Latest Pheu Thai-Led Coalition To Do Without Move Forward

webfact

23 minutes ago, Eric Loh said:

With due respect, I don’t think the once-in-Thai history and highly unpopular junta appointed senates will be dare to resurface by PTP. It’s a suicide pact for PTP if they dare attempt. In their policy, they intend to change the voting of prime minister to only elected MPs.

IMO BJT will not be a big player in the coalition as they command a much smaller seats. The PTP coalition will relent on some tough measures on cannabis and give them few B listed ministerial positions. BJT will be happy to still be in the government rather than cast away with nothing.

PT and it’s predecessor parties never needed any appointed senate votes to become the government. They have always won the elections outright. 
If they formed the government again this time they will work to win the votes for next elections legitimately as they have always done. 

• Haha 2

BREAKING: PT has formally announced it will nominate Srettha as PM candidate for the next bicameral vote expected on Fri. PT also said it's now seeking to form a new coalition without MFP due to the latter's refusal to withdraw its pledge to amend the lese majeste law

https://twitter.com/KhaosodEnglish/status/1686641905776660480

BREAKING: In a statement released Wednesday afternoon by the Pheu Thai Party, it will continue to push for reform of the military, break de facto alcohol oligarchy & support same-sex marriage. MFP, according to the statement, will be in the opposition

https://twitter.com/KhaosodEnglish/status/1686645205666279424

59 minutes ago, Eric Loh said:

With due respect, I don’t think the once-in-Thai history and highly unpopular junta appointed senates will be dare to resurface by PTP. It’s a suicide pact for PTP if they dare attempt. In their policy, they intend to change the voting of prime minister to only elected MPs.

IMO BJT will not be a big player in the coalition as they command a much smaller seats. The PTP coalition will relent on some tough measures on cannabis and give them few B listed ministerial positions. BJT will be happy to still be in the government rather than cast away with nothing.

They can't change the Senate charter. It will change next May.

The Pheu Thai Party and the Move Forward Party (MFP) have agreed that it will be up to the MFP to decide whether they will vote for Pheu Thai PM Candidate Srettha Thavisin or not, and there is no agreement on this matter, said Pheu Thai leader Chonlanan Srikaew.

Regarding which parties will join the new Pheu Thai-led coalition, Chonlanan stated that the announcement will be made tomorrow.

Chonlanan expressed confidence that the party will receive more votes from the senators for their PM candidate since the MFP is no longer in the coalition, and the new coalition does not support the amendment of the lese-majeste law.

The party is also confident that the new coalition will have a simple majority

in the lower house.

https://twitter.com/ThaiEnquirer/status/1686648561310806016

18 minutes ago, anchadian said:

BREAKING: PT has formally announced it will nominate Srettha as PM candidate for the next bicameral vote expected on Fri. PT also said it's now seeking to form a new coalition without MFP due to the latter's refusal to withdraw its pledge to amend the lese majeste law

https://twitter.com/KhaosodEnglish/status/1686641905776660480

MFP might have a say in the nomination for PM, that's if that even goes ahead. The CC is set to rule on the 2nd vote débâcle, maybe tomorrow, before anything can happen. As usual, all commentators jumping the gun. I really don't think X is a reliable source. All chatter. No sources ever mentioned. No room I guess.

25 minutes ago, anchadian said:

The Pheu Thai Party and the Move Forward Party (MFP) have agreed that it will be up to the MFP to decide whether they will vote for Pheu Thai PM Candidate Srettha Thavisin or not, and there is no agreement on this matter, said Pheu Thai leader Chonlanan Srikaew.

Regarding which parties will join the new Pheu Thai-led coalition, Chonlanan stated that the announcement will be made tomorrow.

Chonlanan expressed confidence that the party will receive more votes from the senators for their PM candidate since the MFP is no longer in the coalition, and the new coalition does not support the amendment of the lese-majeste law.

The party is also confident that the new coalition will have a simple majority

in the lower house.

https://twitter.com/ThaiEnquirer/status/1686648561310806016

So just remind me. The parties in the new coalition will be made up from:

PT 141

BJT 71

Democrats? 25

Prachachart? 9

Thai Sang Thai? 6

Thai Liberal? 1

New Democracy? 1

New Party? 1

Chart Pattaya Kla? 2

Thai Counties? 1

Chart Thai Pattana? 10

Fair Party? 1

Social Power? 1

Pheu Thai Ruam Palang? 2

But will the parties from the old coalition switch sides? And even with all the above, still need 100 odd Senators. I so hope this thing never flies! Go to hxll Tony and take your rotten party with you.

Edited by bradiston
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, bradiston said:

PT 141

BJT 71

Democrats? 25

Prachachart? 9

Thai Sang Thai? 6

Thai Liberal? 1

New Democracy? 1

New Party? 1

Chart Pattaya Kla? 2

Thai Counties? 1

Chart Thai Pattana? 10

Fair Party? 1

Social Power? 1

Pheu Thai Ruam Palang? 2

But will the parties from the old coalition switch sides? And even with all the above, still need 100 odd Senators. I so hope this thing never flies! Go to hxll Tony and take your rotten party with you.

PTP leader Cholan Srikaew announced this afternoon that a new coalition without MFP will be formed. He promised to amend the charter and then call for new election. Also will support the beneficial policies of MFP. Whether that will be enough to placate MFP MPs to vote for Sretha will be left to be seen. However Cholan does seem confident to pull this off on Friday. The new coalition parties will be announced tomorrow. 

• Sad 1

Well, let's see if the Thai people have the spines to stand up to the back stabbing PT and the unelected Senate and demand justice. If so, this could quickly get really ugly! Qeue the tanks, and those new armored personnel carriers. 

Edited by lordgrinz

8 minutes ago, Eric Loh said:

PTP leader Cholan Srikaew announced this afternoon that a new coalition without MFP will be formed. He promised to amend the charter and then call for new election. Also will support the beneficial policies of MFP. Whether that will be enough to placate MFP MPs to vote for Sretha will be left to be seen. However Cholan does seem confident to pull this off on Friday. The new coalition parties will be announced tomorrow. 

He can't rewrite the Charter. It needs Senate support. And a complete constitution rewrite. Can't see the turkeys voting for Christmas.

But I have a solution. Pita, Prawit, Prayut and the Democrats form a 252 seat majority coalition. End of. Job done.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, bradiston said:

He can't rewrite the Charter. It needs Senate support. And a complete constitution rewrite. Can't see the turkeys voting for Christmas.

But I have a solution. Pita, Prawit, Prayut and the Democrats form a 252 seat majority coalition. End of. Job done.

There wouldn't be a senate after May. Will not be a complete constitution rewrite as it will need a time-consuming referendum. Amendment on Section 256 of the charter is the most seriously flawed and will be first on the list to be targeted. Most parties even the junta partner except the military parties have called for a rewrite of the charter to ensure full restoration of democracy. 

No military parties will be in the coalition. Pledge promised and will be delivered by PTP. 

• Confused 1

41 minutes ago, Eric Loh said:

There wouldn't be a senate after May. Will not be a complete constitution rewrite as it will need a time-consuming referendum. Amendment on Section 256 of the charter is the most seriously flawed and will be first on the list to be targeted. Most parties even the junta partner except the military parties have called for a rewrite of the charter to ensure full restoration of democracy. 

No military parties will be in the coalition. Pledge promised and will be delivered by PTP. 

After May the Senate don't get to vote on the PM. But the Senate will continue on until there's a constitution rewrite.

Edited by bradiston

2 hours ago, Hunz Kittisak said:

PT and it’s predecessor parties never needed any appointed senate votes to become the government. They have always won the elections outright. 
If they formed the government again this time they will work to win the votes for next elections legitimately as they have always done. 

Is that before or after they whitewash Thaksin's crimes? And will they be paying the regular 500 per vote, or is there an inflation correction?

13 hours ago, smedly said:

What a mess

Not in their eyes.

They managed to coerce and manipulate things in their usual criminal manner to their favour. 

Kind of expected and almost a predictable result. 

If I was a conspiratorial type of guy, I might suggest that this whole affair was played out like an enigmatic coup. 

1 hour ago, rbkk said:

I have an opposite opinion to you. I think this makes it easier to control. Who controls the dinosaurs? The clue is in front of you. 

Unfortunately, most are continuously blind [and ignorant] to this clue. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, bradiston said:

PT 141

BJT 71

Democrats? 25

Prachachart? 9

Thai Sang Thai? 6

Thai Liberal? 1

New Democracy? 1

New Party? 1

Chart Pattaya Kla? 2

Thai Counties? 1

Chart Thai Pattana? 10

Fair Party? 1

Social Power? 1

Pheu Thai Ruam Palang? 2

The parties with the 2 dinosaur generals will be out 

MFP will vote for PT PM

Just you wait and see

3 minutes ago, Hunz Kittisak said:

The parties with the 2 dinosaur generals will be out 

MFP will vote for PT PM

Just you wait and see

It's possible. I've not included the 2 parties you mention. But how many of the rest will side with PT? Pita might stand himself. Could be his call on Friday.

Edited by bradiston