• Latest posts...

1. 4

MAGA is a disease

2. 9

New Kitchen Install

3. 3,997

Latest developments and discussion of recent events in the Ukraine War

4. 58

Trump ahead in all battleground states - ALL OF THEM!

5. 11

Visit Thailand for just under 90 days with Thai wife. Visa advice please.

6. 25

harris just acknowledged a pro Palestine supporter,about Israeli Genocide of kids

7. 1

Two Schoolgirls Injured After Truck Tyre Breaks Loose and Hits Motorcycle

8. 3

UK Oncologist Prof Angus Dalgleish > mRNA jabs are an unmitigated disaster

9. 58

Trump ahead in all battleground states - ALL OF THEM!

10. 44

Blocked sceptic tank.

11. 46

Sick and tired

12. 88

King Charles: Australia's Future as a Republic Rests with Its People

13. 4

MAGA is a disease

14. 2

Female Doing Driving Practice Crashes Into Home, Causing Major Damage

15. 54

Foreign Election Interference in the US 2024 Election!

Not working, just helping the wife

Get a work permit. It only needs a jealousy, vindictive anonymous neighbour or dissatisfied customer to report you and the police and immigration police will be round At best that's not a good look for your wife's business. 

On 6/27/2023 at 8:40 AM, JonnyF said:

All work paid or unpaid requires a work permit. Cutting a tree down is work. It's known as being an Arborist. 

So does this mean that I need a work permit to give food and water to our rabbit and hose down her litter tray, as I do each day?

• Haha 1

On 6/30/2023 at 12:32 PM, Seeall said:

Ahhh, however, foreign visiting military "tecnically" have no work permit but they are welcome to work and give things out....  and what about all the help during the tsunami and the cave deaths?  they have no work permits, arrest them all before they do and work (save lives)  its another circus is what it is...

Whereas a Thai who, in your eyes, has the nerve to work illegally in your home country should, of course, have the book thrown at them without mercy or fear, right?

• 1 year later...
On 6/27/2023 at 10:00 PM, Almer said:

Not an issue until they upset somebody

This subject interests me as I've been guilty of "volunteering" to bring items in my car and unloading them for the family restaurant. Will get the kitchen-hands to unload in future. Also, with outside tables I've run to pick up table clothes etc as it starts to rain.

Otherwise I've tried to avoid doing anything at the restaurant besides chatting with customers. Although, I have taken customers that I've become friendly with to some tourist spots and guess that's a no-no too but never for or received any money.

The family restaurant does have surrounding similar restaurants that could get upset as the family restaurant does do well.

Generally about volunteering, I mentioned in another post about the Soi Dog Foundation and I just found this on their website under their volunteering FAQ:

Q Do I need a visa? 

A If you want to visit Soi Dog and as part of your holiday you want to volunteer, it is legitimate to enter on a tourist visa. Visas may change for different nationalities so please check with your local Thai Embassy beforehand. 

I guess it's a grey area and the Soi Dog don't have a similar business nearby that could get upset but they do cover themselves by saying "check with your local Thai Embassy".

3 hours ago, BaanOz said:

This subject interests me as I've been guilty of "volunteering" to bring items in my car and unloading them for the family restaurant. Will get the kitchen-hands to unload in future. Also, with outside tables I've run to pick up table clothes etc as it starts to rain.

Otherwise I've tried to avoid doing anything at the restaurant besides chatting with customers. Although, I have taken customers that I've become friendly with to some tourist spots and guess that's a no-no too but never for or received any money.

The family restaurant does have surrounding similar restaurants that could get upset as the family restaurant does do well.

As I understand if your Thai wife has her own shop (for example) you are permitted to 'assist'. That is what couples do. Otherwise, how could your wife attend to her bodily functions or attend a hospital appointment etc?

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

28 minutes ago, The Fugitive said:

As I understand if your Thai wife has her own shop (for example) you are permitted to 'assist'. That is what couples do. Otherwise, how could your wife attend to her bodily functions or attend a hospital appointment etc?

Your  thinking is "weirdo" strange! 

2 hours ago, The Fugitive said:

:cheesy: ...we normally walk together, 5mins to a nearby 5 star resort toilet that's air-conditioned while the family attend to the restaurant.

(I just relieve myself in nearby bushes)

There is competition with neighbouring restaurants and why "assisting" may be a bad idea.