Pita ordered to suspend doing his duties as an MP

webfact

2 minutes ago, Callmeishmael said:

This is the opportunity that PT has been waiting for.   After shedding a few crocodile tears they will form a new coalition.   I bet it will be PT + BJT + PPP and maybe Prayuth's party, though just those first 3 will give them a slim majority in Parliament.

I certainly hope not.

• Thumbs Up 2

5 minutes ago, BarraMarra said:

Any protests will be put down quickly there was never going to be a fair Election and anyone who thought there would only have to look at what happened to Thaksin and anyone wanting Democracy. Your threatened your family is threatened and you have to leave the Country. Funny that the day before a vote one of the main pretenders is silenced.

I somehow think depending on who is involved the protests will go on as long as the wrong party is in power.  I am stillnot convinced that the Senate will support an MFP PT coalition therefore they may not support a PT PM candidate.  

Remember in this country the military is all about the military and have never let the PT have a full term as ruling party.

• Thumbs Up 2

13 minutes ago, Tom H said:

That was clear for the strategists since months.

You are 100% right.

So they need their arch enemies to join too to have a majority in Parliament - The Democrats, Pravit's party, Prayuth's party.

Yes, Pheu Thai, join with those military backed parties you swore you would never join.

If you  had an ounce of democratic backbone you would follow MF into the Opposition and let the military backed minority government fail at the first hurdle..But you can't, your owner wants to come back to Thailand so you'll work with the junta parties. What a weasley and sorry bunch PT are.

Pass the sick bag, Alice 

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, MrMojoRisin said:

The best outcome for Future Forward (and Thailand) is for them to move to the opposition benches and let Pheu Thai reveal their true colours by joining with junta lackeys such as Anutin and the Democrats.

FF will utterly destroy all these clowns in the next election and will be able to reform Thailand unhindered.

Rome wasn’t built in a day. 

It's clear that FF already utterly destroyed them in this election. Almost the whole map was orange. So, good luck to them explaining how Thailand is democratic. 

7 minutes ago, Jimjim1 said:

He has clearly stated that he did not and does not own the shares, they were part of his fathers estate of which he was the executor and those shares have been passed on to other family members.

However I wonder if the  stirrers are trying to say that if one becomes the executor of an estate one also automatically becomes the recipient / owner of said estate irrespective of whether or not one has been left an inheritance within it in order to undermine the wishes of the people.

Surely this can not be correct even in Thailand

I've googled the same question. Can an executor be a beneficiary? Yes, it's perfectly legal. But, the question of ownership is surely moot, as they are technically "owned" by his late father's estate, until released from probate, and transferred to Pita's ownership. They would have to be reregistered in his name with his signature on them. At that point, if he did sign for them, he became the owner. But somewhere along the line, they were transferred to other family members. Or so I believe.

What really annoys me is the apparent complete absence of a legal team. I mean HELLO??? Here you are, repeating the same mistake your predecessor made, and you can't see it? At that point I really begin to wonder about his political savvy. And of all those around him. And Thanathorn who could have easily tipped him off. Like a lamb to the slaughter.

27 minutes ago, Callmeishmael said:

This is the opportunity that PT has been waiting for.   After shedding a few crocodile tears they will form a new coalition.   I bet it will be PT + BJT + PPP and maybe Prayuth's party, though just those first 3 will give them a slim majority in Parliament.

I know you knew that since months. 

That is the smartest comment here!

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, JayBird said:

I missed the explanation of why he did not get rid of those shares before running.

Could someone clue me in there

It was explained that due to the company being inactive, the shares cannot be traded on BSE and the company register cannot be altered to reflect any transfer of ownership. The other MP possessor of iTV shares is said to have created a document giving his shares to a relative, and Pita may have done something similar. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

14 minutes ago, Joe32 said:

It's clear that FF already utterly destroyed them in this election. Almost the whole map was orange. So, good luck to them explaining how Thailand is democratic. 

It's been renamed Move Forward Party. Future Forward no longer exists.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, BarraMarra said:

Daughter or sister come on Couchpotato the Thaksin family were forced out of Thailand before they could run again in the future. Cut the Cancer out before it spreads.

And now the cancer may be coming back, holding hands with the watch collector  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, greg71 said:

itv has been insolvent for many many yrs , these shares cannot be sold or traded , thus why he could not move them 

He could book out from his portfolio without selling, I think. But I dont know Thai law.

• Confused 1