Pita ordered to suspend doing his duties as an MP

webfact

8 minutes ago, placnx said:

It was explained that due to the company being inactive, the shares cannot be traded on BSE and the company register cannot be altered to reflect any transfer of ownership. The other MP possessor of iTV shares is said to have created a document giving his shares to a relative, and Pita may have done something similar. 

The bit about the company register...that is crucial.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JayBird said:

I missed the explanation of why he did not get rid of those shares before running.

Could someone clue me in there

The shares were owned by his father and pita inherited them when his father died.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Homburg said:

I see trouble ahead.  It may be wise for those that can to leave The Kingdom until matters are resolved.

I will get a lot of popcorn and watch it from my confortable coach...????

Edited by Joseph98765

39 minutes ago, Jimjim1 said:

He has clearly stated that he did not and does not own the shares, they were part of his fathers estate of which he was the executor and those shares have been passed on to other family members.

However I wonder if the  stirrers are trying to say that if one becomes the executor of an estate one also automatically becomes the recipient / owner of said estate irrespective of whether or not one has been left an inheritance within it in order to undermine the wishes of the people.

Surely this can not be correct even in Thailand

You can be both an executor and an inheritor under a Will's terms, or an executor who does not inherit anything in the Will.   In many Wills, a spouse is named as Executor and is also an inheritor in the Will.   Depending on the Will's terms, an Executor can be unpaid, or paid a fee for work performed in executor duties. 

1 hour ago, JayBird said:

I missed the explanation of why he did not get rid of those shares before running.

Always having a card to play in order not to be elected, having to follow the program that had been imposed on her by other people behind the curtain.

2 hours ago, JayBird said:

Always having a card to play in order not to be elected, having to follow the program that had been imposed on him by other people behind the curtain.

Edited by BE88

1 hour ago, keithkarmann said:

Are you sure about your middle paragraph? Thailand and Democracy do not belong in the same sentence.

Impossible to be sure about what will occur in the future, the trend certainly indicates that is what will happen.

Thailand and democracy have HISTORICALLY not belonged in the same sentence - things change.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, malthebluff said:

I am sure the governments of the world are watching  this authoritarian government very closely the usa  are already concerned about corruption here and this again puts Thailand in the spot light.

They could care less…

5 minutes ago, malthebluff said:

I am sure the governments of the world are watching  this authoritarian government very closely the usa  are already concerned about corruption here and this again puts Thailand in the spot light.

Of course they'll tut tut, but they mainly care about stability. Some degree of authoritarianism is necessary for that. They don't worry about Thailand. There is no rampant political oppression or torture here. Everyone can get along nicely by not rocking the boat.  

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, proton said:

Absolute disgrace, shameful Thailand spitting in the face of the voters.

The voters did not vote Pita into office as a PM, no more than UK voters voted Rishi Sunak in as PM - just as an international comparison. 

Move Forward did get a large number of votes, but nowhere near the amount to make a Parliamentary majority. They have to form a coalition government by joining parties. And it's a parliamentary majority that puts up a candidate for PM under the current Constitutional rules.
As well, there was a clear law on the books about holding media shares prior to the election.  Pita could have divested those shares before running - but he chose not to.

"We don't like the rules so we'll riot if Pita isn't made PM."
Check out how well that worked in the US on Jan 6th 2021.  Riot and the same will happen in Thailand.

This is what happens when you chose not to play by the rules.  Don't like the rules?  Gain power and change them. 

Edited by connda
  • Sad 6
  • Thanks 1