Slow pace of Biden’s reelection campaign feeds Democrats’ 2024 anxiety

Social Media

10 hours ago, ozimoron said:

Of course we never hear the right wing refer to dems as "totalitarian fascist communists" and the like.

i have read hundreds of comments on here AN referring to the right as fascist etc.  

• Like 1

A video from an unapproved source has been removed.

A questionable source exhibits one or more of the following: extreme bias, consistent promotion of propaganda/conspiracies, poor or no sourcing to credible information, a complete lack of transparency, and/or is fake news.

https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/newsmax-bias-credibilty-reliability/

• Thanks 1

On 7/14/2023 at 8:01 AM, Social Media said:

quiet whispers on the sidelines of events, texts, emails, furtive phone calls

Basically, no evidence just rumors. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, bamnutsak said:

Inflation down significantly.

US Inflation Rate is at 2.97%, compared to 4.05% last month and 9.06% last year. This is lower than the long term average of 3.28%.

https://ycharts.com/indicators/us_inflation_rate#:~:text=US Inflation Rate is at,in price over a year.

Gas prices down

US Retail Gas Price is at a current level of 3.663, up from 3.643 last week and down from 4.879 one year ago. 

https://ycharts.com/indicators/us_gas_price

Unemployment at 50 year low

Total nonfarm payroll employment increased by 209,000 in June, and the unemployment rate changed little at 3.6 percent, the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics reported today. Employment continued to trend up in government, health care, social assistance, and construction. 

https://www.bls.gov/news.release/pdf/empsit.pdf

Gettin' stuff done.

Can't see what the hurry is on the re-election campaign? I mean most of us complain about the lengthening election cycle.

CNN is just lamenting the lack of content so they gin up stories like these.

Infections from the Woke Mind Virus seem to be trending down. And even Biden Derangement Syndrome is affecting fewer people.

Quite. It's silly season in industry parlance. In the northern hemisphere anyway.

“They are so underestimated, and they keep getting it right,” said Jim Messina, former president Barack Obama’s 2012 reelection campaign manager, who has been one of the people privately advising Biden’s team to ramp up gradually!

Wow that news story just broke, bidens team to ramp up and this unscrupulous character contributes  big money! Imop

“Onetime guest on Jeffrey Epstein’s ‘pedophile island’ donates nearly $700K to Biden campaign fund”.

https://nypost.com/2023/07/16/epstein-linked-linkedin-co-founder-reid-hoffman-donates-to-biden/

Edited by riclag
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, riclag said:

“They are so underestimated, and they keep getting it right,” said Jim Messina, former president Barack Obama’s 2012 reelection campaign manager, who has been one of the people privately advising Biden’s team to ramp up gradually!

Wow that news story just broke, bidens team to ramp up and this unscrupulous character contributes  big money! Imop

“Onetime guest on Jeffrey Epstein’s ‘pedophile island’ donates nearly $700K to Biden campaign fund”.

https://nypost.com/2023/07/16/epstein-linked-linkedin-co-founder-reid-hoffman-donates-to-biden/

So what?

Edited by candide

36 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

The pace may be slow but the republicans are helping immeasurably.

I love how she inflects "urban" -- an obvious racist dog whistle. 

You seem to have a vile hatred and intolerance of Republicans. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

On 7/14/2023 at 6:05 PM, EVENKEEL said:

Get ready, they urge, in conversations that aides to several of the people involved have described to CNN: Despite what he has said, despite the campaign that has been announced, President Joe Biden won’t actually be running for reelection.

There you go folks, I'm thinking gavin newsom, perhaps.

I actually agree with CNN. One way, or another, I don't think Biden will run either and that the Democrats are not as anxious as the OP implies. 

1 hour ago, Yellowtail said:

Can you name a few of the MAGA politicians, and what about them you consider vile?  

I could name many and what I consider vile about them is their abject and obvious racism and fascist sympathies.

On 7/14/2023 at 8:00 PM, Tug said:

Well he’s been just a tad busy you know expanding NATO taming inflation achieving meaningful legislation for the country you know like he said just watch me well I for one have I’m impressed with what he has gotten accomplished so far it’s still early in the process and he’s been just a bit busy you might say

Busy down Mexico way at the border anyways.

• Love It 1

2 minutes ago, nauseus said:

I actually agree with CNN. One way, or another, I don't think Biden will run either and that the Democrats are not as anxious as the OP implies. 

It's true, Democrats are nowhere near as wedded to Biden as Republicans are to Trump. No president has ever been as anti-intellectual as Trump.

• Thumbs Up 1

The Democrats face a few problems;

a/ Joe and The Donald both run. Joe will have to actively campaign- no basement this time.

b/ Joe and Not Donald run. The above PLUS he will have to have a campaign based on more than "I'm not him".

c/ Not Joe and The Donald run. Might be their best hope... as long as it isn't Kamala. Gov. Newsome warming up in the bullpen.

d/ Not Joe and Not Donald.  I wish.... would be vastly superior to any of the above options.

They have to prepare for all of the above, which is a Herculean task.

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Hanaguma said:

The Democrats face a few problems;

a/ Joe and The Donald both run. Joe will have to actively campaign- no basement this time.

b/ Joe and Not Donald run. The above PLUS he will have to have a campaign based on more than "I'm not him".

c/ Not Joe and The Donald run. Might be their best hope... as long as it isn't Kamala. Gov. Newsome warming up in the bullpen.

d/ Not Joe and Not Donald.  I wish.... would be vastly superior to any of the above options.

They have to prepare for all of the above, which is a Herculean task.

For option A Uncle Joe mostly just needs to perform as the president.

You're forgetting that's very different than last time.

Most of his travel can be office related.

No need to Trump / Mussolini type rallies.

Biden is not a cult like Trump 

No need to copy that hot mess of ugly chaos.

13 minutes ago, nauseus said:

Yes, you're right. Kamala has it all covered.

I just checked - it looks like she does.

Unlawful entries along the southern border have decreased 70% from their record highs since the end of Title 42 on May 11, according the Department of Homeland Security.

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/unlawful-southern-border-entries-70-record-highs-end/story?id=99868336

3 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

I just checked - it looks like she does.

Unlawful entries along the southern border have decreased 70% from their record highs since the end of Title 42 on May 11, according the Department of Homeland Security.

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/unlawful-southern-border-entries-70-record-highs-end/story?id=99868336

Well then kamala for pres 2024, 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1