Anutin Pilots Plane to Deliver Heart Transplant Team

webfact

12 hours ago, sqwakvfr said:

I said it looks like a singe engine turbo prop.  I could be wrong.  Big world of difference from someone who holds a PPL versus a CPL.  Minimum requirements for a CPL is at least 250 hours.  In my day the minimum for a PPL was 40 total hours.  Also, the checkride for a CPL is tougher. 

I can't read the HS number but looks like TBM on the tail.

It is "a lot of airplane" but I read quite forgiving and for somebody who has been in the game for a while.  Definitely easier than the big piston twins that need to be babied

8 minutes ago, Captain Monday said:

It is "a lot of airplane" but I read quite forgiving and for somebody who has been in the game for a while.  Definitely easier than the big piston twins that need to be babied

Do you know if it is more forgiving than a Piper Malibu? I know someone with a private with lots of money who almost got his ticket punched into the great unknown.  In less than a year he sold the Malibu and bought a Cirrus 22. 

1 hour ago, sqwakvfr said:

Do you know if it is more forgiving than a Piper Malibu? I know someone with a private with lots of money who almost got his ticket punched into the great unknown.  In less than a year he sold the Malibu and bought a Cirrus 22. 

As long as it is a turbine model similar. "A lot of airplane" but you can get out of the ice/weather and don't have to worry about the power plant as much. 

"heart warming" good headline pun, but its actually just a publicity stunt, most people don't have the resources or money to enjoy joyriding around the country in a private plane. Most people are trying to simply barely survive.

• Like 1

Anutin is a very unimpressive man. He failed miserably as health minister. He failed in his bid to become PM, thankfully. 

Wow, he can fly. But, I wouldn't trust him to fly me around!

We all know the type. Deeply insecure, low self esteem. Overly rich, always bragging, and in great need of approval from others. Look at me! 

Edited by spidermike007
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, sqwakvfr said:

how does he have enough time to maintian his proficieny as a pilot?

I'm guessing that you meant "...enough time to maintain his proficiency..."?   By careful use of his time, no doubt; why are you so bothered about how he spends his time?  If you're trying to claim that he can no longer qualified to hold his pilot's licence, why not just say it?

Edited by Liverpool Lou
  • Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

32 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

I'm guessing that you meant "...enough time to maintain his proficiency..."?   By careful use of his time, no doubt; why are you so bothered about how he spends his time?  If you're trying to claim that he can no longer qualified to hold his pilot's licence, why not just say it?

Ok. You caught me. I can't spell.  Just based upon my experience it is difficult to maintain proficiency in complex aircraft when one has such a demanding job like the Minister of Health.  When I was deeply involved in aviation I knew a lot of doctors who had little time to maintain proficiency in less complex aircraft the like a Bonanza or even a Mooney because their jobs were so time consuming.  I knew doctors who were involved in aviation accidents and some were fatal.  I am not claiming anything and it is license and not licence.  

I guess you are or were a pilot?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Captain Monday said:

its one of these.

image.png.c7f1eeca84ea8de1ddeb9852388286d5.png

1 hour ago, sqwakvfr said:

I am not claiming anything and it is license and not licence.  

I guess you are or were a pilot?

Seems as though you are definitely suggesting something about his proficiency or qualifications to fly.   "Licence" is correct.

Your guess could be correct but it is irrelevant in the context of the DPM in question.

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Seems as though you are definitely suggesting something about his proficiency or qualifications to fly.   "Licence" is correct.

Your guess could be correct but it is irrelevant in the context of the DPM in question.

I am not British so for me it is License.  “Your guess”: is your opinion.  I did not suggest anything.  You did. 

Edited by sqwakvfr
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

On 7/29/2023 at 1:06 PM, spidermike007 said:

Truly large men do something because it is the right thing to do, and they do it in silence and in private. 

Very small men do something good, and the whole world needs to know about it. They post it on social media, and make sure to juice the opportunity, for every bit of credit. 

said by a guy with 24,000+ posts just on this forum.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Such Petty banter.  I got my ppl in less than 20 hours in my logs.   I doubt its hard to go fly a few hours a month when its one of your Hobby's and you have the money. It would be the way to travel in Thailand.   Dont all drug runners know how to fly?  For sure a publicity stunt. 

Edited by Elkski
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 7/30/2023 at 11:30 AM, Liverpool Lou said:

"Licence" is correct.

Wrong.

American English is the worldwide standard for Aviation.  If people started eating vowels by using British so-called "English", planes would be crashing faster than British fighter planes. ????

https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/abs/pii/S0889490617300327

• Sad 1

On 7/30/2023 at 3:23 PM, arithai12 said:

said by a guy with 24,000+ posts just on this forum.

Spread over 14 years that you forgot to mention.

That works out to about 4.7 posts per day.

There is nothing stopping you from posting more often.