Move Forward, Pheu Thai exploring a “compromise”

webfact

image.png

As the deadline for the election of the House speaker draws near, both the Move Forward and Pheu Thai parties are reported to be considering a compromise, to settle what looks like a serious schism that could threaten their ongoing efforts to form a post-election coalition.

The election of the House speaker is expected to be held during the first House session which is set to take place by July 12.  But as things stand today (Thursday), the two parties seem far from resolving their differences. 

The Pheu Thai party has made it clear that it wants the House speakership as well as 14 cabinet seats, as part of the power-sharing formula with Move Forward and six other parties which would form the next administration.  

Move Forward, meanwhile, insists that, as the party has the highest number of MPs in the House, it entitled to the House speakership, plus 14 cabinet seats.

#news

Full story: https://www.thaipbsworld.com/move-forward-pheu-thai-exploring-a-compromise/

Logo-top-.png

-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2023-06-30

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

• Haha 2

16 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

PT: We do anything you want as long as you support that our criminal leader can come back to Thailand without going to jail.

There are rumblings that a deal will be struck for Thaksin to receive an absolute pardon by his old friend  in exchange for MFP getting to decide the next speaker. Your nightmare may soon happen.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, pegman said:

There are rumblings that a deal will be struck for Thaksin to receive an absolute pardon by his old friend  in exchange for MFP getting to decide the next speaker. Your nightmare may soon happen.

If part of the deal is that he lives somewhere in a red village without communication network, then that would be fine with me - not that I expect that anybody cares about what I like.

2_442095_1_249.jpg

3 hours ago, nobodysfriend said:

I hope that they remember that politicians are elected by the people's vote , and therefore , should do everything necessary to help the people to have a better life , instead of fighting for ministerial posts . Even before a coalition or government is formed ...

Does not start good , we will see what happens ...

the purpose of being elected is to enrich yourself and your friends......no one who has a meaningful position in politics care about the normal people. A person who care about people never reach the top.

• Like 1
  • Love It 1

39 minutes ago, pegman said:

I doubt Thaksin is that silly....having the deal, loosing the speaker and than forever not getting the pardon because they cave in when there is resistance....

1 hour ago, ross163103 said:

Agree totally.  I asked my wife if she would vote again in the next election if they vote Pita out, and she said, "Probably not." Basically if the senate can overturn what the people voted for, what's the purpose of an election(?), better the senate just picks someone. Sarcasm

The Senate can not overturn something...there is a vote in parliament and Senate doesn't have too much influence.....60 votes they need...but they told they don't want the votes from Korn....they insulted BJP without any reason.....without doing that they could have the votes without a single Senator votes for them. They might have even gotten the 60 senate votes if they wouldn't be openly hostile against the monarchy. (That silly national day discussion only to anger the monarchists, the silly 112 discussion).

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, h90 said:

The Senate can not overturn something...there is a vote in parliament and Senate doesn't have too much influence.....60 votes they need...but they told they don't want the votes from Korn....they insulted BJP without any reason.....without doing that they could have the votes without a single Senator votes for them. They might have even gotten the 60 senate votes if they wouldn't be openly hostile against the monarchy. (That silly national day discussion only to anger the monarchists, the silly 112 discussion).

What rubbish you taking? BJT calls for Pheu Thai's dissolution. You think the coalition parties will accept such attack on their major partner? Korn was rejected because of MFP supporters see him as a junta crony. There is no hostility against the monarchy. The manifesto of the coalition calls for maintaining the monarchy. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Eric Loh said:

What rubbish you taking? BJT calls for Pheu Thai's dissolution. You think the coalition parties will accept such attack on their major partner? Korn was rejected because of MFP supporters see him as a junta crony. There is no hostility against the monarchy. The manifesto of the coalition calls for maintaining the monarchy. 

don't be ridiculous, how many times in the past BJT changed sides for cash? Every time they got offered something. 

Yes they didn't want Korn....they rejected him and than complain if there are not enough votes?? That is silly.

The royal thing I don't want to discuss here....but when you listen what they sometimes say...and what the PTP already distance themself from...it is at least provoking the Senate.
And it is unnecessary and has no influence on the economic problems many Thais have...Why not bury these ideological things for a few months?

3 hours ago, pegman said:

Strange theory. I don't see what the relation between Thaksin's old friend and MFP could be.

Edited by candide

2 hours ago, h90 said:

the purpose of being elected is to enrich yourself and your friends......no one who has a meaningful position in politics care about the normal people. A person who care about people never reach the top.

Same as the purpose of being appointed......

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, bannork said:

I thought Thaksin didn't have any friends.

My point was that his old friend (not sure he's still a friend, but he was), is certainly no friend of MFP and would not do anything to help MFP.

1 hour ago, BenStark said:
4 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

If part of the deal is that he lives somewhere in a red village without communication network, then that would be fine with me

You really think you have any rights in the decision-making? WOW

I wrote: "If part of the deal is that he lives somewhere in a red village without communication network, then that would be fine with me - not that I expect that anybody cares about what I like."

And you decided to ignore the part which I now highlighted just for you. 

One of us is ignorant or manipulative. 

• Like 1