Increase of entrance fees for foreigners visiting Thailand's 72 historical sites and museums

anchadian

Not a big deal really

The locals should get it cheaper, happens in Las Vegas too.

Our local Zoo has differential pricing as locals subsidise the zoo in their rates.

The biggest change is for New Zealanders living outside of Auckland who will now pay the same price as international visitors with ticket prices jumping from the current $24 to $35/adult and $20/child 

Aucklanders who purchase tickets on the day of their visit will now pay $29/adult and $16.50/child 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2

9 minutes ago, grs90 said:

But do they charge someone living locally extra just because they are foreign, even if they have lived locally for years?

Not at this stage

but NZ govt is trying to bring in Co Government which will effectively means one race will be getting advantages and prices over all others. 

• Thumbs Up 1

17 minutes ago, Joe Farang said:

The price hasn't gone up in 15 years. Nobody can complain about the increase in this case.

15 years .... they don't get out much ????

Maybe referring to just the Thai price ????

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gottfrid said:

Just a little info: If you are living in Thailand and have a pink ID or a Driving License, most places give you same price like Thais.

Not my experience ... YMMV

You forgot to add 'yellow book' ... still, no Thai price for me.  Not saying it's never happened, but rare.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, anchadian said:

The caretaker Cabinet on Tues approves an increase of entrance fees for foreigners visiting Thailand's 72 historical sites and museums to up to 50 baht per person. The rationale was the fees have not been raised for 15 years. Fees for Thai national will remain the same

https://twitter.com/KhaosodEnglish/status/1684041443323809793

Wow 50 baht. Need a bank loan for that one.

Np fees are 200 to 400 baht.

• Confused 2
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Gottfrid said:

Just a little info: If you are living in Thailand and have a pink ID or a Driving License, most places give you same price like Thais.

No they don't.  Speaking from experience as opposed to what I've heard on AN.

6 minutes ago, grs90 said:

Anyone should feel free to express an opinion as to what is right or wrong, especially on a forum such as this.  

I'll agree with posting/complaining on this forum but what is the expected outcome? Will griping here change any policies?

If I don't like the pricing of any establishment, it's very simple, I don't enter.  No need for me to become bitter, complain, jaded, life is too short to worry about things I can not change.

• Like 1

I've been charged extra based on gender. Night club entrence for example.

I've been charged extra based on age. Pensioners and kids being subsidized.

I pay in tax for people who refuse to work.

Life isn't fair. But who wastes emotion on this stuff? 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, sidjameson said:

I've been charged extra based on gender. Night club entrence for example.

I've been charged extra based on age. Pensioners and kids being subsidized.

I pay in tax for people who refuse to work.

Life isn't fair. But who wastes emotion on this stuff? 

True life isnt fair. Loads of freeloaders out there.

30 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

Just say NO! We must absolutely refuse to pay these jacked up fees. If no foreigners went to these parks, maybe the goons would rethink their idiotic and racist policies.

Thats right Mike. Why dont you really make them pay and leave altogether.

That would be shattered without you mate.

Has it occurred to you that it might be their plan to keep out the riff raff complainers out?

• Confused 1
  • Sad 4
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, phetphet said:

But what is the rationale in not increasing the fee for Thais if Thai price hasn't increased for 15 years either?

Keeps inflation down. 

Smart people these Thais.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 4

5 hours ago, connda said:

Show me one Western country where the foreign spouse of a citizen is charged extra based on their ethnicity and nationality,

Australia. 

If you want to take your little Thai teeruk there you are looking at thousands of dollars more than 100,000 baht.

If you want to take your larger English darling there it is free.

• Confused 3
  • Sad 4
  • Thumbs Up 2

51 minutes ago, bbko said:

I'll agree with posting/complaining on this forum but what is the expected outcome? Will griping here change any policies?

No.  But for any expat planning to move here or retire here?

They should know what to expect and then plan accordingly.  That's why we comment on the discriminatory practices.  Not for us?  We know......but for those reading these forums and considering moving to Thailand to work or retire.  Forwarded in forearmed.

Based on what I know today?  I doubt I'd be living here had I known it 16 years ago.  I would have visited, but not gotten involved with a female Thai citizen no less marrying one, and moved on to a country that isn't overtly racist and discriminatory toward individuals who are not their own ethnicity and nationality.  There are countries like that.  Where foreigners are encouraged to settle and marry into the native population.  Thailand isn't one of those countries!  Just saying.  :sad:  It's da*m sad imho.