We need a serious conversation about Joe Biden’s brain !

Social Media

There actually is one good reason why Biden might fake running again. That's to delay being a lame duck. But if he's doing that which I doubt if he waits too long to drop out then he'd be hurting the democratic party primary process. So we'll know soon enough if he's bluffing.

• Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, placeholder said:

I found this in what you linked to:

"Women, senior and elders without education have a higher risk of cognitive impairment."

And cognitive decline is not the same thing as dementia.

"The brain's capacity for memory, reasoning and comprehension skills (cognitive function) can start to deteriorate from age 45, finds research published on bmj.com today. Previous research suggests that cognitive decline does not begin before the age of 60, but this view is not universally accepted."

https://www.bmj.com/press-releases/2012/01/05/cognitive-decline-can-begin-early-age-45-warn-experts#:~:text=The brain's capacity for memory,view is not universally accepted.

Good enough for me.  Nobody past the age of 65 at inauguration should be allowed to run for President.  No Donald Trump and certainly no Joe Biden.

Just now, Isaan sailor said:

Good enough for me.  Nobody past the age of 65 at inauguration should be allowed to run for President.  No Donald Trump and certainly no Joe Biden.

Ageist poppycock. Too bad there is no such rule and there never will be.

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, BangkokReady said:

Dementia wasn't mentioned in the post you asked for evidence to support.

Apart from being wrong, you haven't really explained what point you are attempting to make.

Sounds like???

1 hour ago, BangkokReady said:

The post said that Biden is in an age group who would experience a higher rate of cognitive decline.  You asked for evidence.  I provided the evidence.  You then said something incorrect about it.

The evidence supports the claim that Biden is in an age group that experiences a higher rate of cognitive decline.  Uneducated people being more likely to experience decline, doesn't change that fact.

You have either failed to understand the article or what is being discussed.  Whichever it is, you are wrong.

No. Rather it's you who take a limited view of what is important mentally for Biden to be an able President.

Biden has amply demonstrated his wisdom acquired from years of experience first in the Senate then as VP. He understand how to negotiate and how to deal with opponents. Despite having narrow majorities in the House and Senate during his first 2 years, he managed to get major bills passed.

"Our findings indicate that most of the variance in wisdom (>95%) is unaccounted for by Gf. The independence of wisdom from cognitive functions that reliably show age-associated declines suggests that it may hold unique potential to bolster decision-making, interpersonal functioning, and other everyday activities in older adults."

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC8578582/

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, placeholder said:

No. Rather it's you who take a limited view of what is important mentally for Biden to be an able President.

Biden has amply demonstrated his wisdom acquired from years of experience first in the Senate then as VP. He understand how to negotiate and how to deal with opponents. Despite having narrow majorities in the House and Senate during his first 2 years, he managed to get major bills passed.

"Our findings indicate that most of the variance in wisdom (>95%) is unaccounted for by Gf. The independence of wisdom from cognitive functions that reliably show age-associated declines suggests that it may hold unique potential to bolster decision-making, interpersonal functioning, and other everyday activities in older adults."

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC8578582/

No.  Another user said:

"People his age deteriorate very quickly. 

Imagine what he would be like in 4 years. 

I've said it for a long time, he is not for for the job, and frankly anyone who thinks he is is nuts."

To which you replied:

"They do? Really, can you back up that generality with some actual evidence. Or are you just another amateur gerontologist?"

The "They do?", along with your request for evidence, is clearly referring to the claim about people Biden's age deteriorating quickly.

I provided evidence.  And now we are here.  All this blah-blah is just deflection.

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

34 minutes ago, BangkokReady said:

No.  Another user said:

"People his age deteriorate very quickly. 

Imagine what he would be like in 4 years. 

I've said it for a long time, he is not for for the job, and frankly anyone who thinks he is is nuts."

To which you replied:

"They do? Really, can you back up that generality with some actual evidence. Or are you just another amateur gerontologist?"

The "They do?", along with your request for evidence, is clearly referring to the claim about people Biden's age deteriorating quickly.

I provided evidence.  And now we are here.  All this blah-blah is just deflection.

Your evidence was a generality and as I quoted from the evidence you provided, if you're male and have had higher education the decline is, on average, lower. And "deteriorate very quickly" is not even a scientific judgement. Quickly in relation to what?. Total cognitive ability? And, as the further evidence I provided shows, there are other factors that can compensate. Like wisdom acquired through experience. Remember that person claimed that the decline would be so severe as to disqualify him from holding office. As a generality, that's not true.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, placeholder said:

Your evidence was a generality and as I quoted from the evidence you provided, if you're male and have had higher education the decline is, on average, lower. And "deteriorate very quickly" is not even a scientific judgement. Quickly in relation to what?. Total cognitive ability? And, as the further evidence I provided shows, there are other factors that can compensate. Like wisdom acquired through experience. Remember that person claimed that the decline would be so severe as to disqualify him from holding office. As a generality, that's not true.

It was scientific evidence that supported the claim made by the previous poster.  Evidence that you asked for.

Why did you ask for evidence of something if you never intended to accept that evidence?

• Thumbs Up 1

9 minutes ago, BangkokReady said:

It was scientific evidence that supported the claim made by the previous poster.  Evidence that you asked for.

Why did you ask for evidence of something if you never intended to accept that evidence?

Because in the case of men with a higher education the evidence that there is a drastic decline in cognitive function is not at all apparent. At least not according the evidence you linked to.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, placeholder said:

Because in the case of men with a higher education the evidence that there is a drastic decline in cognitive function is not at all apparent. At least not according the evidence you linked to.

Can you quote the part of the article that you think supports this?

It certainly can't be this: "Women, senior and elders without education have a higher risk of cognitive impairment.", as that doesn't support your claim at all.

• Thumbs Up 1

8 hours ago, BangkokReady said:

Can you quote the part of the article that you think supports this?

It certainly can't be this: "Women, senior and elders without education have a higher risk of cognitive impairment.", as that doesn't support your claim at all.

This is like asking what does 2 plus 2 equal and don't tell me the answer is 4.

16 hours ago, Fat is a type of crazy said:

Seems like the ongoing obvious signs of aging are not going to result in Democrats as a whole acknowledging a younger candidate is appropriate so we all watch on and wonder if either he can pull it together for an election, or if there is a bigger stumble and he'll either accept or be forced to accept, that he has to pass the baton to someone else.

Definitely his election to lose but no other candidate has a true chance. Relax and await election day like Biden supporters will.

• Love It 1
  • Haha 1

17 hours ago, Tug said:

You can pontificate all you want bottom line is Joe Biden and his TEAM have passed meaningfull positive legislation for the benefit of America and the world have made progress on tackling inflation and stood for decency understanding compassion and inclusion that sir is not achieved in these fractured times by someone in the depths of dementia.yes he is old yes he gaffes (always has) get over it 

Then I guess that proves that people in Biden's age group are not at a higher risk of accelerated cognitive decline then.  ????  (It doesn't.)

On 7/4/2023 at 2:47 PM, Hanaguma said:

...and where is Biden today?  Camp David, on his 450th weekend away from work. Where he puts in solid 6 hour days, 1000am to 400pm. Running from the press ain't easy, you know!

It's the July fourth weekend.......

• Thumbs Up 1

16 minutes ago, JayBird said:

It's the July fourth weekend.......

Yes, and he could celebrate at home, as so many Americans do.  He is already on track to be the most vacation-y president in the past several decades. The least available to the press. The one with the shortest work days and least rigorous schedule. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, xylophone said:

Whatever the condition of Biden's brain, and folks of that age do suffer from forgetfulness, it would be in far better shape than trumps ever has been, or ever will be for that matter (if he ever had one).

I can only hope that the previous POTUS carries on with his diet, so that all of the discussions about who will be nominated or win the next election, will be pointless.

What a strange thing to think.

Apart from total whataboustism, it is not true.

• Thanks 1