Thailand's Richest: Chearavanont​​​​​​​ family still holds the number 1 spot

webfact

14 minutes ago, ikke1959 said:

there is one more who is the richest, but it bothers me that these people probably are against a wage of 600 THB a day...Suppose they will earn 500 million less in a year, they will get bankrupted... Shameful with so many people in the country that hardly can make ends meet

600 baht would mean unemployment and moving to Cambodia, Myanmar, Laos.

If you want higher salaries than you must limit the worker from outside. Create a shortage of labor. That creates a pressure to higher salaries and higher productivity

• Confused 4
  • Sad 1

Honestly, how can anyone legally earn that much money? But maybe it's like the saying goes "if someone earns money without work then someone else is working for less than his worth". 

No wonder the "status quo" on all fronts are of survival importance to the oligarch elite, the dinosaurs and all the crooks in various coloured crisp uniforms. Not my circus, not my monkey but - as a Thai citizen - I would start wondering ........... 

• Confused 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ikke1959 said:

there is one more who is the richest, but it bothers me that these people probably are against a wage of 600 THB a day...Suppose they will earn 500 million less in a year, they will get bankrupted... Shameful with so many people in the country that hardly can make ends meet

Many jobs just exist because labor is cheap. If you force businesses to pay more the non essential jobs will be cut and many people without work.

Ever been to Homepro? There are probably 3 times as many employees as customers. Raise the minimum wage to 600 Baht and half of them will soon be without a job.

• Thumbs Up 2

6 hours ago, webfact said:

The Chearavanont family still holds the number one spot among Thailand's billionaires with assets worth 1.18 trillion baht, followed by the Chalerm Yoovidhya family with assets worth 1.16 trillion baht.

The protected ones.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

There are many rich people in Thailand.

Even when I drive through Pattaya, I see so many businesses that have a Lambo or Ferrari parked in front, obviously the owners' car.

That are cars that cost 20 million or more, about 3 times of what they cost in the West. Yet, since I was a businessman myself in my home country, I knew about many reputable businesses, yet only a few would own a car like that.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, BenStark said:

Not so difficult if you look at the prices charged in their businesses.

Especially Makro.

I notice recently that products with their home brand Aro and Savepak, are now more expensive than the same product from outside sellers, which have come down quite a bit in the past month.

Makro's home brand hasn't come down.

as another poster wrote, no donations go to charity; all go to change the laws which are meant to stop monopolies. Tesco take over means one less competitor. Try to buy Thai grown produce (carrots etc - only Chinese imports are sold. DTAC/TRUE  the same. In 10 years, the majority of motor cars will be Chinese made/assembled here {except for the Lambo's, etc ???? }. Whoever said Thailand has never been invaded (in this case by the Chinese) much have a real sense of humour.  

2 hours ago, ikke1959 said:

It always makes me laugh when people suggest a wage increase because business owners are so rich, especially a 100% increase.

Businesses have a business model they work to. If they are forced to increase wages, thus losing profit, they will raise prices to cover the extra payment. 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, youreavinalaff said:

It always makes me laugh when people suggest a wage increase because business owners are so rich, especially a 100% increase.

Businesses have a business model they work to. If they are forced to increase wages, thus losing profit, they will raise prices to cover the extra payment. 

It is shameful that the greed of people unlimited

• Confused 2
  • Love It 1

1 hour ago, FriendlyFarang said:

Many jobs just exist because labor is cheap. If you force businesses to pay more the non essential jobs will be cut and many people without work.

Ever been to Homepro? There are probably 3 times as many employees as customers. Raise the minimum wage to 600 Baht and half of them will soon be without a job.

Indeed and maybe they will work harder than playing on their phone , give wrong information or have no clue what they are selling or doing

• Like 1

3 hours ago, h90 said:

600 baht would mean unemployment and moving to Cambodia, Myanmar, Laos.

If you want higher salaries than you must limit the worker from outside. Create a shortage of labor. That creates a pressure to higher salaries and higher productivity

Exactly.... but most Thais don't like to work.. as I wrote before I am trying to find someone to help me with all kind of easy things in the garden or cleaning the roof, I am willing to pay 100 THB an hour and NOBODY is interested because it is a low wage... weeding in the garden or cutting a branch of a tree it is not difficult or hard work, even young ones can do it, but they want more money... and I am not the only one as many Thai friends have the same problem.. Yes I can maybe hire a Myanmar worker, they are wwilling to work..Thais are lazy and want to earn easy money. Look at Big C, Lotus's HomePro and name it too many people doing nothing and if there are a few fired the other ones complain they have to work, as they are not used to it.... only playing on their phones and talking.. salaries can go up for them who work, all others out better for the company and better to motivate people to work

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, ikke1959 said:

Exactly.... but most Thais don't like to work.. as I wrote before I am trying to find someone to help me with all kind of easy things in the garden or cleaning the roof, I am willing to pay 100 THB an hour and NOBODY is interested because it is a low wage... weeding in the garden or cutting a branch of a tree it is not difficult or hard work, even young ones can do it, but they want more money... and I am not the only one as many Thai friends have the same problem.. Yes I can maybe hire a Myanmar worker, they are wwilling to work..Thais are lazy and want to earn easy money. Look at Big C, Lotus's HomePro and name it too many people doing nothing and if there are a few fired the other ones complain they have to work, as they are not used to it.... only playing on their phones and talking.. salaries can go up for them who work, all others out better for the company and better to motivate people to work

No your impression is wrong...there are a lot of hard working Thais. Only Thailand has full employment, they have a job and the companies don't let them go if they work good. Our foreman started with 12000 Baht and get now 35000 Baht.

So you see only the lazy ones.

• Love It 2

3 hours ago, hotchilli said:

The protected ones.

Yes, of course.

Though, I find it much more interesting to note the obvious omitted/missing whenever such a distinguished list comes to our attention. The true [influential] top dog wealth and protected circle will always be conveniently left off of any comparatives of this nature. 

I wonder why? ????

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, youreavinalaff said:

Do it yourself then.

I do, but I have a big garden and my age is counting too.. when I am finished I should enjoy sitting in the garden, but than I am so very tired I have to go to sleep...and yes I am considering selling my house. but I live very comfortable and don't want to move

• Like 1