Latest Pheu Thai-Led Coalition To Do Without Move Forward

webfact

1 minute ago, newnative said:

The MF party should publicly announce, as loudly as possible, that they will be voting for Settha as PM, since he has stated that he, too, is in favor of reforming Article 112.  Throw the ball into the Senator's court and force them, along with the junta House members, to make the painful choice to be seen as voting in agreement with the MF party, or to be seen as voting, once again, against both the will of the voters and the forming of a government.

With BJT on board I believe they can sway enough senators votes 

well played PT and also to MFP for stepping back when needed. 
MFP will get their time soon enough 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, bannork said:

This formula looks difficult to implement 

The coalition have 262 MPs but need 375 votes from both Houses combined so:

1. MF must vote for Settha even though they are excluded from the government!

2. If MF refuse, Chettha must find at least 113 senators to vote for him. But they were all selected by Prayuth and Pravit whose parties are both excluded from this coalition!

Can't see how this formula will work unless MF commit an act of supreme benevolence and why should they?

MFP will vote for PT PM

MFP will get cabinet posts 

Well played Thaksin 

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

19 minutes ago, bannork said:

In that case Eric, Bhumjaithai will have to swallow their words and accept MF. Actually, it's all nonsense about not accepting MF because of 112, MF don't have enough votes on their own to push it through Parliament anyway!

If PT and Bhumjaithai reject MF but still need their votes for Settha to be PM, then that's nonsense too 

'We won't accept you because of 112 but we want your votes for our PM!' 

Another thing, Thaksin. I just can't see him coming back if both Pravit and Prayuth are excluded from the government. I just can't see it!

That statement was spoken before MFP abandon the lead role to form the government. Now that PTP will lead the government and has made it clear that the 112 will not be amended or abolished and set aside, BJT has reason to deviate from their earlier statement. Newin is also stepping out of his political hiatus and seem to take a stronger role in his party's direction. He advocate the 8 +1 coalition. 

Prawit and Prayut are not the solutions to Thaksin's return. Another P has been instrumental in obstructing Thaksin as PM and courts decisions. Now deceased. 

Edited by Eric Loh
wrong word

The Move Forward is ready to move to the opposition to ensure that neither the Palang Pracharath Party or the Ruam Thai Sang Chart Party are in the next government coalition, a MFP MP told Thai Enquirer on Wednesday.

https://www.thaienquirer.com/50365/move-forward-ready-to-sacrifice-government-position-to-ensure-no-chipmakers/

14 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

Good move guys. You always need to follow the will and dictates of the elite, the army, the highly conventional and conservative minority, and the most corrupt people in the nation. And most importantly, it is very essential that you completely ignore the will of the people, bring no change, progress or reform, and continue to move the nation backwards.

Good work. Keep it up. Congratulate yourselves.

It was either that or another coup would follow, you can be sure of that.

• Like 1

Jeez, so many twists and turns, you need a map to navigate, even then it would confuse us all.   It's like the skit with Abbot & Costello "Who's on First".  Maybe they are waiting for Tony Taksin to come back and straighten things out - he is the Donald Trump of Thailand.       Cheers

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, anchadian said:

It was either that or another coup would follow, you can be sure of that.

I will make a most optimistic prediction. There will never be another military coup here. Think about it. The moral authority that backed the coups in the past, is long gone. And the army does not have the guts to wage war against their people, Burmese style. 

It won't happen. The Thai army does not have the guts for it, and the Thai soldiers, and the families of the soldiers would never tolerate their sons murdering innocent Thais. The moms would say "you murder one Thai, and you are never welcome in our family home again. Listen to me. Do not do this". And you would have massive army defections. Who will fight at that point? Not the cowardly generals? They would flee into exile with their billions, and the army might collapse, or give up, at that point.

One of the fundamental differences, is the Thai soldiers are not facing the level of desperation the young Burmese are. The poverty here is not as grinding as it is in Burma. I do not think it could be sustained, if the fools started it. Thailand is a very different culture than Burma, on a dozen significant levels. And the youth now, are very different people than they were during past coups, which were violent. and were supported with a sort of moral authority, which is gone now.

• Confused 1

45 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

I will make a most optimistic prediction. There will never be another military coup here. Think about it. The moral authority that backed the coups in the past, is long gone. And the army does not have the guts to wage war against their people, Burmese style. 

It won't happen. The Thai army does not have the guts for it, and the Thai soldiers, and the families of the soldiers would never tolerate their sons murdering innocent Thais. The moms would say "you murder one Thai, and you are never welcome in our family home again. Listen to me. Do not do this". And you would have massive army defections. Who will fight at that point? Not the cowardly generals? They would flee into exile with their billions, and the army might collapse, or give up, at that point.

One of the fundamental differences, is the Thai soldiers are not facing the level of desperation the young Burmese are. The poverty here is not as grinding as it is in Burma. I do not think it could be sustained, if the fools started it. Thailand is a very different culture than Burma, on a dozen significant levels. And the youth now, are very different people than they were during past coups, which were violent. and were supported with a sort of moral authority, which is gone now.

There will be no coup even if the dinosaurs want one. They can’t pull it off this time. 

The bangkok based 1st and 11st infantry regiments already been transferred to Royal Security Command since 2019

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

16 minutes ago, anchadian said:

Junta-appointed senator Seri Suwanphanond filed a police complaint aft "WANTED" leaflets of him & other junta-appointed senators accused of "serving dictators" were found at Seri Market, BKK. The senator is the market owner & wants the culprit arrest for defamation & trespassing.

https://twitter.com/KhaosodEnglish/status/1686598994481586176

This is so funny ???? 

46 minutes ago, bradiston said:

They got 38% and 151 seats. BJT got 3% and 71 seats. I don't call 38% a small part.

Anutin declared in April he wouldn't work with anyone that didn't support his weed policy. That's both MFP and PT out the window then.

https://www.voanews.com/a/pot-politics-emerge-as-key-issue-in-thai-election-/7068805.html

Obviously welched on that item.

Srettha is a flip flop politician. Supports amending 112 then opposes it. Urges Democrats and BJT to support Pita, then abandons the whole idea.

The whole rotten crew on this ship of fools should be planked.

If MFP are ok and onboard with the plan I dun see why not 

they need to be creative to outmanoeuvre the dinosaurs and senators 

I see it as a win win

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

10 minutes ago, Hunz Kittisak said:

If MFP are ok and onboard with the plan I dun see why not 

they need to be creative to outmanoeuvre the dinosaurs and senators 

I see it as a win win

Nobody apart from the other 7 parties to the original coalition, will work with MFP. 112 amendment is not in the MoU.

It's odd that PT have made it clear they don't support amending 112, but are prepared to work with MFP, whereas BJT and the Democrats have just refused point blank to work with MFP because of 112, or so they say.

If PT are prepared to work with MFP and reserve their position on 112, why can BJT and Democrats not do the same? And there's a certain amount of horse trading open to them all. For instance, BJT are looking for support for their Cannabis-Hemp Bill which I believe both PT and MFP oppose. They'll never get it through without support.

If PT joined MFP in opposition, BJT would never get anything through. I don't think the Senate gets to vote on bills tabled in the house of reps, but I'm not sure. Anutin has declared he wouldn't join a minority government.

Another election would be on the cards. But the vast expense and time would be prohibitive. The senate would have to reluctantly accept the inevitable. PT and MFP in a coalition government. 112 is such a relatively minor issue, but they've turned it into a mountain.

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, bradiston said:

They got 38% and 151 seats. BJT got 3% and 71 seats. I don't call 38% a small part.

Anutin declared in April he wouldn't work with anyone that didn't support his weed policy. That's both MFP and PT out the window then.

I suspect

PT agreed not to limit cannabis for Anutin (and the people of Thailand)

And Anutin agreed to let Thaksin return (for the Laos speaking Thai majority)

Which seems a pretty good deal for everyone IMHO.

MF could have made the same deal, but refused and so lost out.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

Barricades are being set up to prevent demonstrators from entering Pheu Thai Party HQ Weds afternoon as pro-MFP demonstrators are expected to descend to demand party doesn't break 8-party coalition.

https://twitter.com/KhaosodEnglish/status/1686616123259879424

Demonstrators are gathering for a car mob to demonstrate their support for the 8-party coalition at Asoke Intersection.

The car mob will start moving at 1 pm, and its destination is Pheu Thai's HQ.

The route includes Asoke Intersection, Down Sukhumvit Road, turning left into Soi 55 towards Phetchaburi Road, then turning left down Phetchaburi Road towards Pheu Thai's HQ.

https://twitter.com/ThaiEnquirer/status/1686618693269377024

3 hours ago, Eric Loh said:

PTP as lead government will drive their policies to rewrite the charter to make sure that only elected MPs can vote for a prime minister which is also MFP's policies.

I rather suspect that PTP as the lead party in this proposed coalition will drive their policies to make sure that any charter rewrite will cement their place in the power structure (Senate). In this they will find a willing ally in Bhumjaithai. Neither will be able to resist a permanent ( possibly together a majority) significant presence in the Senate, and with that will come a continuance, maybe even an extension of the Senate's powers. 

The power games are beginning - Thaksin and Newin!

Edited by herfiehandbag

2 hours ago, No Forwarding Address said:

Jeez, so many twists and turns, you need a map to navigate, even then it would confuse us all.   It's like the skit with Abbot & Costello "Who's on First".  Maybe they are waiting for Tony Taksin to come back and straighten things out - he is the Donald Trump of Thailand.       Cheers

They have very little in common, and their core supporters have less in common. 

Trump was trying to stage a coup, so he has much more in common with Prayut. 

Edited by dukeandduke
  • Haha 1

30 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

I suspect

PT agreed not to limit cannabis for Anutin (and the people of Thailand)

And Anutin agreed to let Thaksin return (for the Laos speaking Thai majority)

Which seems a pretty good deal for everyone IMHO.

MF could have made the same deal, but refused and so lost out.

Nah, far too simple. And what's Tony's return got to do with Anutin? MFP? Same deal? Cobblers, I think.

19 minutes ago, herfiehandbag said:

I rather suspect that PTP as the lead party in this proposed coalition will drive their policies to make sure that any charter rewrite will cement their place in the power structure (Senate). In this they will find a willing ally in Bhumjaithai. Neither will be able to resist a permanent ( possibly together a majority) significant presence in the Senate, and with that will come a continuance, maybe even an extension of the Senate's powers. 

The power games are beginning - Thaksin and Newin!

With due respect, I don’t think the once-in-Thai history and highly unpopular junta appointed senates will be dare to resurface by PTP. It’s a suicide pact for PTP if they dare attempt. In their policy, they intend to change the voting of prime minister to only elected MPs.

IMO BJT will not be a big player in the coalition as they command a much smaller seats. The PTP coalition will relent on some tough measures on cannabis and give them few B listed ministerial positions. BJT will be happy to still be in the government rather than cast away with nothing.

The MOU between the eight parties is canceled.

From our headliner this morning:

The Move Forward is ready to move to the opposition to ensure that neither the Palang Pracharath Party or the Ruam Thai Sang Chart Party are in the next government coalition, a MFP MP told Thai Enquirer on Wednesday.

More: https://twitter.com/ThaiEnquirer/status/1686635412650184704

Edited by anchadian