

Some real sensitive and chauvinistic posters who would have been given a blackout on the show as well.  Thais watch a lot of things which you guys do not.  If you were to spend just 30 minutes watching such shows you might learn something.

Yes, I might learn how to turn my brain cells into mush in 30 minutes.

• Like 1