Deceit: Spiritual medium scams four Thais out of 600,000 baht

webfact

No problem, I am sure there is more between heaven and earth, but in Thailand everybody seems to be gifted..I know that the supernatural never will give lucky numbers, and never tell about death....But in Thailand they believe everything.. dress up, act strange, and say you are a medium and people will give all you wish

• Haha 1

fools and their money - they handed it over willingly, unless there is a written agreement that states otherwise - they paid for a service that they believed in - not the first and certainly not the last 

3 hours ago, webfact said:

The culprit convinced her victims to perform an expensive ritual, warning that without it, their lives could be at risk. To add to the losses, the fraudster promised to provide cheap cars but never delivered.

Fools and their money.... 

5 hours ago, ikke1959 said:

But in Thailand they believe everything.. dress up, act strange, and say you are a medium and people will give all you wish

I wonder if that is one of the professions forbidden to foreigners. I didn't see it on the recent list. If not...... :smile: Could even stream the 'ceremony' on the internet for extra income.

• Haha 1

One time my wife took me to a Wat and the monk was telling our fortunes.  When it came to my turn he said something bad was going to happen to me next year and I would probably die.  So to prevent it we had to do this little ceremony where I laid down and he covered me with a cloth like I was dead and did some praying and then brought me back to life again.  That was supposed to change my future.  It made my wife happy.  And it must have worked because I am still alive a few years later!

• Haha 2

10 hours ago, ezzra said:

When it comes to the super natural beliefs, Voodoo and shamanism Thais are the one of the biggest suckers in the world, they will gladly fork out good money in blind trust, and the scammers are always there to take.

Amen.. I saw it daily there.  

14 hours ago, ikke1959 said:

No problem, I am sure there is more between heaven and earth, but in Thailand everybody seems to be gifted..I know that the supernatural never will give lucky numbers, and never tell about death....But in Thailand they believe everything.. dress up, act strange, and say you are a medium and people will give all you wish

"Everybody" is an exaggeration. " They" meaning those in Thailand, is an exaggeration. "Believe everything" is an exaggeration.