Anutin Pilots Plane to Deliver Heart Transplant Team

webfact

1 hour ago, HuaHinHim said:

That’s a bit OTT mate. I have been a commercially rated helicopter pilot since the 90’s and know a few people lucky enough to have plenty of money so they can have the fancy sofisticated non turbine powered aircraft and turbine powered and I am very happy to fly with them. I accept there’s more training to fly them competently but to say I wouldn’t trust a private pilot would be on a case by case basis. I’ve know and know of several commercial pilots with high flight hours that have lost aircraft through senseless errors, some are lucky to be with us still and some are not. You must have had a bad experience.

Yes.  Some scary experiences as a CFI and CFII who used to do BFR(Biennial Flight Reviews) and Aircraft Checkouts prior to renting them.  In the US FAA standards are the bare minimum and I have been scared off my rocker by some Private Pilots.  I especially avoided wealth Private Pilots who thought they can handle anything.  These were the days before safety enhancements like what Cirrus aircraft have(you know the parachute) and automatic landing systems.  I especially dreaded flying with Doctors who often bought complex aircraft like the Bonanza or even the Mooney and got over their heads. Remember a guy named JFK Jr in 1999.  He bought too much airplane as a private pilot.  These are just my thoughts based upon my past flying experience. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

A post with a link to the Bangkok Post has been removed:

16. The Bangkok Post, Khaosod, Pattaya Mail and the Phuket News do not allow quotes from their news articles or other material to appear on ASEAN NOW. Neither do they allow links to their publications. Posts from members containing quotes from or links to the Bangkok Post, Khaosod, Pattaya Mail and the Phuket News publications will be deleted from the forum. These restrictions are put in place by the above publications, not by ASEAN NOW. In rare cases, forum administrators or the news team may use these sources under special permission.

10 hours ago, sqwakvfr said:

It looks like s single engine turbo prop which might require a type rating and probably the equivalent of a commercial pilot certificate.  This could be like saying John Travolta piloted a B727 in his time.  The truth might be an experienced commercial pilot was the PIC (Pilot in Command) with a co-pilot?  Co-pilot could mean someone who has very limited experience. 

Don't believe everything you read in the newspaper.

Wow. You got all this information from this picture? Amazing.

As for commercial rating - it has nothing to do with size of airplane\type of engine. The difference between PPL and CPL is that with PPL you can't charge for the service and with CPL you can.

• Thumbs Up 1

35 minutes ago, LukKrueng said:

Wow. You got all this information from this picture? Amazing.

As for commercial rating - it has nothing to do with size of airplane\type of engine. The difference between PPL and CPL is that with PPL you can't charge for the service and with CPL you can.

I said it looks like a singe engine turbo prop.  I could be wrong.  Big world of difference from someone who holds a PPL versus a CPL.  Minimum requirements for a CPL is at least 250 hours.  In my day the minimum for a PPL was 40 total hours.  Also, the checkride for a CPL is tougher. 

Edited by sqwakvfr

4 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

Truly large men do something because it is the right thing to do, and they do it in silence and in private. 

Very small men do something good, and the whole world needs to know about it. They post it on social media, and make sure to juice the opportunity, for every bit of credit. 

At an opportune moment in time!

14 hours ago, sqwakvfr said:

The truth might be an experienced commercial pilot was the PIC (Pilot in Command) with a co-pilot?  Co-pilot could mean someone who has very limited experience. 

The truth could also be that he did pilot the plane.

Don't believe everything a AN poster writes especially when he doesn't include anything to justify his guesses!

Edited by Liverpool Lou
  • Thumbs Up 1

14 hours ago, sqwakvfr said:

It looks like s single engine turbo prop which might require a type rating and probably the equivalent of a commercial pilot certificate.  This could be like saying John Travolta piloted a B727 in his time.  The truth might be an experienced commercial pilot was the PIC (Pilot in Command) with a co-pilot?  Co-pilot could mean someone who has very limited experience. 

"This could be like saying John Travolta piloted a B727 in his time".

Nothing like that, at all, as he seems to be seriously experienced owning several planes and having been flying for years. He flew the plane himself to Bangkok after taking delivery from the manufacturer, Daher.

"Daher has delivered the first TBM 930 to be based in Asia. It was delivered in December to Anutin Charnvirakul, who previously owned a TBM 850 turboprop aircraft.

The new TBM 930 was ferried by Charnvirakul from Daher’s Tarbes, France production facility to Bangkok in December, departing from Europe after a ritual Thai Buddhist blessing."

https://www.corporatejetinvestor.com/news/daher-celebrates-first-tbm-930-based-in-asia-151/

Edited by Liverpool Lou
  • Thumbs Up 1

I heard the plane's call sign is " FX-U-TOSR". Must be easy to remember for him.                                                                        I must be getting airsick as I want to vomit.                                It was all prophesised in that infamous picture of him and him and her that is not available in Thailand.... 

Edited by rbkk

20 hours ago, sqwakvfr said:

Damn I'm so disappointed now 

23 hours ago, sqwakvfr said:

But the PR is good, the yellow shirt, all good, my monies still on him for PM 

8 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

"This could be like saying John Travolta piloted a B727 in his time".

Nothing like that, at all, as he seems to be seriously experienced owning several planes and having been flying for years. He flew the plane himself to Bangkok after taking delivery from the manufacturer, Daher.

"Daher has delivered the first TBM 930 to be based in Asia. It was delivered in December to Anutin Charnvirakul, who previously owned a TBM 850 turboprop aircraft.

The new TBM 930 was ferried by Charnvirakul from Daher’s Tarbes, France production facility to Bangkok in December, departing from Europe after a ritual Thai Buddhist blessing."

https://www.corporatejetinvestor.com/news/daher-celebrates-first-tbm-930-based-in-asia-151/

Such a busy person and all.  As the full time Health Minister of a country of almost 70 million and while campaigning to be the next PM how does he have enough time to maintian his proficieny as a pilot? It's not like flying a C172 or a Piper Warrior.