Pattaya Man Fined 1,000 Baht for Punching South Korean Live Streamer, Live Streamer Fined As Well

webfact

1 minute ago, Liverpool Lou said:

I didn't say that would be ok, but, then, no one is doing what you hypothesised.

So we are agreed that there IS some expectancy of private space in public then...

It is just a case of determining where the line is drawn.

33 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

If some "YouTuber" ... sticks a camera in their face"

No one "stuck a camera in anyone else's face".

Come on now.  You know that doesn't mean they are doing it literally.

Remember that good trolling needs to be believable.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

I don't care if it's illegal. If some "YouTuber" walks up to someone when they're on the beach or any other public place and sticks a camera in their face and tells them they are being livestreamed to all their "followers" they better hope the camera is insured. 

Why don't you try it? Walk up to a group of Thai males and start filming them and tell them it's being livestreamed to thousands and that it's perfectly legal. Be sure to report back what happened ????.

The Korean got what he deserved. Possibly less.

People with your attitude of disrespecting people's private space deserve what is coming to them.

Seems to me that you are at the very least condoning violence for a person's actions (livestreaming on a public beach), that are despised by some but nevertheless declared completely legal by Pattaya Police.

Typical Caveman mentality - I don't  care (about legality) - I don't like, I like to stop this (alphamale chest beating).

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

No, it is not, on the beach.  Drinking alcohol on beaches in Thailand is not permitted.

Officially yes. Everbody does it. I guess like prostitution.illegal. you'll only be in trouble if you are drunk or throw trash around bringing attention to yourself.  In pattaya.  Alcohol all over the place. Sold on the beach too. During festivals.  Btw.  Leo is my choice. Just because im a  Seinfeld fan. 

3 hours ago, giddyup said:

We are being filmed everywhere on CCTV, you have no say in that.

is why i wear the groucho fake glasses with big nose and fake mustache when i go out

may explain why the thai ladies call me hansum too much

the best part is the screenshot of the dude getting clocked live on his own feed! lol

Edited by Sticky Rice Balls
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, traveller101 said:

Seems to me that you are at the very least condoning violence for a person's actions (livestreaming on a public beach), that are despised by some but nevertheless declared completely legal by Pattaya Police.

Typical Caveman mentality - I don't  care (about legality) - I don't like, I like to stop this (alphamale chest beating).

We are living in the real world here. 

Like I said, it's not illegal for someone to sit 1 metre away from your wife/daughter sunbathing in her bikini on the beach and stare at her, maybe take a few pictures of her with his iPhone, maybe start a livestream for thousands of his YouTube followers to look at her body and comment on her. But don't expect most people to just sit there and take that because it's technically not illegal. 

Most people with a modicum of social skills and decorum realize that while some things may not be technically illegal, they are socially unacceptable and may lead to a verbal or physical altercation. Some people like the Korean think they can do what they want, and they learn the hard way how the world really works.  

As for abiding by the law 100%, in many countries (including Thailand until recently) it is not illegal to rape your wife. Does that mean you think it's OK that some men do it in those countries? I would assume not. So as you can see, sometimes we have to place our own understanding of what is acceptable above what is considered legal.

2 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

We are living in the real world here. 

Like I said, it's not illegal for someone to sit 1 metre away from your wife/daughter sunbathing in her bikini on the beach and stare at her, maybe take a few pictures of her with his iPhone, maybe start a livestream for thousands of his YouTube followers to look at her body and comment on her. But don't expect most people to just sit there and take that because it's technically not illegal. 

Most people with a modicum of social skills and decorum realize that while some things may not be technically illegal, they are socially unacceptable and may lead to a verbal or physical altercation. Some people like the Korean think they can do what they want, and they learn the hard way how the world really works.  

As for abiding by the law 100%, in many countries (including Thailand until recently) it is not illegal to rape your wife. Does that mean you think it's OK that some men do it in those countries? I would assume not. So as you can see, sometimes we have to place our own understanding of what is acceptable above what is considered legal.

Agreed. In a nutshell, punch the daylights out of him and then pass the mantle to the next person.

Simples.????????

25 minutes ago, traveller101 said:

The guy behind the camera is a tosser, likely worse behind closed doors.

Violence ...yes. Exterminate.????????

You guys are mixing things up.

"There is no expectancy of privacy in public"

This means basically that you can be recorded by anyone while you

are out and about.

That is one thing.

The other one is about "private space"

Private space is all about keeping enough social distance between you and whom ever you are dealing with.

If some one is sticking a camera in you face it could be considered harassment.

If someone is live streaming and you happen to be in the line of the shot the best way to deal with it is just to ignore it and not look into the camera.

The worst and stupidest thing you can do is walk up to the camera

and draw attention to yourself.Make sense?

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

Wasnt Thai law changed within the last year, its always been legal to film people in public but it has been deemed illegal to video people then later publish this footage on any social media outlet without the permission of those being featured.

23 minutes ago, sapson said:

Wasnt Thai law changed within the last year, its always been legal to film people in public but it has been deemed illegal to video people then later publish this footage on any social media outlet without the permission of those being featured.

I really don't know but i doubt it,this would mean you can never film people.

Imagine you film a beach scene and there are a thousand people there.

2 minutes ago, jvs said:

You can film anyone in any public place but then showing that footage on social media without consent is now illegal, believe it was announced on a thread on here during the last year.

But prostitution is illegal in Thailand so guess the thousands of vloggers are not too worried.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

A punch on the nose would not be GBH in the UK!  Much more likely to be considered to be common assault or battery.

Now would that be a 12 volt or 6 volt ?

A punch to the face would typically be charge as single-blow GBH. See the graphic above to find out where this sits on the scale of severity across all types of assault offences.Jun 4, 2562 BE

Edited by Pumpuynarak
  • Sad 1

35 minutes ago, Pumpuynarak said:

A punch to the face would typically be charge as single-blow GBH.

Ex-lawyer here.

I agree it'd be GBH as a matter of law. The external bleeding is sufficient for a charge of GBH through wounding.

Although in practice, the charge might get diluted to ABH at the courts. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Gaccha said:

Ex-lawyer here.

I agree it'd be GBH as a matter of law. The external bleeding is sufficient for a charge of GBH through wounding.

Thanks for your confirmatory post, and i am a retired UK magistrate. Yes indeed it might get diluted at the courts but certainly not ime to ''common assault or battery''

11 hours ago, jvs said:

Well even Google Maps got to blurring faces...... 

I think back to my youth, snogging the girlfriend before she got on the last bus home.... imagine back then if some goon showed up with  a camera insisting it is a public place and his right!

Or some off looking person recording your kids playing on the beach.....it is my right he says!

Or my mug on social media in some embarrassing scenario because the camera holder was stood on a public street. 

I am beginning to have some sympathy for Prince Harry and his bossy wife....

Edited by jacko45k
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, jacko45k said:

I think back to my youth, snogging the girlfriend before she got on the last bus home.... imagine back then if some goon showed up with  a camera insisting it is a public place and his right!

Or some off looking person recording your kids playing on the beach.....it is my right he says!

Or my mug on social media in some embarrassing scenario because the camera holder was stood on a public street. 

Absolutely right. There is a good reason Google blur the faces, they get it. Filming people and trying to catch compromisng situations for social media clout is totally obnoxious behaviour and hopefully these type of incidents deter the 'vloggers' (w***ers) from doing it. Walking around filming sex workers (essentially degrading them) for a few dollars, or secretly recording people in bars from a camera hidden in the overcoat, real low life Peeping Tom stuff.

Woooohhhh hold your horses Jacko. Getting your photo taken when leaving red carpet events, or by Paparazzi that you tipped off to get your name in the paper is totally different. They make their living in the media so they have to expect media attention. 

2 hours ago, Gaccha said:

So the streamer got fined for 'voluntarily quarreling and being a public nuisance'. Nice. 

Should have got 30 days in the slammer and deported for being an obnoxious tosspot. 

The guards could have livestreamed him eating his fishhead soup for social media clout. Now that I would "Like".

Yup Jacko.

Similar to my youth in Oz circa 1970's.

The Italian saying......

"You toucha my car - I breaka your face."????????

2 hours ago, Gaccha said:

Ex-lawyer here.

2 hours ago, Pumpuynarak said:

Thanks for your confirmatory post, and i am a retired UK magistrate. Yes indeed it might get diluted at the courts but certainly not ime to ''common assault or battery''

Having watched the vid now i would imagine that he would be charged with a much less serious charge as the damage done is quite insignificant. 

• Like 1

On 7/31/2023 at 2:46 AM, webfact said:

A Thai man was fined for punching a South Korean live streamer

We need to start a Gofundme page for the Thai guy who smashed that Korean. 

Pay for the fine he got. 

Those YouTubers are weirdos. 

Edited by SAFETY FIRST
  • Love It 1
  • Haha 1