NGO says mercy killing of stray animals is strictly controlled by Thai government

snoop1130

1 minute ago, Geoffggi said:

Absolutely, I have outdoor furniture & motorbike seats that have been ripped up by feral cats and the smell of cat urine all over not a nice smell

My old one certainly did like to stand on the old motorcycle seats and do that claw padding thing, but I put those net covers on and it cured that. Not getting feral cats where  I live, probably the village dog packs take care of them....I still have no idea where my cat does it's business...and it can stay that way. .(your place perhaps).:laugh:

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, jacko45k said:

My old one certainly did like to stand on the old motorcycle seats and do that claw padding thing, but I put those net covers on and it cured that. Not getting feral cats where  I live, probably the village dog packs take care of them....I still have no idea where my cat does it's business...and it can stay that way. .(your place perhaps).:laugh:

Which reinforces what I was saying, owners possibly partly to blame

6 minutes ago, Geoffggi said:

Why not a shotgun ..........LOL

You know that would invite the wrath of local type neighbours!  My Mrs mother has about 10 of the damned things in the village,

1 minute ago, jacko45k said:

You know that would invite the wrath of local type neighbours!  My Mrs mother has about 10 of the damned things in the village,

Guns or pesky cats ...........LOL

• Love It 1

I don't wish any harm to animals in general other than the ones i eat lol but soi dogs are a massive problem and need to be dealt with properly and if that means getting rid of them permanently then so be it.

Thailand needs to get some balls imo

16 hours ago, JensenZ said:

These articles are quite absurd. Nothing is being done to reduce the "stray dog" population in Pattaya. It would help if they used the correct term to define what these animals are. Most of them didn't stray from anywhere. They were born and raised in parks and empty lots around the city, and correctly called "Soi dogs" or Street dogs".

I walk in Chaloem Phrakiat Park (Park on Phratumnak Hill) and sorrounding areas 3 - 4 times a week. On my one hour walks I have become very familiar with the around 100 dogs I observe on a 1-hour, 6km walk.

These dogs are fed at least twice daily by people who live and work in the park. In the late evenings around 9pm, these people ride arond the park on a motorcycle, dropping food for all their pets. It's not very nutritious food, and mainly just a blob of white rice. Occasionally they get bones. All of these dogs are malnurished and highly prone to infectious and degenerative diseases. I actually feel bad for the dogs, watching them eat their little pile of rice. Just allowing these animals to exist is animal abuse.

I took a few months off from my daily walks and just started up again this week. I was astouned at the huge increase of dogs since my previous walks. There were dozens of puppies to add to the population.

In my own soi, these dogs are fed daily by Thai people who come along and dump piles of white rice. Dinner time is about 5:30pm. These Thai people who feed them live quite a distance from them, so they ensure we have plenty of dogs to disturb us at night, while they sleep undisturbed at their own homes.

These Thai soi dog feeders are really just pretending to look after them, because if they really cared, they would feed them nutritious food. Of course they could not afford that....

These dogs should be removed and euthanized. Their life is cruel punishment. If the Thai people want any of them, then they should take them in and give them a good life in their own homes.

Please note I'm not a dog hater. I just don't like seeing them live (survive) like this. In my own Soi there is a real stray that has lived outside a condo building for as long as I've been in this street (6 years). I'm sure this dog spends all his waking hours scratching. I've never seen him awake and not scratching.

To be fair they do sometimes do something about large packs of strays. When the mrs was head of the village she had 14 rounded up and got rid of took a while to catch them. Quite pleased I asked her if they had been put down, no cannot they just take them and put them in another place a few miles up the road!

• Haha 2

19 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

A non-governmental organisation (NGO) has, however, explained that the use of this method is strictly limited, unless the animal has health issues or an easily transmitted disease.

That's great News ,Most Soi dogs come under that category.

Now they can go Clean up the country.     :smile:

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1