Bhumjaithai To Join Pheu Thai-Led Coalition Partners And Vote Srettha For PM

webfact

20 minutes ago, hotchilli said:

A sad day for the voters....

Let's hope those voters you are referencing have a long memory as there is always next time and revenge is sweet. 

• Confused 1
  • Love It 1

6 hours ago, webfact said:

THE BHUMJAITHAI under de facto party boss Newin Chidchob is becoming a ninth coalition partner headed by the Pheu Thai

I may be missing something here, but since BJT has made it clear that they will not join a coalition with MFP, I believe they must be out.

8-1+1 = 8

So who is the other new coalition partner. The toad?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, hotchilli said:

Last time FFP got kicked out.

This time MFP got kicked out
Next time any other progressive party will be kicked out.
memories serve no purpose without action.
Thais moan and do nothing... expect no changes.

All that's a maybe, sure they got booted out the first time but they certainly improved their polling this time, so it would see a few did remember and in turn did something - a major increase voting.

Early days I would say. 

• Confused 1

52 minutes ago, Artisi said:

All that's a maybe, sure they got booted out the first time but they certainly improved their polling this time, so it would see a few did remember and in turn did something - a major increase voting.

Early days I would say. 

Polling, voting, elections mean nothing when the outcome is blatantly ignored by the rigged system.

It's just a PR stunt to say democracy exists.

If polling made a difference why are we witnessing what is happening now?
The only way to get change is to force change, and Thais are too lethargic to do that.

The only way to force change  is to make the majority votes winner party the outright winner, and the PM chosen via polling at the ballot box.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, BenStark said:

I may be missing something here, but since BJT has made it clear that they will not join a coalition with MFP, I believe they must be out.

8-1+1 = 8

So who is the other new coalition partner. The toad?

The clue probably in the news referring to defacto leader of BJT Newin Chidchob joining the coalition and not Anutin who make that statement about MFP need to be out as the condition. 

The other clue is the number 310 reported as the current coalition including MFP. The original number was 293 (MFP + PTP) plus 20 MPs from the other smaller parties. This total 313 and with the resignation of 2 MFP MPs on drink driving and criminality causes and Sudarat resignation of her party list MP, the coalition is now at 310. 

Does look like the current coalition including MFP is intact with BJT being the 9th coalition party. 

Things are still fluid and will stand corrected till the new government is formed. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, hotchilli said:

It's just a PR stunt to say democracy exists.

Yes, this most recent "election" and the aftermath has been essentially a Thai smooth as Silk soft coup.

The resulting "Coalition" amounts to 302 "votes" so they need another 73 Senators. I assume they'll get that if not nearly all Senators.

PTP+BJT+PPP+Dem+Chart+Prachachat+ a few twos and ones, but no UTN.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Eric Loh said:

The clue probably in the news referring to defacto leader of BJT Newin Chidchob joining the coalition and not Anutin who make that statement about MFP need to be out as the condition. 

The other clue is the number 310 reported as the current coalition including MFP. The original number was 293 (MFP + PTP) plus 20 MPs from the other smaller parties. This total 313 and with the resignation of 2 MFP MPs on drink driving and criminality causes and Sudarat resignation of her party list MP, the coalition is now at 310. 

Does look like the current coalition including MFP is intact with BJT being the 9th coalition party. 

Things are still fluid and will stand corrected till the new government is formed. 

As far as I'm aware, Newin is banned from politics, and with BJT added, they wouldn't need a senator because they have 381 seats already

• Like 1

According to the BP reported this morning the PTP led coalition comprises 10 parties that include five new partners:

BrumjaiThai, PPRP, the democratic party, the Chartthaipattana party and the

Chartpattanakla party with possibly four other parties Prachachat,  Pheu Thai Ruam Palang,  Seri Ruam Thai and Plung Sungkom Mai.

No link provided

So new government is same as old one, although the people had clearly voted them out.

Why hold elections anyway?

Curious if the people will accept this. The MFP voters are a powerful group who know the powers of social media to gather support

40 minutes ago, BenStark said:

As far as I'm aware, Newin is banned from politics, and with BJT added, they wouldn't need a senator because they have 381 seats already

He was banned in 2007 for 5 years. Didn’t stopped him from engineering the takeover of the government by the Dem Party. He said he quit politics to concentrate on business but we all know that he is the defacto leader and founder of BJT. Anutin is just the puppet leader. Newin has been trying to mend the fence with Thaksin since the infamous betrayal. 

• Like 1