Used Cars.

I am looking at buying a used car, Yaris, Fiesta, Jazz, Mazda etc, I have been doing a bit of research on the net but the prices vary widely and most have over 100km on the clock. I appreciate used cars can be expensive in Thailand, I have bought and sold cars in the U.K. for years but in general you gauge the prices and condition from the various guides online.

Is there a car dealer in the Pattaya area, main dealer or otherwise where you can view used cars, obviously there isn’t any in central Pattaya ?

1 hour ago, Alex1944 said:

I am looking at buying a used car, Yaris, Fiesta, Jazz, Mazda etc, I have been doing a bit of research on the net but the prices vary widely and most have over 100km on the clock.

Depending on the car, 100k is not a lot now days. 

3 minutes ago, sirineou said:

Two years ago I bought a new car, and traded my older car at the dealer. I don't know if all dealers do but mine did. What they do is that they have a network of used car dealers that they work with, Of course you will not get as much as if you sold it yourself, but who wants to bother with that? 

I traded a car a few years ago as well, but the it really wasn’t the dealer that bought it, they called a guy in. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

The car dealerships have local arrangements with the car "tents" as the Thais call them.

Nowadays they mostly are not in tents. They make every car look perfect, so you have to get under and look for signs of accident damage repair.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

For that money, you're best looking at a Nissan or MG, they depreciate the fastest, 

I got my MG6 that way. The Thais don't want them so they are cheap. It's been great, 250k with 42,000 km on it. Runs good, looks good.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

18 hours ago, carlyai said:

Dark black roads with no road lights and impossible to see big holes.

You try driving from Pattaya to Mukdahan in the night and you'll see what I mean.

I have fitted Extra lights to my car the same as on motor bikes, very bright.

25 minutes ago, cjinchiangrai said:

I got my MG6 that way. The Thais don't want them so they are cheap. It's been great, 250k with 42,000 km on it. Runs good, looks good.

The MG looks a very nice car, the only issue I read in a review was they leaked water through the door seals ?

3 hours ago, Jumbo1968 said:

The MG looks a very nice car, the only issue I read in a review was they leaked water through the door seals ?

And MG has really stepped up the dealer network to gain market share, so plenty of dealers around for service in the event things go south. 

• Thumbs Up 1

11 hours ago, Jumbo1968 said:

Up to 250k Thai baht, tbh it will only be for a run about, I do not intend to be going on long journeys.

Any honda jazz will be quite old for that kind of price. Mazda 2 may be better value for money.  secondhand. https://www.one2car.com/en/for-sale/mazda-2-sports-maxx-sports-bangkok-metropolitan-srinagarindra-thepharak/10896863

https://www.one2car.com/en/for-sale/honda-jazz-v-i-vtec-bangkok-metropolitan-lak-si-saphan-mai-chaeng-wattana/11996148?auc=true

• Thumbs Up 1