Free tenant leaves Khon Kaen house in shocking living conditions after two years

webfact

29 minutes ago, billd766 said:

How so? It is his property and they are paying no rent.

If you feel so strongly, then you take them to court.

It is the owners business and not yours.

How so? It is his property and they are paying no rent.

Where did the poster  'J Branche' say that his tenants were paying no rent?

He simply stated that he uses his maintenance card to access his tenants property, there was no mention of non payment of rent.

If you were renting a property, would you be ok with your landlord entering your property without your permission or presence?

It is the owners business and not yours.

I'm voicing an opinion on a forum in the same way that you are.

Therefore, let me state to you, my opinion is my business and not yours.

Edited by Bert got kinky
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, RanongCat said:

Same condition be found in hotel rooms  ! Not only Thailand. I know sure ! I am retired Hotelier! There are people and there are ....other people.

Sure, heard many stories over many years.

An old buddy shared (some years back) he sent one of his new high performance staff (21 yo) to help  with a project in China for 4 weeks. New guy had never before stayed outside of his family house in Sydney / never been abroad and never stayed in any hotel anywhere. 

The consultant had only worked for him for 3 days, so his work performance nor behaviorys and attitudes not yet known, so quite risky to send him abroad so quickly. 

Hotel in Shanghai called his company in sydney to inform them there would be a big bill for damage to the room (5 star hotel) which they required to be settled immediately and they had in fact successfuly charged the fully amount to his credit card.

Turned out the new boy decided he didn't like the placing or style of the furniture, so he rearranged the furniture, ripped legs off one table, threw sheets, quilts, pillows, cups, kettle etc., into the laundry / rubbish chute. Then had requested new furniture etc., that he liked.

He was replaced quickly and sacked as soon as back in Sydney.  

His response "But my dad told me it's my right to make myself comfortable."

Edited by scorecard

9 hours ago, scorecard said:

Sure, heard many stories over many years.

An old buddy shared (some years back) he sent one of his new high performance staff (21 yo) to help  with a project in China for 4 weeks. New guy had never before stayed outside of his family house in Sydney / never been abroad and never stayed in any hotel anywhere. 

The consultant had only worked for him for 3 days, so his work performance nor behaviorys and attitudes not yet known, so quite risky to send him abroad so quickly. 

Hotel in Shanghai called his company in sydney to inform them there would be a big bill for damage to the room (5 star hotel) which they required to be settled immediately and they had in fact successfuly charged the fully amount to his credit card.

Turned out the new boy decided he didn't like the placing or style of the furniture, so he rearranged the furniture, ripped legs off one table, threw sheets, quilts, pillows, cups, kettle etc., into the laundry / rubbish chute. Then had requested new furniture etc., that he liked.

He was replaced quickly and sacked as soon as back in Sydney.  

His response "But my dad told me it's my right to make myself comfortable."

This must be a very rare incident in this world - if not the only one (assuming the lad was in normal mental condition).

10 minutes ago, ravip said:

This must be a very rare incident in this world - if not the only one (assuming the lad was in normal mental condition).

I don't disagree.

In the past I have had incidents where  fairly new staff wanted to move furniture, for no reason of any value. And incidents of fairly new staff appraoching other staff to swap jobs (with no discussion, request for permission from their supervisor etc.) 

Had a girlfriend whose undisciplined 15 year old daughter liked to eat in her room, the mother found all the stinking dirty dishes hidden in cupboards because she was too lazy to take them to the kitchen. Same daughter was arrested a few years later as a drug mule.

• Sad 1

18 hours ago, Bert got kinky said:

If you were renting and your landlord searched your house without you being present and without your permission, would you just accept this?

If I was keeping the property well in order, clean, tidy etc, I would not mind, even if I was not there. It's HIS property.

But of course, if anything went missing or got damaged that would be different matter. Solution: Keep the place tidy and video it every week/clean, do NOT leave any valuables hanging about.

30 minutes ago, KannikaP said:

If I was keeping the property well in order, clean, tidy etc, I would not mind, even if I was not there. It's HIS property.

But of course, if anything went missing or got damaged that would be different matter. Solution: Keep the place tidy and video it every week/clean, do NOT leave any valuables hanging about.

do NOT leave any valuables hanging about.

Or horse sized vibrating rubber toys, or an industrial sized vat of KY jelly, etc.

• Love It 1

2 hours ago, ravip said:

It turned out he wasn't all that smart nor logical and easily swayed by relatives.

The employer gve him a job as appreication for favors done by the boys father who was type of work the boy should be responsible for. 

But it came to a sticky end with lots of embarrassment all round. 

On 7/26/2023 at 3:36 PM, Bert got kinky said:

And that's not what was stated, He stated that he used the card to inspect the property.

If the tenant was present, why would he need to use the card?

I guess he meant "play the maintenance" card... ie making up some mundane reason in order to enter the property ("I just want to check the water pressure" for example).

If that is what he meant, I also didn't figure it out until I read @BenStark's comment, and came to the same conclusion as you.