Barriers to transgender people accessing Thailand’s healthcare system

webfact

3 hours ago, Jingthing said:

I personally experienced this as a cisgender gay man in the US so I can imagine such discrimination is magnified for transgender people anywhere.

Yes a common result is avoidance of health care and of course that isn't good.

Such problems I suppose can be addressed by better education for health care professionals and aggressive outreach to impacted communities.

To add its not only LGBTQ people.

Other groups experience similar.

For example obese and old people.

The easy medical response is to blame everything on obesity or age and not even bother to diagnose.and treat complaints.

For example saying come back when you've lost weight which is usually never or of course you have this illness, you're old, just accept it.

How would someone see at healthcare if you are gay or not gay? That is not something that can be seen....

Old....I fully agree

Obese: I do understand that healthcare who want to help people have a problem if their customer damage themself on purpose....Being obese is a lifestyle choice.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, h90 said:

"Barriers to transgender people accessing Thailand’s healthcare system"

And people think they are not treated....and was surprised...

Than "including the use of pronouns with which they do not identify"?

OK some nurse calling someone "Mr."....if that is the worst problem we have.....Next week I am going to the dentist.....I am all male but if the dentist want to call me Miss, he/she is free to do so....it doesn't matter.

Great, you must be proud - fancy being smooth brained enough to think that it is about pronouns

• Like 1
  • Confused 3
  • Love It 1

3 minutes ago, PremiumLane said:

Oh boo hoo, things change and get updated, deal with it. And trans people have existed throughout history, not our fault you don't understand this.

Did you actually read the post I was quoting and referring to!

I have nothing against the LBGT community.  I objected to being accused of "So you prefer transgender??"

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, PremiumLane said:

Great, you must be proud - fancy being smooth brained enough to think that it is about pronouns

That is what the article wrote....didn't come out of my brain....

• Like 2

1 hour ago, PremiumLane said:

Really telling how a post about trans healthcare brings the low-brow knuckle draggers in to give us their expert opinions on such topics as "muh feelings are hurt cos trans people exist" and "muh feeling are hurt if I get called a science term" - bunch of snowflakes on here

To quote you from above; "muh feelings are hurt cos trans people exist" and "muh feeling are hurt if I get called a science term"

For your information some of the terms you use have nothing to do with science terms! Just one example (the one I referred to earlier!)

e.g. "Cisgender";

From;"Cis" Coined by "Pedosexual" Physician (4w.pub)

The term "cis gender" has gained widespread popularity in recent years, largely due to a push from trans activists who define the word as the opposite of “transgender." However, few users of the term are aware it originated with a German sexologist who also believes pedophilia is a sexuality.

Other sources here; What does it mean to be cisgender? Here's what to know (yahoo.com)

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, scottiejohn said:

Will you please stop calling me names.  It does your tirades no good.  I am a MAN! End of story!

You call yourself what you want but do NOT call me what I am NOT!

I didn't say you weren't a man. I don't know you personally. Statistically, you are most likely cisgender. Again, it's not a slur word. You and the likes of Elon Musk can call it a slur word a million times, but that is totally wrong. 

I Coined The Term 'Cisgender.' Here's What It Means. | HuffPost HuffPost Personal

Edited by Jingthing
  • Confused 3

3 hours ago, scottiejohn said:

Did you actually read the post I was quoting and referring to!

I have nothing against the LBGT community.  I objected to being accused of "So you prefer transgender??"

You see, you use LGBT and everyone knows what you mean. It's that easy. No one forces you to use all the acronyms. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, scottiejohn said:

I am a man.........

Then act like one. Cisgender was never thought of as a slur until Musk brought it up recently. A slur has to be considered a perjorative term expressing contempt like p--f or n-----r. Cisgender is purely a descriptive and does not imply contempt. A real man would never get butthurt by something so trivial. 

Don't give me mouthful or punch me Scottiejohn, I love you really.  ???? 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1