Nirun Condo low class ??

georgegeorgia

10 minutes ago, LS24 said:

Yet you replied to me twice in a row. And you have no idea where the big Budda is in Chonburi... Says more about your credibility than mine, tiger. You called me out that I hadn't ventured to your sacred area. I demonstrated that I had. Then suddenly it's silly. nice one.

This thread isn’t about your erroneously described Buddha representation, but Nirun. Remember? Do you have anything to post on Nirun(Grande Ville)?

Just now, NextG said:

You are obsessing/fixating. It’s not healthy and I already have a girlfriend, but thank you anyway. 
I’m not sure that you’d be able to hack it as a landlord. Perhaps you should reconsider. 

She must be waiting for you to fall off the twig. Poor sod.

Nah, I'm happy to listen to you whine and offer multiple posters here your entitled and unrequested attitude of where everything but you is wrong.

Do you forget typing to stop feeding the troll? Then you continued to feed the "troll.". That is the funniest part.

You are all butt hurt because I don't feel the same way about the place you moved to after you left the last cesspit in your homeland. You may be happy with smelly water and rubbish strewn around. Others have a higher self worth is all. You fail to see that.

You feel you are high society. good for you. Others have different aspirations.

5 minutes ago, NextG said:

This thread isn’t about your erroneously described Buddha representation, but Nirun. Remember? Do you have anything to post on Nirun(Grande Ville)?

I posted the busdda info because Scuba made a silly claim that I did not know the region and challenged me. I simply gave an observation that I do know the region and backed it up.

Now put me in my place and tell me where that budda is oh local legend and I will leave you corner of the interweb. That is a challenge to you. But it shouldnt be difficult to answer. It is basically in your back yard. And it was you who said (paraphrasing) that need to get away from central Pattaya. See the real area. Put your money where your fingers are.

Edited by LS24
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, LS24 said:

She must be waiting for you to fall off the twig. Poor sod.

Nah, I'm happy to listen to you whine and offer multiple posters here your entitled and unrequested attitude of where everything but you is wrong.

Do you forget typing to stop feeding the troll? Then you continued to feed the "troll.". That is the funniest part.

You are all butt hurt because I don't feel the same way about the place you moved to after you left the last cesspit in your homeland. You may be happy with smelly water and rubbish strewn around. Others have a higher self worth is all. You fail to see that.

You feel you are high society. good for you. Others have different aspirations.

I have a house with a garden in the centre of London and live in a beachfront apartment here. How about you?

I used to have a pic of an dead end staircase in the tower building with an old dirty toilet seat at the bottom. I lived in Nirun for a month in an AirBNB one time. I lost the picture, but the seat is probably still there. I will take a pic and post if I go buy there. If it's still there it would be a year or two. I wonder who owns Nirun some Chinese company or Thai? Not sure if they care about defamation, probably not. When I lived there the dark hallways were pretty errie with all the locked metal security grates on the apartment doors. Made me wonder about the possibility of fire. Would probably not make it out if there was a lot of smoke on the higher floors. Had it been any other country I would be careful in the hallways, but since it's Thailand was not worried about personal safety.

Now, I did not mind much being there in that I was leaving in a month with a firm exit date. However, if I'm stuck there long term I would need to get right with God a bit and dig in.

My room in fact had a great view as it was on a high floor facing the sea, but if you slip on that balcony your a gonner, no chance of survival if you fall off.

My neighbor was some european guy who used to bbq on his small balcony with a hibatchi type deal. Always had his shirt off in boxers, etc. looked pretty low class to me. some guy scraping by on a small pension. i wonder if he's still there???

Edited by JimTripper
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Somros said:

What do you mean by "Thai quota"? That the condo has reached 49% foreign owners?

There is no such thing as 'Thai quota'.  Thais can own 100% of a project.  The condo mentioned is likely in Thai name, meaning registered at the Land Office to a Thai owner.  Foreign quota could or could not still be available, one cannot tell this from a particular condo being in Thai name.

• Thumbs Up 1

29 minutes ago, JimTripper said:

I used to have a pic of an dead end staircase in the tower building with an old dirty toilet seat at the bottom. I lived in Nirun for a month in an AirBNB one time. I lost the picture, but the seat is probably still there. I will take a pic and post if I go buy there. If it's still there it would be a year or two. I wonder who owns Nirun some Chinese company or Thai? Not sure if they care about defamation, probably not. When I lived there the dark hallways were pretty errie with all the locked metal security grates on the apartment doors. Made me wonder about the possibility of fire. Would probably not make it out if there was a lot of smoke on the higher floors. Had it been any other country I would be careful in the hallways, but since it's Thailand was not worried about personal safety.

Now, I did not mind much being there in that I was leaving in a month with a firm exit date. However, if I'm stuck there long term I would need to get right with God a bit and dig in.

My room in fact had a great view as it was on a high floor facing the sea, but if you slip on that balcony your a gonner, no chance of survival if you fall off.

My neighbor was some european guy who used to bbq on his small balcony with a hibatchi type deal. Always had his shirt off in boxers, etc. looked pretty low class to me. some guy scraping by on a small pension. i wonder if he's still there???

BBQ on the balcony seems like fun; though perhaps not so much for the neighbours. 
I had a Thai friend who lived there way back when. The security doors I remember too, but actually they served the purpose of being able to leave the front door open securely, in so you could get some airflow. I actually liked that aspect of it when visiting. Though of no interest to me, as I prefer to be as close to the sea as is possible. 

Well, to say it's low class is a bit bigoted in my humble opinion. But Nirum is a "low rent" and old condo project that is quite crowded and is pretty much as you describe. I used to do my laundry there 5 years ago since the laundry was close to my condo down the street and had proper wash machines. I regularly saw the kind of thing you are talking about. There was a restaurant bar next door to the laundry and more often than not a shirtless farang drunk off his ass sitting there being waited on and fed Leo after Leo.  I've seen rents as low as 6000 etc there. Small rooms from what I remember.

Edited by likerdup1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, newnative said:

There is no such thing as 'Thai quota'.  Thais can own 100% of a project.  The condo mentioned is likely in Thai name, meaning registered at the Land Office to a Thai owner.  Foreign quota could or could not still be available, one cannot tell this from a particular condo being in Thai name.

Makes a lot of sense. That's why I found the term "Thai quota" confusing.

• Like 1

On 7/30/2023 at 10:10 PM, georgegeorgia said:

Went up to the Nirun condos recently,I'm Australian but it reminded me of that UK show Coronation street.

Farangs shirtless , sitting outside mom & pop type shops with bottles of beer at 10am.

As I walked past one shop ,all the Thai women shopkeepers I presume stare at you like what's a stranger in this area ?

Secondly as I'm walking slowly a drunken old farang approaches me wearing a Chang singlet he points to it , hey buddy hey ol friend you can buy me a Chang ?

I keep walking to the end of the road to see another farang sitting with beer bottle slumped against the wall with phlegm on his mouth 

I walked towards the end past their swimming pool to the car park ramp to see a very dusty abandoned BMW sitting there 

A American accent farang approaches me " what are you looking at ?

I said " I said the building here ,do they have lifts here?

He said " I wouldn't have a clue.

I said well " Why did you approach me ?

He then walked off 

I keep walking to see people staring at me like I'm a stranger in town 

Terrible place and I won't buy there 

Flybird might be better though I haven't looked 

A retirement home for flunkies from the UK

• Like 1

7 hours ago, LS24 said:

I posted the busdda info because Scuba made a silly claim that I did not know the region and challenged me

Are you still doing boring tourist temple treks? best avoided, can't say i know them all but there's a big budda at the top of Pratumnak hill if that's what you mean. Have you been to Nang Ram beach? probably the best, very popular with Thais, few tourists

5 hours ago, likerdup1 said:

Well, to say it's low class is a bit bigoted in my humble opinion. But Nirum is a "low rent" and old condo project that is quite crowded and is pretty much as you describe. I used to do my laundry there 5 years ago since the laundry was close to my condo down the street and had proper wash machines. I regularly saw the kind of thing you are talking about. There was a restaurant bar next door to the laundry and more often than not a shirtless farang drunk off his ass sitting there being waited on and fed Leo after Leo.  I've seen rents as low as 6000 etc there. Small rooms from what I remember.

Yes 10 in the morning drunk  farangs , I think rents are lower than 6k a month I heard 4k 

18 minutes ago, georgegeorgia said:

Yes 10 in the morning drunk  farangs , I think rents are lower than 6k a month I heard 4k 

At my 4k a month connie,  there are a few mercs and  porsche parked. I own a bicycle but am quite the fine upstanding old fart that enjoys being polite with people.  Btw.  Where have all the moderators gone? 

43 minutes ago, georgegeorgia said:

The fishing village I live in has a new 2 story condo building across from the beach and uptown sea food restaurant. Can walk to 7-11, a few foreigner bars, loads of thai restaurants. Rent is between 4-5 K baht. Pattaya is 30 min away.

22 hours ago, Espanol said:

To decide which would be my best place to live in Thailand, I visited with my wife all the tourist sites in Thailand, including Hua Hin.

We found Hua Hin to be a suitable place for retirees over 70 who are golf fans.

Personally, we found it boring, and after a week we didn't know what to do there anymore.

If you are going to try Hua Hin, my advice is to rent for a month and check if the place is for you, before renting for a long term.

What about the nice beach and water, lack of crowds and cheap condo’s by the water???

I could care less if 70 year old expats are playing golf somewhere if I’m not around. I don’t want to be around “expats that fit my profile”. I want a nice beach with hardly anyone around, a nice cheap condo and ample food and necessities within walking distance.

• Confused 1