Baht falls to 7-month low as unease grows over chances of Pita Limjaroenrat being elected as PM

webfact

27 minutes ago, nobodysfriend said:

They cannot get anything done properly ...

No other country I know creates so much confusion about election results .

Confusion in politics leads to confusion in the ' financial markets  ' .

The result is a feeling of insecurity that leads to a falling baht and stocks .

I've had a gut feeling all along the Mr Pita will not be the new PM...maybe I'm wrong but there's news every day of more opposition and Tony making noise in the background...wants to see his grandchildren,ya BS

• Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

3 hours ago, Jonathan Swift said:

Maybe but unlikely. Highest it's been in two years is 38. It's been at 34 most of the year. But what these people aren't talking about is that the favorable exchange rate means more foreign money pours in. 

Agree 

On 4/20/2023 at 4:42 AM, Bim Smith said:

"You can complete the 90-day reporting within 14 days before or up to seven days after".

Has anyone tried online reporting. I want to try it for the first time next month and always thought it was 7 days before due date and 7 days after. Can anyone confirm? Thank you 

22 hours ago, h90 said:

the Russian weaponsdealer many years...maybe 20, very upset explained in an interview the commission.

For civilian airplanes it is always 5 and 7 % for the decision maker. 5 and 7 is Boeing and Airbus, I can not remember which was the 7 and which the 5%.

(for military things it is 10%) For the military he pointed out that it is a kind of standard rate that is always payed, no matter what countries are buyer or seller....

Getting a 5% of 30 airplanes is a nice amount of money even if you need to share it.

1 hour ago, edwinchester said:

Thai bank lending is a mess. Wifey and I asked for a loan to buy a new car recently. I can get a better rate on my savings elsewhere than the loan rate so it makes sense. My pension is twice the married man's as demanded by Immigration and wifey has a million bht deposited at the bank. We were turned down. One of wifeys friends recently got a loan on a new pick-up. They’re a teaching asst earning 9k a month and their repayments are 7k a month......insane.

Country of no logic can be applied. I always tell visitors / friends everything works the other way around. What’s impossible back home easy here and vice versa ????????

I exchanged € at 38.35 last week, now it's at 38.80, so a rather small difference only. 

Was able to exchange $ twice last year when it hit 38.05 - don't think we'll see that again for quite some time (I hope I'm wrong).

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, actonion said:

All this B.S. about closing bars to make sure everyone is sober  in time for elections, they never listen to the peoples vote, so long  winded about any and every thing they do..

Preventing that some local politician give out some booze in front of the election tent....

It is more logic than the daily no booze times.

• Thumbs Up 1