Severe weather alert: heavy rainfall predicted across Thailand due to monsoon impact

webfact

image.jpeg

In the forecast for the next 24 hours, as of today, weather conditions across Thailand are expected to turn severe with heavy rains predicted in the northern, and northeastern regions, and a significant 60% of Bangkok areas facing heavy downpours.

These conditions are following the impact of a monsoon trough passing over the northern region and upper Laos, which is leading into a low-pressure area over upper Vietnam, and the monsoon tides sweeping over the Andaman Sea, Thailand, and the Thai Bay.

This situation is causing increasing rainfall across Thailand with intense rains in parts of northern and eastern regions, particularly in the northeastern areas. For the Andaman Sea region, waves are predicted to reach heights of approximately one metre, with 1-2 metre high waves in areas with thundershowers, warranting caution for seafarers within these areas to avoid navigation during thunderstorms, reported Sanook.

In the weather forecast for Thailand from this midnight until tomorrow, up to 60% of the northern region will experience thunderstorms, with heavy rains in some areas in the provinces of Mae Hong Son, Chiang Mai, Chiang Rai, Phayao, Phrae, Nan and Uttaradit. The temperatures will likely range between 23-27°C at the lowest and 32-36°C at the highest, with southwest winds at speeds of 10-25 kilometres per hour.

The northeastern region will also experience thunderstorms in 60% of its areas, along with intense to very intense rainfalls in some areas specifically in Nong Khai, Bueng Kan, Udon Thani, Sakon Nakhon, Nakhon Phanom, Mukdahan, Roi Et, Yasothon, Amnat Charoen, Si Sa Ket, and Ubon Ratchathani provinces. The temperatures here will range between 24-26°C at the lowest point and 32-36°C the highest, with southwest winds at speeds of 10-20 kilometres per hour.

By Samantha Rose

Picture courtesy of Eutah Mizushima, Unsplash

Full story: https://thethaiger.com/hot-news/weather/severe-weather-alert-heavy-rainfall-predicted-across-thailand-due-to-monsoon-impact

Thaiger

-- © Copyright Thaiger 2023-06-26

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

I look at the four forecast models available within Windy.com. What is noticeable is how much they disagree with one another and how more often than not they are wrong in regards timing and amount of rain. If we received the amount of rain forecast we'd need rescue boats across the Nan and tributary river valleys constantly.

For me they don't promise to much.

Saturday in Udon Thani, 4 PM dark sky, rain starts and not stop until late night.

Back home Sunday morning. Some rain during the day.

Now heavy downpour, short power cuts, the usual stuff.

3 minutes ago, Golden Triangle said:

14.30hrs, still no rain, they've been promising rain for days now, could do with a drop or 2, never mind, it'll rain in its sweet own time ????

Maybe the enormous rains over the Indian Ocean make it to you :biggrin:

I am sure I have seen this thread before!...Do you ever get that feeling of "Deja Vu"?

I am sure I have seen this thread before!...Do you ever get that feeling of "Deja Vu"?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, GreasyFingers said:

Do not mind their forecasting but wish they would get the Khon Kaen and Phitsanuklok radars working so I can do my own. KK has been out of service for a week and PK forever.

And Suvarnabhumi(!) simply vanished from the list.

How useful/reliable is such a site?:

https://www.rainviewer.com/radars/thailand.html

Edited by KhunBENQ
  • Thumbs Up 1

20 hours ago, dinsdale said:

They really need to post these warnings everday and eventually they'll get it right. Even a broken clock is right twice a day.

Kept checking the radar and nothing, stayed dry and too darned hot here. Heavy rain over at her mother's in Korat though. 

One day .Rodders, one day.

Although in this report, they've left Bangkok out.

Rainy season should be kicking into high gear soon, says the #Thai Meteorological Department.

https://tpnnational.com/2023/06/27/thai-meteorological-department-warns-of-rain-floods-and-strong-waves/

Edited by anchadian

13 hours ago, Taboo2 said:

Been hearing about this for weeks and not a drop in Pattaya.....55555.

Yes, and already announced is a dry July due to the effects of  El Niño, we have just 3 days to get some in!

Daily Express in the UK is the worst!

Record snow falls coming

Unprecedented heat wave coming 

Warnings of mass heat exhaustion amongst the old !

Michael Fish : all is forgiven !

2 hours ago, stix40 said:

Daily Express in the UK is the worst!

Record snow falls coming

Unprecedented heat wave coming 

Warnings of mass heat exhaustion amongst the old !

Michael Fish : all is forgiven !

Its all Climate change.... all of it... and you you dont accept that you are a 'climate change denier'... 

Forget about how structures are built and designed around cyclic events, i.e. 100 year flood, 100 year storm etc...   it doesn't matter... Anything 'extreme' that has happened before is still because of human impacted climate change...   :clap2::whistling:  

.... and don't let anyone with intelligent balance tell you otherwise... because the brainwashed climate change 'agreers' have listened to the 'science' !!!!! 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1