Starbucks Thailand Reveals Plan to Open 335 New Outlets by 2030

snoop1130

12 hours ago, ozimoron said:

I always use cash at Starbucks and the coffee is always at exactly the same temperature. Consistency in quality is one of Starbucks main selling points. You get what you pay for an any honest comparison puts SB coffee way above any of the other chain franchises.

Would you mind reading properly what people write before insinuating things I had never written?? I have never stated that Starbucks coffee were inferior to other chains' coffee.

Good that you use cash at Starbucks, but it is a known fact that more and more Starbucks in Thailand are turning cashless and that most of their shops are freezing cold.

6 hours ago, BTB1977 said:

Starbucks help me weed out the gold diggers from the more sensible thai ladies.  Have a friend who's girlfriend demands Starbucks every time she sees one. House is in her name, car motorcycle and some land. She's now pregnant and he is confused on how. As he had a vasectomy 10 years ago. 

Ain't nothing belongs to him!

15 hours ago, arithai12 said:

Red white and blue... mmm, Luxembourg? Netherlands? Russia? France? come on, be more specific.

btw, Euros are a currency I don't believe they think much.

Certainly understand khun not alone, many 1/2/wits on the forum incapable of reading comprehension and deciphering simple English ????????

On 7/8/2023 at 8:07 AM, xylophone said:

I am not a regular coffee drinker, in fact I might have one cup of coffee per month, if that, however Starbucks where I am was a regular meeting place to catch up with friends over a cup of tea and something to eat.

Then of course Covid came along and everything changed, and my usual Starbucks in Patong closed down, and only recently opened again, so I caught up with a couple of friends there and I've got to say that the service and the quality of the food has gone downhill quite markedly – – in fact the majority of the food consists of high sugar carbohydrate crap and not what I need to keep my waistline in trim!

As such they have lost a regular customer or three, and don't ask me to comment on the coffee because I rarely drink it and am no expert on the subject.

As an afterthought, the senior management need to train the staff, in as much as when a couple of my local Starbucks stores ran out of pepper before Covid, I asked when they would have it back in, and I got blank stares, and then three years later I go into one of the shops I had previously visited and they still didn't have any??

Something stinks in the management of those shops and it's not the food, well not all anyway!

I think your post smells bad too. Patong was open last spring 2022 ! Feb / March I was there often, meeting friends ! Why do you need pepper in Starbucks ? 
I thought we all had a choice where we eat/ drink / shop, I must be wrong .  You don’t agree ? Why knock it, like it or not, it’s very successful, yes , more expensive than Amazon or a road side coffee shop. I’d rather pay more for my comfort and I enjoy their coffee. Plus they contribute to the wages they pay, mostly to students and youths who need it. I doubt very much they pay less than an Amazon worker, and disrespect the labor laws. Get over it !!

I'm always amused by the Starbucks haters, particularly the ones who rave about 7-11 coffee. Yeah, let's sit on the steps outside with the soi dogs to drink it. 

Competition is good, more competition is better. 

I drink my coffee at home, but when I want something while driving, I generally hit a PunThai. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, geisha said:

Why do you need pepper in Starbucks ? 

Well, I'll give you a clue........they used to serve some pretty reasonable croque monsieur eats and also a cheese and ham croissant, both of which I liked to put pepper upon, as is my wont.

But as I said in my previous post, my last few visits I have found the food very poor, and dominated by the sweet, sticky, carbohydrate stuff........and for your information, I do not put pepper on those!!

I don't know what the hell you're raving on about in the rest of your post, as I never mentioned expense, or the students and youths who need their wages.

So I have nothing to "get over", just voicing my opinion as I believe that's what these threads are for. Get a life.

• Haha 1

cant believe they call that garbage coffee, tastes awful, same with amazon, people only buy either because they think it is a status symbol. There are plenty of good little coffeee shops that grind their own beans from non name brands that taste a lot better, even the beans we get from my wifes friwnd and grid ourselves tastes a hell of a lot better, starbucks coffee needs to replace the b with an f  to give the name real meaning.

Edited by seajae
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, seajae said:

cant believe they call that garbage coffee, tastes awful, same with amazon, people only buy either because they think it is a status symbol. There are plenty of good little coffeee shops that grind their own beans from non name brands that taste a lot better, even the beans we get from my wifes friwnd and grid ourselves tastes a hell of a lot better, starbucks coffee needs to replace the b with an f  to give the name real meaning.

Yes, Starbuck's is the absolute worst coffee in Thailand, and McDonald's is the absolute worst burger! 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, seajae said:

Objectively it really isn't bad.

I can make coffee better myself though as I choose the beans, strength, and brewing method. Of course grinding beans fresh is a must.

• 4 weeks later...

The coffee might be average, but as a brand I'm happy to see more Starbucks opening up.  Well managed, quiet, comfortable and their 'no hassle' policy after you've made a single purchase is a boon for students and teachers doing private lessons!