Prayut Starts Packing To Leave Govt House

webfact

53 minutes ago, John Drake said:

Some people it seems have made an emotional investment in the new government. But I too think we should wait and see--especially on immigration issues that might directly have an effect on us. By no means do I think some guy is a savior for Thailand simply because he's youngish, smiles a lot, and seems to edge towards the West. I remain concerned that China will continue to pull the strings, here. And that's not good for anybody, Thai or foreign. By all means give the new government a chance. But when it comes to immigration I just hope they keep their hands off and let it remain as is. No changes.

But we do need changes, stopping treating retiree's being treated like criminals with this 90 day reporting nonsense for a start.

• Like 1
  • Love It 1

2 hours ago, MrMojoRisin said:

The army instituted a coup to bring stability to Thailand after instituting instability to bring about an excuse for a coup.

All started back in the early 2000s when Thaksin stopped government banks giving their mates free money to pay off their debts.

One in particular, an old friend no less, used his failed media business to propagandize support against Thaksin, destabilize the country and provoke a military coup. 

Since then there has been no resolution to the differences and Thai politics is as fractured as ever. 

7 hours ago, 2baht said:

Oh, let me ask! ???? Since when is it naive to "wonder"? You're easily Shocked, farang!????

Why the racist comment? And yes "farang" is very racist and derogatory!!! What's good for the goose is good for the gander.

• Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, BritScot said:

Why the racist comment? And yes "farang" is very racist and derogatory!!! What's good for the goose is good for the gander.

Oh my goodness, chip on the old block there? Yes, I too am a farang, get over it! ????

Edited by 2baht
  • Sad 1

7 hours ago, stoner said:

na na na na na na na na hey eh eh good bye. 

That song took me back to the good ol' London town days!.. Don't remember who sang it?..... Motown label /music had a lot of memorable and talented artists!... Good day!

8 hours ago, Searat7 said:

I wonder if he will finally have to give up his free Army residence once he leaves. I am certain he has the funds

The records of these funds are all in the papers "deemed to be unimportant are gradually being destroyed"

• Love It 1

5 hours ago, shackleton said:

The guy served his time put up with a lot of grief doing the job to the best of his ability some may think different 

Enjoy the retirement ???? 

I very much doubt he’ll be able to enjoy the retirement…., he’ll instead be fretting over pending trials and daily ostracism.

9 hours ago, Searat7 said:

I wonder if he will finally have to give up his free Army residence once he leaves. I am certain he has the funds

Exactly.  About time this freeloader started paying rent and utilities on that army grace and favour house. He probably has piles of pieces of brown paper stacked up like newspapers in the army house.  The maid gossip network told me that the house of a politician in our village piles of that stuff everywhere. These guys never need to use credit cards for anything in Thailand.

Edited by Dogmatix
  • Love It 1

8 hours ago, neeray said:

Can't say anything good about the General but at least he didn't call it a rigged or stolen election.

I will be convinced in a couple of years.  Now it is just window dressing as far as I am concerned. Would not get to excited about reform until it happens.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Srikcir said:

Might Prayut become a Senator (maybe even President of the Senate?) as the current 250 Senator terms will soon expire (after 2023?). 

Part of the current Senators originated from a selection process that included a junta-appointed committee that chose ultimately 194 members out if the total 250. In addition six positions were given to top military and police leaders.

The Constitution makes clear the Senators are not elected. I don't see the military letting go its hold in the Senate after losing cobtrol of the government.

He and his cohort cannot be trusted.

Far from neutralised.

His change of location is, in terms of his potential to do damage, meaningless.

The real "house cleaning" has yet to begin.

Edited by Enoon

3 hours ago, Srikcir said:

Might Prayut become a Senator (maybe even President of the Senate?) as the current 250 Senator terms will soon expire (after 2023?). 

Part of the current Senators originated from a selection process that included a junta-appointed committee that chose ultimately 194 members out if the total 250. In addition six positions were given to top military and police leaders.

The Constitution makes clear the Senators are not elected. I don't see the military letting go its hold in the Senate after losing cobtrol of the government.

The constitution for senate appointments is only a transitory provision and has to be amended by the next government. The provision task the NCPO to select and appoint the senators after the coup. NCPO has been dissolved making the amendment mandatory. Moreover all the appointments will expire next year.The new civilian government will defintely right this wrong and amend for elected senators.  

Edited by Eric Loh
add word

6 hours ago, NoshowJones said:

But we do need changes, stopping treating retiree's being treated like criminals with this 90 day reporting nonsense for a start.

I'm ready to live with the 90 day. Just as long as they leave everything else alone. Once they start "reforming" immigration, who knows where they'll go.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, NoshowJones said:

Or....simply do away with the draconian and heavy bureaucracy that is associated with the assorted non-O types. 

That would be a start. 

• Thumbs Up 1

12 hours ago, 2baht said:

Would be interesting to know what his personal wealth is now compared to when he moved in! ????

That was in the destroyed papers  ........."accidentally...." ????

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, John Drake said:

I'm ready to live with the 90 day. Just as long as they leave everything else alone. Once they start "reforming" immigration, who knows where they'll go.

Being a person with no criminal record either in the UK or here I resent reporting to anyone as no one is more important than me.

• Haha 1