Prayut resigning

anchadian

1 hour ago, anchadian said:

BREAKING: Caretaker PM Gen Prayut announces Tues he's ending his "political career" and resigning from the United Thai Nation Party. "Throughout the 9 yrs as PM I have done my best," said Prayut who first became PM after he staged the 2014 coup.

https://twitter.com/KhaosodEnglish/status/1678704484430790657

The last 9 years was the best he could do?

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Kwasaki said:

Have a good retirement. 

Who wanted red shirts and yellow shirts and blue shirt and multicoloured shirts at each other throats all the time.

And the "no shirts" don't forget them!

• Thumbs Up 1

"Throughout the 9 yrs as PM I have done my best," 

I don't think he said it like that. Otherwise he would admit that he was acting PM for more than 8 years. And that would be a deliberate violation of the Constitution.

• Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

8 minutes ago, tomacht8 said:

"Throughout the 9 yrs as PM I have done my best," 

I don't think he said it like that. Otherwise he would admit that he was acting PM for more than 8 years. And that would be a deliberate violation of the Constitution.

He was acting pm

• Thumbs Up 1

7 minutes ago, Crossy said:

And the "no shirts" don't forget them!

Yeah frankly I don't understand the fuss over him taking over at the time I thought it was the the right thing to do.

I don't really give a dam at my age but it seems to me there is so much divide in Thailand that so call democracy as such will never work.

24 minutes ago, KannikaP said:

whoever though my comment was sad, would you prefer Mary Hopkin...Goodbye, Beatles ...Hello Goodbye, Searchers....Goodbye My Love, and many many more

Just now, Willy Wombat said:

Go well sweet prince. 

IMG_4148.jpeg.d5cb8141d3b6ee56dfef3ca7d04bb07a.jpeg                                                                                           And check his bank account for ill gotten gains on his way out

What and you wouldn't line your pockets, I would.

8 minutes ago, champers said:

To be fair to him, he has not spoken publicly against MFP since the election and seems to accept that the people have spoken and spoken against him. He had a good run in the spotlight and latterly on the global stage.

I think diplomats; from countries of influence and with capital to invest; have spelled out that any rebuttal of the democratic process he put in place will turn him and others in the hierarchy into pariahs on the global arena.

Thursday wìll be very interesting. It will either be a big step forward or backward.

Fair call.

I am not a big follower of the politics here.  What I read is he did a poor job, and most people dislike him and want him out.  I guess he got rich over the past 9 years maybe he is a bad guy.

I am just making an observation, I have seen a lot of improvements over the past 10 years especially infrastructure.  Just about every major province has had ongoing infrastructure improvements.   And, small things like trash pick up have improved quite a bit. I have no idea what his involvement has been in any of this, but I have not seen the entire country going to H under his administration. It certainly is much better then a place like the Philippines which is such a decaying filthy hole.  I sure hope the new government has some great ideas to make things even better.

Edited by bkk6060
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, bkk6060 said:

I am not a big follower of the politics here.  What I read is he did a poor job, and most people dislike him and want him out.  I guess he got rich over the past 9 years maybe he is a bad guy.

I am just making an observation, I have seen a lot of improvements over the past 10 years especially infrastructure.  Just about every major province has had ongoing infrastructure improvements.   And, small things like trash pick up have improved quite a bit. I have no idea what his involvement has been in any of this, but I have not seen the entire country going to H under his administration. It certainly is much better then a place like the Philippines which is such a stagnant filthy hole.  I sure hope the new government has some great ideas to make things even better.

Thanks I noticed improvements over his years, I think some Thai people think money should just be given to them instead of being spend on roads.

That said 3 brother in-laws were getting 1000 a month for doing nowt they didn't while the red and yellow shirts were pouncing about.

Edited by Kwasaki