Shocking surprise: Thai Facebook user electrified by 11 million baht bill

webfact

image.jpeg

In an unparalleled event, a Thai Facebook user was stunned after receiving an electric bill amounting to 11 million baht. Usually, the family’s bill lies within the boundary of 40,000 baht per month, thus, the recent drastic increase has courted distress and confusion. The shocking occurrence has exploded into a major point of interest online.

The distressed Thai Facebook user took to the We Are Consumers’ Facebook page yesterday to rant about receiving a bill amounting to 11 million baht. The astronomical figure induced astonishment in the virtual world, leading to widespread sharing and speculation.

The unnamed Thai Facebook user vented their frustration by writing…

“I’m boiling with anger. Please, admin, approve this post. Electricity bill of 11 million? The call centre says I have to wait until August 3, but the bill was emailed to me today. Last month’s off-peak cost was over 5 million, and the month before it was 29. Does anyone know what could have caused this? I have no idea, I can’t even sleep. I can’t even eat my food.”

by Nattapong Westwood

Transmission Towers Surat Thani.

Full story: https://thethaiger.com/news/national/thai-facebook-user-reports-disconcerting-11-million-baht-electric-bill-sparks-online-speculation

Thaiger

-- © Copyright Thaiger 2023-07-31

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.