How to get your Mojo back if you lost it

bignok

"When I got home, I wrote a list of 30 activities that I loved doing and brought me joy. Every day for the next 30 days, I worked my way through my list and guess what came back into my life? The feelings of joy and happiness. Over the month, I learnt how to appreciate the gift of joy and happiness in the present moment. The more aware I became of the joyful, fun and happy moments, the more joy and happiness came into my life. That was when I felt my mojo was back!"

https://www.lifehack.org/481080/5-actions-to-get-your-mojo-back

• Thumbs Up 1

If you are feeling Mojo-less, here is what to do:

Listen to this entire book (Ep.1 through Ep.3) in passa Thai, over and over again....until....your listening-comprehension improves to the point where you understand every word.

This has worked for me.

I downloaded the three episodes (maybe about SIX HOURS of total listening pleasure) to my NOTE4, and then played this over and over again, while walking in the hills of Chiang Mai. (I still continue to listen to all episodes when I feel in the least bit lonely.)  ((I also uploaded the entire audio files to my Google DRIVE, just in case this wonderful resource gets deleted from UTUBE. I suggest that you do the same.))

There is nothing better, really, to double your Mojo.

By the way:  This is an EXCELLENT translation of the Covey book, and it's free, as you can see, on UTUBE.

Have Fun!

Improve your mind!

Become more effective and more resilient in your life.

16 minutes ago, GammaGlobulin said:

If you are feeling Mojo-less, here is what to do:

Listen to this entire book (Ep.1 through Ep.3) in passa Thai, over and over again....until....your listening-comprehension improves to the point where you understand every word.

This has worked for me.

I downloaded the three episodes (maybe about SIX HOURS of total listening pleasure) to my NOTE4, and then played this over and over again, while walking in the hills of Chiang Mai. (I still continue to listen to all episodes when I feel in the least bit lonely.)  ((I also uploaded the entire audio files to my Google DRIVE, just in case this wonderful resource gets deleted from UTUBE. I suggest that you do the same.))

There is nothing better, really, to double your Mojo.

By the way:  This is an EXCELLENT translation of the Covey book, and it's free, as you can see, on UTUBE.

Have Fun!

Improve your mind!

Become more effective and more resilient in your life.

You understand it?

4 minutes ago, bignok said:

You understand it?

After awhile....yes.

However, it's best to learn the vocabulary first.

You know, words like "personality", "behavioral problem", "paradigm shift", etc.

PARADIGM SHIFT! (ปรับเปลี่ยนกระบวนทัศน์)...make sure you memorize this term in Thai before listening.

Covey loves to talk about things like paradigm shift, etc., etc., etc.

Great book.

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Neeranam said:

Sounds a bit too formal to me. 

Try to keep in mind that THIS Topic seems to be about getting MOJO back.

Therefore, according to Covey, the ONLY way is through causing a major PARADIGM SHIFT in one's life.

For me, the best paradigm shift in my life happened when I went from being completely lazy and lying in bed everyday with my girlfriend to...

Kicking her out and directing 100-percent of my energies towards the learning of passa Thai.

This is NOT  a JOKE, Mandrake!

Anytime anyone engages in sustained hard work, MOJO returns almost immediately.

Learning passa Thai, beginning at age 61, was not easy.

It's hard to read Thai script.

Also, passa Thai has nothing in common with either English or with Chinese.

Therefore, I felt like I was up the proverbial creek without my paddle, at first.

But then, I buckled down and bit the bullet, and began walking tall.

Hard work and abstinence is key to one's rejuvenation, Mandrake.

Women, on the other hand, Mandrake, can suck out your precious bodily fluids.

Please remember that.

Protect and conserve your bodily essence.

Edited by GammaGlobulin
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, GammaGlobulin said:

Try to keep in mind that THIS Topic seems to be about getting MOJO back.

Therefore, according to Covey, the ONLY way is through causing a major PARADIGM SHIFT in one's life.

For me, the best paradigm shift in my life happened when I went from being completely lazy and lying in bed everyday with my girlfriend to...

Kicking her out and directing 100-percent of my energies towards the learning of passa Thai.

This is NOT  a JOKE, Mandrake!

Anytime anyone engages in sustained hard work, MOJO returns almost immediately.

Learning passa Thai, beginning at age 61, was not easy.

It's hard to read Thai script.

Also, passa Thai has nothing in common with either English or with Chinese.

Therefore, I felt like I was up the proverbial creek without my paddle, at first.

But then, I buckled down and bit the bullet, and began walking tall.

Hard work and abstinence is key to one's rejuvenation, Mandrake.

Women, on the other hand, Mandrake, can suck out your precious bodily fluids.

Please remember that.

Protect and conserve your bodily essence.

I speak Thai, my point was that that word was a bit formal. 

I'm thinking of learning Chinese. 

It requires alot of effort, but is worth it. It is all about positivity and perspective. Our mind can be our greatest enemy, or our best friend. Better to make friends with your mind, if you can. It can be a real ally. LOL.

Some have said the mind is like a restless drunken monkey, that has been bit by a scorpion. It races all over the place, creates all sorts of problems, and becomes very mischievious, if you let it. Inner discipline is difficult, but worth trying to develop.

The first thing I would ask anyone suffering from a loss of passion for life, is how much time per day do you spend on social media, or listening to the news? Both are ways to strip the mind of joy. Both can be very caustic and toxic. Disengage from negative information. Although social media platforms provide plenty of benefits, like making meaningful connections and receiving social support, they can also affect your psychological health. Distressing news and social comparison all affect your capability to think positively, as well as your self-esteem. Taking a break from social media will help you focus on the present and disconnect from negativity. Some more ideas:

Listing down what you are grateful for may help you appreciate the positive aspects of life, instead of dwelling on problems. Gratitude provides emotional and interpersonal benefits and is associated with better physical and mental health, increased happiness, and an overall sense of well being. Keeping a gratitude journal can help you think more positively in life because you realize how well things are going.

Practice mindfulness. To avoid getting distracted by negative thoughts, consciously engage in the present and be more mindful. Take the time to acknowledge the good things. Being mindful of your thoughts and feelings helps you understand yourself better and understand where your negativity may be coming from. The increased sensitivity to how you respond to situations helps you shift to a positive and more productive mindset. I find this practice very helpful, when it comes to gaining lost perspective. Gratitude is huge!

Recognize when you entertain negative thoughts. To think more positively, you have to acknowledge and address the areas where you tend to be pessimistic. It can be about your career, social relationships, or even yourself. Focus on one aspect to tackle and consciously approach it in a more optimistic manner. Be introspective and identify why you tend to be pessimistic about that part of your life. Taking action to make positive changes will help you become a more positive person.

Be in the company of positive-thinking people. The people you often spend time with greatly influence you, which means that their mindset can rub off on you. Negative thinkers may discourage you from believing that situations can get better, but positive thinkers will inspire you to keep hoping for good outcomes, especially when you're having difficulty to look at the bright side. Surrounding yourself with optimistic people will help you have a positive mindset. This is a big one. If you are hanging out with negative, critical people, it can be very taxing. Often, when faced with this, I just try to steer the conversation towards something more pleasant.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

47 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

OK.

Let me think a bit.

I will upload some books for you...

If I have time....

1 hour ago, Neeranam said:

OK...Man!

Here is what I promised you.

You will truly ENJOY these great resources...but I have PLENTY more, even all the BOYA resources.

Truly wish you good luck (ChokDi) with your Chinese language learning.

I love the Chinese language, both the logograms, and the fact that I can read oracle bones when I visit a museum.

Someday, soon, maybe I will upload some BOYA stuff for you....

I love languages, and who does not....

CHINESE characters MOJO BK_ONE.pdf CHINESE pinyinANDcharacter MOJO BK_TWO.pdf CHINESE characterworkbook MOJO BK_THREE.pdf