Yamaha worker dies weaving between racing trucks

webfact

image.jpeg

A tragic accident occurred as a 48 years old Yamaha factory employee, Anuwat Thawadee, attempted to weave his motorcycle between two trucks on Theparat Road, Samut Prakan.

The man lost control, fell under the wheels of one truck, and was crushed to death, despite wearing a helmet. The incident is under investigation by the Bang Phli police.

At the scene, Anuwat’s black Yamaha motorcycle lay overturned in the middle of the road, while the driver of the 18-wheel Isuzu truck with which he collided, Patwai Kamsuwan, stood about 500 meters away, waiting to work with the police. A witness, Sunan Glom Yim, a grilled pork vendor, said she saw two trucks racing each other before Anuwat tried to manoeuvre between them, ultimately leading to the accident.

Another witness, Raphee Mangkorn, reported seeing the accident unfold from a pedestrian overpass. He claimed the motorcycle attempted to pass between the trucks when the truck on the right suddenly slowed down, causing Anuwat to veer into the other truck’s path and fall under its rear wheels.

by Nattapong Westwood

Top Image courtesy of Khaosod Online

Full story: https://thethaiger.com/news/national/yamaha-worker-dies-weaving-between-racing-trucks-in-samut-prakan-accident

Thaiger

-- © Copyright Thaiger 2023-06-19

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

The most versatile and flexible rental investment and holiday home solution in Thailand - click for more information.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 2

Dude was 48 yrs old. Did he have children? I hope not, as they have gotten his "stupid" gene & too late for Darwin theory to have a positive effect.... the seeds been passed, you can go kill yourself any way you like

10 hours ago, webfact said:

said she saw two trucks racing each other

I have my doubts they were 'racing' maybe just overtaking but then again the terminology "TRUCKS" in Thailand could mean, UTES, Pick ups, or Lorries. :unsure: 

Edited by brianthainess

52 minutes ago, brianthainess said:

I have my doubts they were 'racing' maybe just overtaking but then again the terminology "TRUCKS" in Thailand could mean, UTES, Pick ups, or Lorries. :unsure: 

The article identifies the 'truck' as an Izuzu 18 wheeler, that is, a ten wheel truck towing and eight wheel trailer. The reporter appears to express surprise that the bike rider's helmet failed to protect him when being run over by the truck. ????

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1