Live Update : Will it be Pita?

webfact

5 hours ago, stoner said:

ya no most of the world doesn't give a toss about this place. otherwise it would never of come to this. 

I think you better look again AlJazeera, BBC and CNN are reporting.  That sort of covers the whole world.

Do people in other countries care not in most cases but there is a strong democracy move on the left that wants to see a more free Thailand

6 minutes ago, GroveHillWanderer said:

No-one was voted in as PM today apparently. It's being reported on live news feeds that Pita fell about 50 votes short.

The voting is taking place now with about 280 more members not voting yet.

Edit:  Suspect that 50 vote shot is projections based on members not called yet stated positions.

Edited by lopburi3

5 minutes ago, lopburi3 said:

Make no difference - candidate still has to have about 376 yes votes to be PM regardless (there seems to be one member absent today so perhaps 375 would be accepted?).   Does not look like he will even come close today with all the non votes (about equal to no votes) - but I could be wrong.

You're are not wrong.

2 minutes ago, kingstonkid said:

I think you better look again AlJazeera, BBC and CNN are reporting.  That sort of covers the whole world.

Do people in other countries care not in most cases but there is a strong democracy move on the left that wants to see a more free Thailand

i meant the build up to this point. the west knew very well what was going on here and did nothing to stop it. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, lopburi3 said:

Make no difference - candidate still has to have about 376 yes votes to be PM regardless (there seems to be one member absent today so perhaps 375 would be accepted?).   Does not look like he will even come close today with all the non votes (about equal to no votes) - but I could be wrong.

Yes. I deleted my comment, but not before you spotted it.

6 hours ago, brianthainess said:

Right stop any freedom of speech completely. It does not make using it to lock up political opponents right.   

you can have freedom of speech....but you shouldn't be surprised that people don't want you anymore if you talk nonsense or damaging things.

9 minutes ago, kingstonkid said:

the left want free Thailand??? They maybe want something for free if you mean it that way...but not in the meaning of freedom

11 minutes ago, lopburi3 said:

The voting is taking place now with about 280 more members not voting yet.

Edit:  Suspect that 50 vote shot is projections based on members not called yet stated positions.

Yes, you're right - on further checking that is just a projection based on stated voting intentions.

After watching PMQs in London yesterday, and today's debate from Bangkok, I know in which chamber I would prefer to be sitting with each member having his own chair and space.

UK Parliament is a joke, with members sitting right behind the Deputy PM texting. On my phone there is a message to reply saying Sorry I am busy, call back later. Or turn the thing OFF when in The House for an hour.

It is 17.30 now. Are we there yet?

Edited by KannikaP
  • Like 1
  • Love It 1

27 minutes ago, GroveHillWanderer said:

No-one was voted in as PM today apparently. It's being reported on live news feeds that Pita fell about 50 votes short.

A sad day for Thailand. The people who voted for him would have a sit in , or strike, there would be uproar in any western country ,US,  South America. Let’s see what happens  !  A Crying shame .

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

13 minutes ago, brianthainess said:

You mean like Prayuth and his cohorts?

Prayuth talks non offensive nonsense.....if it goes against royals and there was more talks about their function in society than 112 than many Thais get some allergic reactions....

That talk was not necessary....it won't help the farmers in debt....you can start such discussions after 2 years in office if there is no bigger problem

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

10 minutes ago, Crossy said:

Headline tomorrow - "Prayuth steps in as interim PM as 'it's the right thing to do' after inconclusive PM vote".

I bet on PTP....but people speaking about Anutin...which sounds very absurd to me....

28 minutes ago, KannikaP said:

After watching PMQs in London yesterday, and today's debate from Bangkok, I know in which chamber I would prefer to be sitting with each member having his own chair and space.

UK Parliament is a joke, with members sitting right behind the Deputy PM texting. On my phone there is a message to reply saying Sorry I am busy, call back later. Or turn the thing OFF when in The House for an hour.

It is 17.30 now. Are we there yet?

Have you seen that speech....was shown everywhere worldwide...one MP and 2 others sitting rest of the room empty....in UK....don't know who was speaking but sure not something people older than 5 should do......

• Thumbs Up 1

14 minutes ago, hughrection said:

I could have sworn it was 325 the last time I walked by the TV, but now they have flipped the channel to Lakhon Soap Opera. 

That's about right.  Eh?

"When in doubt - distract the Ox and Buffalo with mindless TV."

Caveat:  I don't care who the PM is.  Will it effect me personally?  Only if the PM and his cabinet are racists who hate farang.  But after living here married to a Thai woman for 15 years.  <laughs>  Yiaat Piyu abound.  What's going to be different?  Not much.

Edited by connda