BREAKING: Hunter Biden reaches deal with Justice Department to plead guilty to three federal charges

Social Media

13 hours ago, placeholder said:

The federal attorney in charge of the investigation was appointed by Donald Trump. He was kept on by the Biden administration and promised no interference in the investigation. You've got nothing

That practice of always doing things correctly pays dividends in my book reading through the replies to the op demonstrates the abject desperation on the Republican side of the isle yup hunter skrewd up ok the court accepted the plea deal it’s done the result of hounding a recovering addict son of the current president who’s family has seen more BY far more than its fair share of tragedy.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Yet another big years long republican investigation that in spite of their best efforts turns up a big nothing burger for lack of evidence that would stand up in court.  You can't get a grand jury to indict on conspiracy theories.rumours, deep state BS. 

You actually need real evidence. Otherwise if the grand jury fails to indict you end up looking like right wing fools.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, GroveHillWanderer said:

If that's the case, then perhaps it also pays to be an associate of and adviser to Donald Trump, since it's very similar to the deal given to Roger Stone.

Hunter Biden owed around $200,000 in taxes covering just two years, which he had already paid, plus fines, very early on in the piece.

Roger Stone had failed to pay his full taxes going all the way back to 2007 and eventually ended up agreeing in 2021 to pay $2,000,000 to the IRS. He, like Biden was also given a deal that did not include any jail time.

So where's the massive disparity there?

If anything, Stone's offences were even more egregious than Biden's, since he owed more, the offences covered a longer period of time and he was less cooperative in terms of paying back the money promptly, vowing initially to fight the charges and dragging it out for years before finally agreeing to pay up.

Roger Stone Finally Agrees to Pay $2 Million in Back Taxes

I saw a video of the girl with the Nixon tattoo being interrogated, I thought she was going to have a seizure, man she was so pissed off! 

All a-grimace as a Gargoyle and almost chewing on her own tongue, it was wonderful TV!

How can a plea deal be a two-tier system? Ordinary citizens enter into plea bargains all the time.

It wouldn't surprise me if Trump was offered a plea deal - stay out of politics and social media, and you'll stay out of prison. I suspect most Republicans would be relieved, and only the most rabid would be bitching about it.

Of course, that would also mean he could not raise any more funds from the morons.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

You have no evidence for this inflammatory allegation and yet there is strong evidence that he took particular care not to, including retaining Trump's investigator. Stop repeating innuendo unless you can back it up. I'm not talking about the crack, rather the inference that daddy put his finger on the scales.

Edited by ozimoron

3 hours ago, riclag said:

Hope I live long enough to see the agencies gutted!

“Hunter entirely avoided charges for money laundering and allegedly violating the Foreign Agents Registration Act by representing the interests of foreign clients before the US government. He also avoided drug charges that disproportionately ensnared racial minorities under his father’s legislation, despite many photos of him using crack cocaine on his abandoned laptop.

“The American people are sick and tired of this two-tiered justice system and as a black man, I’m tired of seeing this kind of discretion used to favor people like Hunter Biden because he’s white and the son of a president,” despite many photos of him using crack cocaine on his abandoned laptop.

https://nypost.com/2023/06/21/black-men-are-being-jailed-years-for-same-crimes-as-hunter-biden-rep-wesley-hunt/

This is from factcheck.org. It's a nice splash of cold reality re the allegations in the NY Post article: 

Republican Claims About Hunter Biden Offenses

"Andrew Weissmann, a former federal prosecutor and FBI general counsel, said that first-time tax offenders “rarely get prosecuted” and it’s “even rarer” for them to be jailed.

“And false gun applications sadly also almost never get prosecuted or jail time. So this is if anything harsh, not lenient,” he wrote in a June 20 tweet.

Renato Mariotti, another former federal prosecutor, also tweeted that “[m]isdemeanor tax charges are rarely charged on their own, without felony tax counts.”

https://www.factcheck.org/2023/06/republican-claims-about-hunter-biden-offenses/

Edited by placeholder
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, GroveHillWanderer said:

Please provide some evidence that Hunter Biden ever lobbied the US government on behalf of foreign clients - or laundered money.

A Trump-appointed prosecutor investigated him for 5 years but the only crimes they could find were the tax and gun-related offences under discussion here.

The doj shutdown, removed the IRS whistleblower who complained that the investigation into biden criminality was being interfered with by officials in the Doj .

Weiss hasnt closed the case despite what biden lawyer claims imop

Im just as anxious as you are to see the testimony by a higher up in the IRS, that could possibly shed more light on money exchanges that resulted in 150 sars.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/hunter-biden-irs-whistleblower-removed-194912072.html

Edited by riclag
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, riclag said:

The doj shutdown, removed the IRS whistleblower who complained that the investigation into biden criminality was being interfered with by officials in the Doj .
Im just as anxious as you are to see the testimony by a higher up in the IRS, that could possibly shed more light on money exchanges that resulted in 150 sars.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/hunter-biden-irs-whistleblower-removed-194912072.html

The IRS said in a statement that it "is deeply committed to protecting the role of whistleblowers, and there are robust processes and procedures in place to protect whistleblowers."

1 hour ago, riclag said:

Weiss hasnt closed the case despite what biden lawyer claims imop

None of that's evidence though, is it?

For instance, as I'm sure you're aware since you're following this so closely, the filing of an SAR is not evidence of misconduct. They are automatically generated based on the transaction type and amount.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GroveHillWanderer said:

None of that's evidence though, is it?

For instance, as I'm sure you're aware since you're following this so closely, the filing of an SAR is not evidence of misconduct. They are automatically generated based on the transaction type and amount.

The Truth About Suspicious Activity Reports

Our data indicate that about 4 percent of SARs result in any follow-up from law enforcement. A tiny subset of these results in an arrest and ultimately a conviction....

Generally, law enforcement already has suspicions about someone and then goes to the SAR database to gather evidence and find other suspects.

https://bpi.com/the-truth-about-suspicious-activity-reports/

• Like 2

On 6/20/2023 at 9:23 PM, Tug said:

Good I hope he can continue to maintain his sobriety good luck and put that part of your life behind you.the Biden’s have had more than their fair share of tragedy 

I hope he isn't blaming his disease for his crimes. 

To stay sober, one must be totally honest and humble.

Edited by Neeranam
  • Sad 1