Poll: A historic number of Americans don’t want a Biden-Trump rematch

Social Media

File:Joe Biden and Donald Trump.jpg - Wikimedia Commons

A historic number of Americans prefer neither President Biden nor former President Trump be elected president in 2024, according to a new CNN/SSRS poll.

The survey found that 33 percent favored Trump, and 32 percent were opting for Biden, but that 36 percent viewed neither positively. Specifially among registered voters, 31 percent preferred neither frontrunner candidate.

The numbers show a deflection from the norm, whereas usually the majority of Americans prefer at least one frontrunner. In 2020, only 5 percent in CNN’s final poll of the election period said they disliked Biden and Trump. In 2012, the number was even smaller — 3 percent of voters expressed a distaste for Barack Obama and Republican Mitt Romney, according to CNN.

The new poll, conducted between June 13 to 17, reflects Biden’s declining approval rating. A poll from earlier this month found that the president’s disapproval rating had increased by 2 percentage points since April.

Full Story

image.png

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Tug said:

If they are the 2 that end up running personally to me it’s a no brainer obviously Biden is much better for the country trump was and is a disaster and criminal to boot

Might also depend on who Trump would pick for VP, if he is the nominee. Biden is stuck with Harris, a politcal albatross. Trump could, possibly, pick someone who would elevate the GOP ticket- Nikki Haley, Tim Scott, hell even DeSantis.  

Gotta face the reality that the odds of Biden (or Trump for that matter) surviving until 2028 are not that great. Consider that the average life expectancy for white folks is abou 76 years old, both are already on borrowed time. And not in the best of health.

Far better if both parties nominate younger, more energetic, and more survivable candidates. 

• Thumbs Up 1

53 minutes ago, Hanaguma said:

Might also depend on who Trump would pick for VP, if he is the nominee. Biden is stuck with Harris, a politcal albatross. Trump could, possibly, pick someone who would elevate the GOP ticket- Nikki Haley, Tim Scott, hell even DeSantis.  

Gotta face the reality that the odds of Biden (or Trump for that matter) surviving until 2028 are not that great. Consider that the average life expectancy for white folks is abou 76 years old, both are already on borrowed time. And not in the best of health.

Far better if both parties nominate younger, more energetic, and more survivable candidates. 

Your average life expectancy statistic is based on a male at birth, Trump in reality may have another 10 years and Biden 8.5 years so 2028 is statically probable for both.

Though with Trump's past life style and obesity that might be a bit of a stretch, and that's not taking into account Trump's challenges from possible incarceration.

I would also suggest that Trump's past choice of VP along your suggestions are no improvement over a political albatross.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Social Media said:

A historic number of Americans prefer neither President Biden nor former President Trump be elected president in 2024,

Time to get rid of the geriatric dinosaurs, surely America can do better that Sleepy Joe and Lying Donald, if not, God help America! ????

3 hours ago, Isaan sailor said:

Need an age limit for the Presidency.  I suggest no older than 70 at inauguration.  And that would solve the problem we have now.

IMHO a better suggestion would be that ALL politicians retire from politics on their 65th, or even better on their 60th birthday, with NO exceptions.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

18 hours ago, Hanaguma said:

where did you come up with that a VP has ever once helped an election, preytell?

• Thumbs Up 1

I have to admit that very generally speaking we are collectively excellent at telling people what we don't like or want.

And with an election 16 months out it is easier to be picky.

Chief Justice Oliver Wendell Holmes retired at 90.

Senator Strom Thurmond served until age 100.

Current Senator Chuck Grassley is 89, Sen. Feinstein 90 (maybe not the ideal example?) and Mitch McConnell is 81.

Age shouldn't be an issue. 

• Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, earlinclaifornia said:

where did you come up with that a VP has ever once helped an election, preytell?

VPs traditionally were picked to either shore up a perceived weakness in the main presidential candidate, or to get electoral college votes from a state that could be difficult. Biden, for example, was picked to shore up Obama's relative youth and inexperience in foreign policy.  Pence helped Trump with evangelicals and people with a moral conscience. Harris was a promise Biden made in order to win the South Carolina primary. 

11 minutes ago, Hanaguma said:

VPs traditionally were picked to either shore up a perceived weakness in the main presidential candidate, or to get electoral college votes from a state that could be difficult. Biden, for example, was picked to shore up Obama's relative youth and inexperience in foreign policy.  Pence helped Trump with evangelicals and people with a moral conscience. Harris was a promise Biden made in order to win the South Carolina primary. 

Might just have a bit to do with her experience in government on the doj side as well as the federal side also being a person of color growing up in a single parent household 

2 minutes ago, Tug said:

Well there’s that pesky fact that she was the AG for California you know the state with the fifth largest economy on the planet or perhaps her serving as a United States senator for California that to in my humble opinion qualifies her as well.personally I think she has a remarkable life story ,America at its best!

She has a good immigrant story for sure. Nothing to do with being African American, but an interesting story of how America accepts good people from around the world. And her parents were certainly good people- well educated and wealthy. 

Oh, and she was an embarrassment as AG in Cali. But being both half black and female is a guarantee of success in the Democratic party, especially in a blue state like that.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Tug said:

Yea I remember I’m a native Californian (I was born there)anyway lots of folks were angry because she was tough on crime no sir she’s wicked smart and a decent person as well a true come up by your boot straps person a remarkable story the American dream personified 

Not exactly coming up by your bootstraps when both your parents are university professors. And you are right, her hypocrisy as AG was one of the things that torpedoed her presidential run in 2020.

2 hours ago, xylophone said:

But what it does make him is a person totally unfit to be in any sort of office of influence/power, or to lead a country like the USA – – see my previous post which begins with this paragraph: –

"As a president, Trump misled Americans about economic indicators, about a hurricane, about climate change and about his past actions and meetings with foreign leaders. While leading the nation through the pandemic he underplayed the severity of coronavirus while endorsing fake cures".

I guess his supporters will stick with him no matter how bad he is! A cult perhaps?

Your post shows you have a gift of summarizing this man's faults to perfection.

I had a gut feeling when he Birthered the President of the United States. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I think both are unfit to be in the office.

Trump started lying when he said on his book; "Our family came from SWEDEN!"

And then it got worse...

Biden is too old... and wasn't that smart begin with.

The process is so nasty non decent person will go through it....

That's why we get what we have had recent years. It's sad.

• Like 2