Pitbull Attack in Chonburi Ends Tragically

webfact

8 minutes ago, sambum said:

"Local residents intervened, restraining the aggressive dog by tying its mouth and feet, resulting in its unfortunate fortunate death, presumably due to suffocation."

Said it before - I'll say it again - these unpredictable beasts should be banned - never mind they make wonderful family pets, they are time bombs, pure and simple.

Any dog is a time bomb if kept locked up and never exercised. Correction get a goldfish!

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

There is a dangerous pit on my soi and the owner keeps her chained to a wall and gives her garbage to eat and no love at all.  Many times I found her water dish empty on the hottest days with no sun protection. She made it clear she didn't want friends but I started giving her bits of bacon and table scraps and a pig knee on occasion. I also taught her to swim and give her a nice shampoo occasionally and slowly acclimated her to my dogs until they became good friends. I ran her a water line that fills her bowl with fresh cool water every hour.  She has gotten loose a few times and bitten at least one guy and a few dogs.  If I see her running wild I give her a whistle and she comes and gives me licks and I walk her back home.  Never hurts to have friends especially vicious man-eaters.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 3

30 minutes ago, LikeItHot said:

There is a dangerous pit on my soi and the owner keeps her chained to a wall and gives her garbage to eat and no love at all.  Many times I found her water dish empty on the hottest days with no sun protection. She made it clear she didn't want friends but I started giving her bits of bacon and table scraps and a pig knee on occasion. I also taught her to swim and give her a nice shampoo occasionally and slowly acclimated her to my dogs until they became good friends. I ran her a water line that fills her bowl with fresh cool water every hour.  She has gotten loose a few times and bitten at least one guy and a few dogs.  If I see her running wild I give her a whistle and she comes and gives me licks and I walk her back home.  Never hurts to have friends especially vicious man-eaters.

For a minute there I thought you were giving the owner shampoo's and teaching her how to swim????

Some off topic posts trolling about the headline have been removed:

17. The ASEAN NOW news team gathers and disseminates news bulletins from Thai and international sources, and republishes them in the news forums for our members' information and enjoyment. Our news team works hard to bring quality content to the news forums and should be respected for their efforts. Comments regarding ASEAN NOW being the source of news articles or other comments such as "slow news day" or "clickbait headline" are disrespectful and unwelcome. Such comments will be sanctioned. Original articles, especially in the Thai or foreign language press can sometimes have grammatical mistakes or misspellings. ASEAN NOW is not responsible for these nor does ASEAN NOW have the right to alter content it is reprinting from another source. Similarly, ASEAN NOW is not responsible for any opinions reflected or quoted in reprinted news stories.

• Thumbs Up 1

13 hours ago, webfact said:

restraining the aggressive dog by tying its mouth and feet, resulting in its unfortunate death,

Brave action by the local residents. Scanning through the posts, so far not one from a dog lover condemning the pitbull's death!

• Thumbs Up 1

@ 2.13 onwards - good babysitter and no reports of a pit-bull attacking a child...erm what....loads of cases of kids being attacked and maimed. Anyone who would trust leaving their kids with this breed needs a rethink.  

Pit Bulls and derivatives are banned in my home country thankfully. Unfortunately, Bully XL seems to have taken over as the new chav substitute for PBs, hopefully to be banned soon. 

Regards OP, the only pity in the case reported is the resolution took too long - a quick bullet to head would have been better. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Joe Mama said:

Any & every dog (family pet or  Soi dogs) that violently attack a person needs to be humanly euthanized immediately & without question!  The Pitbull's are a particularly vicious breed, & have caused many injuries & fatalities in Thailand!  I love to walk for exercise, but fear walking around my neighborhood as there are packs of Soi dogs roaming around the area!  Some of them even charge at my motorbike when I pass them in the street, and I have no idea if any of them have ever been properly vaccinated!  No vicious dog should ever be given a second chance to maul or kill again!

Many years ago there was one particular dog on the main road that used to chase me while I was on my 200cc Honda Phantom.

I got fed up after a while and I would change down the gears and speed past it. Then I would turn around and chase it. It took a little while but it learnt the sound of my motorbike and stayed away from me when I rode past.

The owner never came out, even though the dog was at the entrance to his driveway.