Thaipocrisy: United States deny meddling in Thailand political affairs

webfact

South America is indeed a case in point where the USA got rid of elected governments to install "their" boy. Thailand was a potential domino in Southeast Asia so their "influence" is heavily felt here, and possibly why they have not flatly condemned military coups in the past. I guess they like Pita.

“He may be a son of a b1tch but he’s our son of a b1tch.” 

Cordell Hull referring to Somoza

1 minute ago, Gumballl said:

The politics in Thailand have never, not once, bothered or affected me. I support the Thai people... not their government.

I could say the same for most if not all countries

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

12 minutes ago, sidneybear said:

Nobody in their right mind believes a thing the US says anymore, so this won't be believed either.

nobody in their right mind should believe anything any government says, better to believe the opposite of what they tell you

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Bday Prang said:

I could say the same for most if not all countries

I guess it is our way of saying "Mai pen rai" (sorry if my transliteration is incorrect)... but I'm trying to convey is... whatever. I am happy as the next person, minding my own thoughts and on goings.

11 minutes ago, bamnutsak said:

The "American Interference" disinformation campaign is being propagated by the usual suspects,

When you lose an election, you have to blame someone or something. Still Thailand and the US have not really been friends or allies since 1997's economic crisis fall out, 25 years ago. Yes Obama did make an effort but ...   BTW, this article is written by Mr Bob Scott (if that is is real name); a well known "White Monkey". 

1 minute ago, Bday Prang said:

nobody in their right mind should believe anything any government says, better to believe the opposite of what they tell you

I believe Kim Jong Un

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Purdey said:

South America is indeed a case in point where the USA got rid of elected governments to install "their" boy. Thailand was a potential domino in Southeast Asia so their "influence" is heavily felt here, and possibly why they have not flatly condemned military coups in the past. I guess they like Pita.

“He may be a son of a b1tch but he’s our son of a b1tch.” 

Cordell Hull referring to Somoza

Not only South America....Iran...comes into my mind, when the elected government got to friendly with the Soviets

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, Gumballl said:

I guess it is our way of saying "Mai pen rai" (sorry if my transliteration is incorrect)... but I'm trying to convey is... whatever. I am happy as the next person, minding my own thoughts and on goings.

"Mai son jai" is another phrase that springs to mind

1 minute ago, jesimps said:

I think you'll find that all the countries the US has interfered in have at the time been undemocratic, totalitarian states. 

Iranian Prime Minister Mohammad Mossadegh on line 2 for you.

But yeah, I agree with your premise. Thailand and the U.S.A. have a pretty lengthy diplomatic history dating to what, early 1800's. And it's been mostly beneficial to both countries, with a few speed bumps.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Can someone explain how the US interfered in Thailand's political affairs during this election, or during this century?

Please, no examples dating back to the cold war, Vietnam war, World War II, British and French colonialism, etc.  Give examples from the 21st century.