Mystery at bay: Foreign trio grilled by police in German businessman’s vanishing act

webfact

image.jpeg

Officers from Nong Prue Police Station questioned two foreign men and a woman in connection with the disappearance of German businessman Hans Peter Mack. The investigation was prompted by the discovery of a suspicious financial transaction.

The 62 year old real estate tycoon left his house in his bronze/grey Mercedes-Benz with a registration number ญศ 7146. He wore a black shirt, black shorts, and black shoes. The last sighting of Mack was on July 4 at 12.41pm as he was driving his vehicle near Chaiyapruk Soi 3 Road in the Bang Lamong district of Chon Buri province. The location of his mobile phone signal was last traced to Sa Kaeo province in Isaan.

The German businessman was reported missing after engaging in a discussion about a land transaction on Koh Samui, an island located in the southern province of Surat Thani. The value of the transaction was estimated to be 700 million baht.

image.jpeg

Hans Petter Ralter Mack | Photo via KomChadLuek

The family filed a complaint with Nong Prue Police Station on July 5 and offered a reward of 100,000 baht to anyone who could locate his car, and 3 million baht to those who could provide information leading to the discovery of Mack

Mack’s car was eventually found yesterday, July 9, in a condominium parking lot within the same area where he was last seen. The vehicle contained only a document in a green envelope and a pair of sandals.

by Petch Petpailin 

Two foreign men were under questioning | Photo via KomChadLuek

#news

Full story: https://thethaiger.com/news/national/mystery-at-bay-foreign-trio-grilled-by-police-in-german-businessmans-vanishing-act

Thaiger

-- © Copyright Thaiger 2023-07-10

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

47 minutes ago, kcpattaya said:

RTP is well on its way... Believe me.
Soon we hear more, for sure.
I hope Mr. Mack will be found unharmed.

Unharmed, only stuffed in a suitcase.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, gomangosteen said:

Thairath today states the investigation involving this man and a 15 year old girl was never concluded - so never any conviction.

Other reports state that the arrest was a result of his alleged involvement with a 17-year old.   At the location another man was arrested having been in the company of the 15-year old.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, rvdk said:

Yesterday I read that you can't be an agent or a broker as a foreigner. This German guy is a real estate agent, is that not illegal?

It is not illegal for a foreigner to own that type of business but the legality of it sort of pales into insignificance in the circumstance, don't you think?

Edited by Liverpool Lou
  • Like 2
  • Confused 2

I might be missing something, but how do the family etc know he’s been missing after 24 hours ? If he is, maybe he’s done a runner, I would dump the car too if it was a grey Mercedes. He might be over the border or in hiding.