Tragic Accident Claims the Life of a 21-Year-Old in a Bus Rear-End Collision

webfact

image.jpeg

In a devastating incident on June 18th, Sergeant Utane Prompram, an investigating officer from Suvarnabhumi Airport Police Station, received a report of a fatal car accident involving a pickup truck colliding with the rear of a bus.

The collision took place on Suvarnabhumi Road, near the Terminal Bus Station, at the intersection of Bus Terminal Road, Nong Pru Subdistrict, Bang Phli District, Samut Prakan Province, reported Siam Rath.

Upon receiving the notification, authorities coordinated with the rescue foundation and rushed to the scene with cutting equipment to investigate the incident.

image.jpeg

Picture: Siam Rath

The front compartment was compressed, and rescue personnel used hydraulic cutting tools to open the doors and release the victim's body from the wreckage.

image.jpeg

Picture: Siam Rath

The front of the truck collided with the bus's rear bumper, causing the bus to skid and cross the intersection. 

Top Picture: Siam Rath

asean_now_BB.jpg

-- © Copyright  ASEAN NOW 2023-06-19

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

The most versatile and flexible rental investment and holiday home solution in Thailand - click for more information.

Get your business in front of millions of customers who read ASEAN NOW with an interest in Thailand every month - email [email protected] for more information
  • Sad 2

1 hour ago, lesmac said:

Because we see it every day here

Do we ?

I commute daily to and from work totaling 1000km a week... rarely do I see someone on or playing their phone.

Edited by Ralf001
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

35 minutes ago, Ralf001 said:

I commute daily to and from work totaling 1000km a week... rarely do I see someone on or playing their phone.

Is that because you are fast asleep while someone is either driving or piloting you?

What are Grab drivers, for just one instance, doing all the time?

Answer; looking at their phones!

Edited by scottiejohn

19 minutes ago, scottiejohn said:

Is that because you are fast asleep while someone is either driving or piloting you?

What are Grab drivers, for just one instance, doing all the time?

Answer; looking at their phones!

I drive myself.

Grab drivers, Looking at their phones is not the same as "their phones rarely leave their hands when driving" as ChrisY1 claims.

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, Ralf001 said:
11 hours ago, ChrisY1 said:

in fact their phones rarely leave their hands when driving.

11 hours ago, Ralf001 said:

And you know this how ?

3 hours ago, lesmac said:

Because we see it every day here

Actually I find difficult to see what anyone is doing inside their vehicle, given the prevalence of very dark tinting.

Edited by Moonlover
  • Like 1

When I ride around Pattaya the number of motorbike riders using their phones is frightening. And I am not talking about being stationary at the traffic lights. Against that I see very few females actually riding using their phones, they seem to have more sense.

• Thumbs Up 1

14 hours ago, Ralf001 said:

And you know this how ?

Believe it or not, we were in a Grab a few years ago, returning from a distant restaurant. It was monsoon outside. 

The male driver drove like and absolute mainiac, while texting and talking. 

I had to roar at him, something I have never done here, and he nearly <deleted> himself!

He put the phone away but still drove like a mad tosser. 

We reported him immediately to Grab on arrival. 

We booked Grab because we didn't want to drink drive, particularly that far. 

My exact thought this guy was doing the same. It all adds up backside up + eyes down = Truck Soup

3 hours ago, chalawaan said:

Believe it or not, we were in a Grab a few years ago, returning from a distant restaurant. It was monsoon outside. 

The male driver drove like and absolute mainiac, while texting and talking. 

I had to roar at him, something I have never done here, and he nearly <deleted> himself!

He put the phone away but still drove like a mad tosser. 

We reported him immediately to Grab on arrival. 

We booked Grab because we didn't want to drink drive, particularly that far. 

My exact thought this guy was doing the same. It all adds up backside up + eyes down = Truck Soup

Yeah some defo do it... That is not in question.

On 6/19/2023 at 7:11 AM, ChrisY1 said:

Again…a D-Max, lowered and no doubt no muffler….and by the look of the wreck…he was flying…and on the phone probably…in fact their phones rarely leave their hands when driving.

Agreed.  Looks very sporty.  These things get driven like literal drag racers most of the time.  Tearing along, noise like a prop-plane, with a plume of black smoke trailing behind them.

Very sad and also very preventable.

On 6/19/2023 at 9:40 PM, bignok said:

Looks like 140+ given the damage. These people ought to go to Laos. People there drive normal speed.

wife is in malaysia just now and is quite surprised how civilized the driving is there. her first time.