Mini bus driver caught on viral video threatening to hit foreigner with iron bar in Phuket

snoop1130

Would it not be a good idea for TIT or the police in Phuket to show Tourist threats are taken seriously and show what sentences are handed out to show and deter others from these incidents are acted on. I bet if it was a tourist branding an iron bar on a Thai local he would be photographed and finger pointed by the local media. 

16 hours ago, stevenl said:

No, read the tourist's explanation in the full story. Without knowing exactly what was discussed with the agency we don't know if the driver was in the right to ask for an additional charge. We do know his behaviour was in the wrong. 

Shacking my head!!! Swing an iron bar is not much different than shooting at someone and missing or trying to stab someone they are all attempted murder and no justification unless said nutter was scared for his life and unable to retreat...... absolutely No Excuses Please!!@

19 hours ago, stoner said:

you actually printed this name knowing the defamation laws here ? good on the foreigner for keeping cool in the situation. 

It’s on the TV and newspapers for all to see !!

8 hours ago, BritManToo said:

All the Thai islands are like that.

After my first trip (Koh Libong), I never went to a Thai island again.

confirmed---went south in 2008...zero desire to return.......also ive found out that the tuk tuk drivers in CM carry machetes under their seats.........luckily I had my baton.......

In love and war always be prepared Gents! ????

• Like 1

17 hours ago, BangkokReady said:

Two of my favourites: "A Thai would never do something like this for no reason.  The foreigner must have done something to antagonise him."  Or "Thais can sense someone's character just by looking at them, so if they treat you badly, it's because you're a bad person."

Money money money zero service

• Thumbs Up 1

"PHUKET: A total of 12 million tourists are expected to visit Phuket this year, Nanthasiri Ronnasiri, Director of the Tourism Authority of Thailand Phuket Office (TAT Phuket) has revealed."

He's going to need a bigger iron bar or substantial back up!

When you attempt to hit someone in the head with a iron bar, you are running a very high risk of killing them and your action could be interpreted as such. The foreigner and the driver are both fortunate they are still alive. If I were in the position of the foreigner, I would have defended myself and might have savagely attacked the driver. It is quite likely this numskull had no fighting skills, hence the need for the weapon, so this is fairly easy to defend against. It is very possible the driver would not have walked away from the encounter. 

Edited by spidermike007
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

12 hours ago, fredwiggy said:

Daily, you see others going after people one against four or five, hitting, kicking, hitting with sticks, or one running after another with a machete, on TV.

I observed similar things too. Imagine tourists knew about this; there would be boycotts and cancellations...

On 7/3/2023 at 6:45 PM, eisfeld said:

Taxi/Van/TukTuk drivers are the most aggressive bunch of people that I got to see in Thailand.

I whitnessed a TukTuk driver trying to hit a motorcyclist with a wood plank spiked with nails on a red light. On another occasion a van driver first pushed me off the line I was in and then because I honked on the next red light came out of his vehicle and stormed towards me, luckily I was able to ride away quickly.

The problem is the punishments for wrongdoing are a joke. This case here is attempted murder. Throw him in jail. But what will happen is he'll be fined 1000 baht as mentioned in the article. Boohoo just means he'll need to scam a few more passangers.

.....attempted murder:cheesy:

• Sad 1

7 hours ago, Sticky Rice Balls said:

confirmed---went south in 2008...zero desire to return.......also ive found out that the tuk tuk drivers in CM carry machetes under their seats.........luckily I had my baton.......

In love and war always be prepared Gents! ????

a good old guitar neck is also helpful......:coffee1:

7 hours ago, Sticky Rice Balls said:

6 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

I would have defended myself and might have savagely attacked the driver. It is quite likely this numskull had no fighting skills, hence the need for the weapon, so this is fairly easy to defend against. It is very possible the driver would not have walked away from the encounter. 

The chances of you single handedly taking on at least 10 of the finest Mini bus /tuk tuk/ motorcycle /taxis drivers and walking away yourself are very slim.

Edited by kwak250
  • Thumbs Up 1