Harrowing traffic accident in Kamphaeng Phet sees 4-vehicle collision (video)

webfact

image.jpeg

The roads of Kamphaeng Phet became a scene of chaos following a shocking accident that involved a red Isuzu pickup truck, another Isuzu D-Max pickup truck, and two motorbikes. The police and volunteers headed to the site, Ta Makuea, for immediate investigation and rescue.

Eyewitness reports detail a disastrous traffic incident across Lan 1084 Te Makuea – Kamphaeng Phet. A red Isuzu pickup truck, driven by a 64 year old individual named Sompong, lost control while trying to avoid responding to a motorbike cutting across the lane.

The sudden reaction triggered a multi-vehicle collision involving another Isuzu D-Max pickup truck driven by 40 year old Pichet, and a motorbike ridden by 79 year old Duang, scattering debris across the roadway.

Additionally, a Honda Sonic motorbike, driven by Sahas, a 34 year old local, was also caught in the calamity. He suffered injuries to his right elbow and knee. Two individuals were critically injured in the incident: Duang, whose leg was severely twisted, and Sompong’s wife, who sustained a serious head injury.

The timely intervention of the rescue services led to their immediate transportation to the nearby Khlong Khlung Hospital, reported KhaoSod.

by Nattapong Westwood

Picture courtesy of เหยี่ยวดำนิวส์ ข่าวจริงเพื่อสังคมไทย Facebook.

#news

Full story: https://thethaiger.com/news/national/harrowing-traffic-incident-in-kamphaeng-phet-sees-four-vehicle-collision-crucial-investigation-launched-2

Thaiger

-- © Copyright Thaiger 2023-07-04

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

• Sad 6

37 minutes ago, tgw said:

one day I was waiting at a T-intersection for a safe opportunity to turn onto the main road, when on my right a Thai guy with a sidecar stopped too and waited. he looked directly at an oncoming car (like 50-60 meters away) and then he took off, the collision was unavoidable. I couldn't believe my eyes.

I've finally concluded that there's either a genetic flaw in the spacial awareness make up ,or else the "thick gene ????”. The two are not mutually exclusive as two of the drivers here have demonstrated...

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, essex boys said:

Motor bikes just don’t bother looking, looks like the pick up driver never even braked and why swerve into oncoming traffic? Road awareness here is dismal, I like the people driving around the accident, nobody stops to try and help….

The smoking tyre of the locked right rear wheel of the red pickup indicates that it was braking hard immediately before a sharp right hand bend in the road, that is why the pickup headed  to the right.

One bike stops and one bike and one car passes the accident, no other vehicles go past the scene in the 23 seconds after the impact that you were able to view.  What makes you think that no one had stopped to help. out of the camera's range. in the less than 30 seconds after the collision?

Edited by Liverpool Lou
  • Like 1

Kudos to the driver of the silver Toyota CHR that drives through the accident scenes as nothing would have happened. In other civilized countries that would mean a hefty fine, if not suspended jail and for sure not having your drivers license for a long time. But here, business as usual....

Edit: Thairath TV even managed to get the dashcam footage of the silver Toyota CHR

https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=295661972939995&__ft__=AZWZA4ieXpIs2RTvpdg8NDvvFsM54lEYzpdIHQgP8gXIwZRy9O7co4MudB4_Ipf7pDROtnomQbTTlWWg3GIJNwANmH9JM16hmTArRgus_zd5sxbW-2zEDOY9NgSamPAaRxB09jVGuqxCP0tKCI8zzTEKhXBWJpGpS5SRTsgF72BA8sJcQ_7GbfnlFUHcG279PR50gnYrgBTdRzlQWiiz63sE_O_KoSMR3ZOGAWAZsw-UyUJn4XrWqxEajIlQaJp1fqw5UmtBOAdJnU5-CmlOlKK_62qTVgUJ9JVBtDGyi8iyCPb-1mcOtW-kJBjXO5IYqT8u9Iyv5FHzaX61Ch_JOGm9hE4_SqkHfn-qDq_IrPY36uJPcXrZxLDzTHa8fgclruY478Qvq_A7q1q9UQaKeKGqp1cXwFuOs5dTbS6GBiMhIlMA2wcqrkoULWjArntiH5KX-esjjhce93zCB6xDe6ULIf8IwJprl1b7hS9Dn6DyalScHjj1NRz5xQECg5DRcxTAyCkJttQVxo9zfgcCBHx7OQxVg8FJ9PhXKz7oZKVMRCkH1bcz74YflkROsSVxNP3JAW-xrxmRxQZcSywh2o3DyaNkVYoKtdRc93pjw5B4PZi-G3v6mWYulliAqT7Sf8klFEMBEbtb-4vfhPG09ieiMprN0sy9LVzXlXjEI75q6s8Tf2wRP-eaF9Fs3jaK6GWYgzSmueeUMaHQi_68BdFOxe5n_I-TafsCVZNrmU7cPE-xPJGTkOHyT9ZSVETstmHzfXEJgYVFTj607KDvV9TWZjm53fJebW4G6FKl_rVDWMw5l0nPpze_FuuuBUviU8TSL3nHJIrr7-dIMLHp5DrpLFLfcJW9CgR4Zz6EU9ISpndSNBIRxOqCWf6s9tW8EMHJ4KQZkJufgPY8KGb2Iqf_ZrX32-FT7QMTedNpogguw4uxARtNuCs1x-UCFmWqlrq7hUExfHmIhvmHw48v-MHrN-mZE6CiT-j6PFDeCxX2cpapHk1QrF4hZnwXbw0DF4k4fJDCXUcm6ld2LoK1TcYCgPEJB2jOAIcY7ddn_n5X0Q&ref=external

Edited by CLW
added link
  • Confused 2

21 minutes ago, CLW said:

Kudos to the driver of the silver Toyota CHR that drives through the accident scenes as nothing would have happened. In other civilized countries that would mean a hefty fine, if not suspended jail and for sure not having your drivers license for a long time

"In other civilized countries that would mean a hefty fine, if not suspended jail and for sure not having your drivers license for a long time"

Really?  Which countries would those be?

• Thumbs Up 2

Judging by the state of the pickup truck ????

Probably has stopping distance of 1 mile combined with driver having  reaction time similar to a sloth, so motorbike had no chance.

Motorbike rider daa mi Dee , bloody lucky he has not met the maker !

4 hours ago, Gottfrid said:

Totally avoidable accident! Just seems like no one is looking. The pick-up driver do not see the motorbike, and the motorbike rider does not see the cars coming. Also the pick-up driver makes a stressed panic maneuver. He should be more aware, as should the bike rider, and slow down and sliding over to the left.

Pick-up driver had clear view of the two lanes to his left side to see the motor bike crossing lanes. May be a question of the truck speeding and driver inattention.

The highway design itself seems potentially flawed as well as possibly too broad (six lanes?) For any cross- access, no easy access for anyone on the left street side to safely enter traffic going the opposite direction to the lanes on the right side of the highway and having to cross three lanes with traffic moving broadside on the left side of the highway.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Gottfrid said:

Totally avoidable accident! Just seems like no one is looking. The pick-up driver do not see the motorbike, and the motorbike rider does not see the cars coming. Also the pick-up driver makes a stressed panic maneuver. He should be more aware, as should the bike rider, and slow down and sliding over to the left.

Looks to me, no matter where the red pickup went, the motorbike rider was determined to go in front of it.

• Like 1

Who writes this rubbish? The red Isuzu didn’t lose control. He deliberately tried to avoid the motorbike. He was in control until the collision! There was only one bike involved. No other bike was caught up in the ‘clamaity’.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, essex boys said:

Motor bikes just don’t bother looking, looks like the pick up driver never even braked and why swerve into oncoming traffic?

It's weird.  I guess an instinct.  I'm not sure about the law, but when people swerve to avoid a recklessly driven motorcycle and hit an object or another car, it just seems like they're endangering themselves and others in order to protect the reckless motorcycle rider.  Slamming on the breaks seems like the best idea.

Edit: After watching the video a number of times, it appears that he brakes hard and one of the wheels locks up.  He skids into the oncoming traffic, rather than steering.

Edited by BangkokReady

Several months ago my sister-in-law experienced a very similar brain-dead motorcyclist event, when an elderly woman was crossing a busy road to the other side and thought it was okay just to look one way when doing so. It wasn't, and she died. CCTV showed my sister-in-law was not to blame. You just can't help these people.

• Like 1