Request for Investigation into Monks Wearing Bras

webfact

5 hours ago, 2long said:

Hang on. Am I reading it right that Grade 5 students are offering sexual services! Forget about the cross dressing, sneaking out, and doing it within the grounds of a temple. Grade 5 is about 10-11 years old! Call the police!

No need.

They'll out themselves when they dump a newborn in a petrol station rubbish bin.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, HappyExpat57 said:

Yes it is. My former TG claimed to be a Buddhist and also said she was going to heaven when she died.

This is either common or I'm dating you're former TG as the exact same thing was said to me

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Ginner said:

It does say GRADE 5 in the article which is 10/11 years old, don't forget a novice monk can be any age. In the photo, he doesn't look like a 16/17-year-old.

Within the brackets it says "ม5". That's grade 5 of high school. Grade 11 equivalent, 16/17 year olds.

2 hours ago, Neeranam said:

Well she obviously knows a lot more about Buddhism than you do. 

Your posts seem to be arguments looking for a venue.

The premise of Buddhism is reincarnation in an endless cycle called saṃsāra until you achieve enlightenment.

Edited by HappyExpat57
  • Thumbs Up 1

7 hours ago, 2long said:

Hang on. Am I reading it right that Grade 5 students are offering sexual services! Forget about the cross dressing, sneaking out, and doing it within the grounds of a temple. Grade 5 is about 10-11 years old! Call the police!

Yes, they can bring the booze and girls

• Love It 1

7 hours ago, HappyExpat57 said:

Yes it is. My former TG claimed to be a Buddhist and also said she was going to heaven when she died.

There are several Buddhist "heavens" that you come to after death and stay in before you are reborn.

• Confused 1

7 hours ago, ezzra said:

A Buddhist monk walks up to a hot dog vendor and says: "Make me one with everything."

After a brief chuckle, the vendor makes the hot dog and gives it to the monk, saying "That will be $4 please". After the monk hands over a $10 bill, he finds himself waiting uncomfortably while the vendor does nothing except stare back at him.

Awkwardly the monk asks "What about my change?" "Ah," replies the hot dog vendor, "Change must come from within."

Good one !!!

Two monks are discussing, one asks the other, do you think we will see the end of celibacy ??

nah !!!, said the other,..but our children will !!!!

1 hour ago, Screaming said:

During the 90s, Seinfeld had an episode where Cosmo Kramer helped develop a Man Bra for those in need. Maybe these monks need a little help.

man boobs.jpg

With George's father, Frank. Kramer wanted to call it "The Bro". Frank wanted to call it

"The Man-zierre"????

2 minutes ago, Enoon said:

There is no Secondary Year 5 in the UK.

Secondary school starts at age 11, the first year of Secondary school is Year 7:

1557272979_Screenshot2023-08-08at10-49-25TypesofschoolsandnurseriesinSutton.png.b53432312ad8cfee1a9777b194892fe3.png

265094917_Screenshot2023-08-08at10-47-15Year7.png.43f2544da61ca285061d70bed7d2f062.png

433688923_Screenshot2023-08-08at10-57-26Thenationalcurriculum.png.9948a630a61d68f26dde002bc54aabe3.png

https://www.gov.uk/national-curriculum

I believe he was talking about the language used in translation.

M5 is indeed the 5th year of secondary school. That is how it is referred to in British English, as apposed to US English using Grade 11.

However, your post is interesting. When I was a student in UK we only had 4 years at high-school. "Year 11" on your link would have been first year of college and A levels.

8 minutes ago, Enoon said:

There is no Secondary Year 5 in the UK.

Secondary school starts at age 11, the first year of Secondary school is Year 7:

1557272979_Screenshot2023-08-08at10-49-25TypesofschoolsandnurseriesinSutton.png.b53432312ad8cfee1a9777b194892fe3.png

265094917_Screenshot2023-08-08at10-47-15Year7.png.43f2544da61ca285061d70bed7d2f062.png

433688923_Screenshot2023-08-08at10-57-26Thenationalcurriculum.png.9948a630a61d68f26dde002bc54aabe3.png

https://www.gov.uk/national-curriculum

There is year 5 secondary in Scotland. 

There are 4 separate education systems in the UK. 

I was talking about the superior one, where the King studied. 

• Thumbs Up 1

6 minutes ago, youreavinalaff said:

I believe he was talking about the language used in translation.

M5 is indeed the 5th year of secondary school. That is how it is referred to in British English, as apposed to US English using Grade 11.

However, your post is interesting. When I was a student in UK we only had 4 years at high-school. "Year 11" on your link would have been first year of college and A levels.

Indeed, that paste is alien to me. 

• Confused 1

11 hours ago, webfact said:

Despite previous reports to temple authorities, no action was taken.

Very typical of Thai culture.  Protect reputations and avoid loss of face.  The actual damage done is irrelevant.

Edited by BangkokReady

11 hours ago, stoner said:

short time monks. no surprise at all considering the multitude of stories over the years showing the reality of what happens in many of these so called temples. 

They're not even short time monks. They're 11th grade students sent to a temple school, probably unwillingly. The equivalent of boarding school for trouble making kids.