Australians divided over ‘Voice to Parliament’ for Indigenous people

Social Media

1 hour ago, Olmate said:

Blame Britain, not us mob! 

It may have been British thieves that were deported to Australia hundreds of years ago , But they stole Aborigines land , land that the Aborigines have lived on for thousands of years . The British have no right to remain on Aborigines land and they need to go back to the United Kingdom and give the land back to its historical owners .

Aborigines live in poverty in Apartheid Australian , no water to drink and they are forced to drink Fosters , that is inhumane .

The British took many Aborigines babies from their Mothers and sent them to camps , this genocide needs to stop 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Nick Carter icp said:

It may have been British thieves that were deported to Australia hundreds of years ago , But they stole Aborigines land , land that the Aborigines have lived on for thousands of years . The British have no right to remain on Aborigines land and they need to go back to the United Kingdom and give the land back to its historical owners .

Aborigines live in poverty in Apartheid Australian , no water to drink and they are forced to drink Fosters , that is inhumane .

The British took many Aborigines babies from their Mothers and sent them to camps , this genocide needs to stop 

Thieves did,nt do the invading, the Brit colonizers did, Thieves broke rock, RedCoats had the muskets, the heroic explorers were fwdscouts for the execution parties and the elite  graziers like Sir Kidman and Co.etc etc.And if you want to jest about stealing kids from parents and makingthem child slaves for the elite, do continue with your BS! 

9 minutes ago, Olmate said:

Thieves did,nt do the invading, the Brit colonizers did, Thieves broke rock, RedCoats had the muskets, the heroic explorers were fwdscouts for the execution parties and the elite  graziers like Sir Kidman and Co.etc etc.And if you want to jest about stealing kids from parents and makingthem child slaves for the elite, do continue with your BS! 

I am not joking about Aboriginal Children being forcibly taken from their parents , estimates range from 30 % to 70 % of Aboriginal Children were taken from their Parents and put in White care homes where all their Aboriginal customs were removed and they were forced to adopt White language and culture , this went on from the 1800's until the 1970's . 

The reason was an attempt to wipe out Aboriginal culture and for Australia to be a White Country , it was a genocide attempt 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stolen_Generations

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

It was great to see this woke nonsense roundly rejected.

There is hope for Australia yet. Don't follow the British on this one, it is the thin end of the wedge. It will never be enough, so don't entertain playing the game.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

It was great to see this woke nonsense roundly rejected.

There is hope for Australia yet. Don't follow the British on this one, it is the thin end of the wedge. It will never be enough, so don't entertain playing the game.

Are you a White supremacist ?

• Confused 1
  • Agree 1

34 minutes ago, Nick Carter icp said:

I am not joking about Aboriginal Children being forcibly taken from their parents , estimates range from 30 % to 70 % of Aboriginal Children were taken from their Parents and put in White care homes where all their Aboriginal customs were removed and they were forced to adopt White language and culture , this went on from the 1800's until the 1970's . 

The reason was an attempt to wipe out Aboriginal culture and for Australia to be a White Country , it was a genocide attempt 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stolen_Generations

Aplogies then, I misread your post! 

4 minutes ago, Nick Carter icp said:

Are you a White supremacist ?

Dont sweat johnyf for fuuukface, he is just on a quik troll around flaming in ignorance, badmanners and pi$$ n wind! ..... hey johno? 

10 hours ago, Nick Carter icp said:

Very little interest here .

Same as the Uigar's in China , Marsh Arabs  , Shan in Myanmar , Rohingya , genocide of Aborigines 

Can the IDF please drop a bomb on these guys , just to get some international interest 

All too hard to admit, sadly  my generation love bashingblackfellas,same I think for others you mention. I was present at some of the original deaths in custody hearings 30+yrs ago,in Aust still a huge issue.! 

22 hours ago, Olmate said:

Dont sweat johnyf for fuuukface, he is just on a quik troll around flaming in ignorance, badmanners and pi$$ n wind! ..... hey johno? 

It's best to use a spell checker when drunk.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

It's best to use a spell checker when drunk.

Not into strine then? Either way content is on point! Now off you trot to your next  trollable topic! 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Olmate said:

Not into strine then? Either way content is on point! Now off you trot to your next  trollable topic! 

My bad. 

You can't formulate coherent sentences when sober either. :laugh:

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

28 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

My bad. 

You can't formulate coherent sentences when sober either. :laugh:

Played with you before, I am bored now! So long johnboy.

Edited by Olmate
  • Confused 1

On 7/20/2023 at 12:05 AM, Olmate said:

Aust was invaded in 1788,almost 200yrs later descendants of those that survived were given voting rights. Sounds fair enough? 

LOL. Given that most of the "invaders" had no right to vote in Britain, your post is somewhat irrelevant.

Universal voting for British men only happened in 1918. Women later

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Universal_suffrage

All adult men in the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Ireland were enfranchised by the Representation of the People Act 1918.

In Australia men got the vote in 1901.

No cigar then.

On 3/23/2024 at 1:47 PM, Nick Carter icp said:

:cheesy:

They may have arrived somewhat earlier than the British, but they didn't originate in Australia. They originated in Africa, like every human on the planet and apparently crossed to what became Australia when there was a land bridge, but couldn't leave once the land bridge vanished.

So when you wobble on about people going back to where they came from, it applies to you too.

If we all went back to where we came from, that place in Africa would be a spot crowded, wouldn't it?

• Sad 1

18 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

LOL. Given that most of the "invaders" had no right to vote in Britain, your post is somewhat irrelevant.

Universal voting for British men only happened in 1918. Women later

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Universal_suffrage

All adult men in the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Ireland were enfranchised by the Representation of the People Act 1918.

In Australia men got the vote in 1901.

No cigar then.

What on earth are you on about,I was commenting on the right to vote for indigenous folk. Stick to kiwi history.

• Haha 1

On 7/19/2023 at 4:13 PM, Hanaguma said:

That's history. Happened to everyone, and happened by everyone.  Conquest is simple human reality.  

North America was the same. There is this strange fantasy among people that the native population was all living in harmony, singing and dancing together in peace and joy. Then, the evil white men came along and slaughtered them. It's nonsense. There was inter-tribal warfare for centuries before Columbus arrived. Slaughter, slavery, conquest, eviction, the whole nine yards. Oz was the same but on a smaller scale due to geography and population density.

That was then, this is now. 

When the question was asked "What is the best measure of a man" 

The answer was " By the way he treats those weaker than him"  

But I agree , about the mythology  of the American Indian , portrayed  as the philosophical   noble savage . Realities were much different. 

Edited by sirineou
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

They may have arrived somewhat earlier than the British, but they didn't originate in Australia. They originated in Africa, like every human on the planet and apparently crossed to what became Australia when there was a land bridge, but couldn't leave once the land bridge vanished.

So when you wobble on about people going back to where they came from, it applies to you too.

If we all went back to where we came from, that place in Africa would be a spot crowded, wouldn't it?

Great justification for the killing spree.. This mob been here 30000 yrs, we need this terra nulius now! Hardly an original comment either, infact pathetic by a ? "NewZealander"

• Confused 1

31 minutes ago, Olmate said:

What on earth are you on about,I was commenting on the right to vote for indigenous folk. Stick to kiwi history.

Thanks for your excellent reply. I'll give you a reward for that. A concert just for you.

:violin:

Edited by thaibeachlovers
  • Sad 1

56 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

You do understand that most British migrated from Africa or Siberia as well?

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Thanks for your excellent reply. I'll give you a reward for that. A concert just for you.

:violin:

Runalong, no point talking $hit to you.

2 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I was making a point , making comparison  to the Israel situation .

The hypocrisy  of Americans , Australians and New Zealanders criticising  Israelis for living on other peoples land, when its themselves living on other peoples land and not the Israelis 

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, James105 said:

Are you equally racist to non-white people living in the UK based on their ancestors migrating there and have now made it their home?  Do you tell them to "go back home" as well?  

Sometime I do, when I get annoyed about something like when the bus is late or something 

• Haha 1

On 7/19/2023 at 2:53 PM, Chomper Higgot said:

Invading a place, claiming it and disposing the indigenous population.

Are you describing the British Empire?  Where the sun never sets.

Pot, Kettle, Black