Bibby Stockholm: First asylum seekers board housing barge in Dorset

Social Media

Tories have to replace the cheap workers they lost through Brexit.

(their corporate donors demand it)

& Labour figure the new immigrants (new poor) will vote for them.

So everyone's happy (apart from normal UK citizens - esp. the poor who have to compete for jobs and housing with this foreign peasants).

And PURLEEZE, these <>s are NOT asylum seekers - they're just chancers being encouraged by WEF types.

In reality, both party 'leaders' are globalist WEF sock puppets so things will have to get a LOT worse in the UK before they get better (assuming the people ever demand change/put their foot down - unlikely).

Seems 'THEY' (wokey neo marxists) have completely captured all parties in the UK (& Europe) and UK people won't be able to vote ourselves out of this ongoing <>show.

I've switched to watching US politics - much better characters and plotlines.

TBH it's just as fake unbelievable though.

PS. I wouldn't be smug about 'escaping' to Thailand - if the west continues to 'fall' you will feel the effects (see the fallout from the alleged 'pandemic' for starters). 

If the weight of all the limitless print and spend & mental woke policies cause the financial system, markets etc fall apart, CBDCs introduced etc, where will that leave foreign retirees? Idk and nor do you to be honest.

Good Luck.  Interesting times

Edited by ICU Kid
  • Confused 4
  • Thumbs Up 2

3 hours ago, Chomper Higgot said:

I’m quite certain that your offshore oil company accommodation was built and maintained in full compliance to industry and national safety standards.

Compliance to industry and national safety standards in Nigeria in 1970 Chomper...........not a chance, but they were ok and looked no different to what I've seen of these.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

53 minutes ago, billd766 said:

Travel sickness could not be an objection. How else did they get to the UK without travelling?

Conscientious objectors could be trained as stretcher bearers and medical assistants. 

https://www.sss.gov/register/alternative-service/conscientious-objectors/#:~:text=A conscientious objector is one,of moral or religious principles.

Conscientious objectors opposed to serving in the military will be placed in the Selective Service Alternative Service Program. This program attempts to match COs with local employers. Many types of jobs are available, however the job must be deemed to make a meaningful contribution to the maintenance of the national health, safety, and interest. Examples of alternative service are jobs in:

conservation
caring for the very young or very old
education
health care
Length of service in the program will equal the amount of time a man would have served in the military, usually 24 months.

They would also get food, accommodation, a small salary, perhaps even learn a trade.

https://www.english-heritage.org.uk/visit/places/richmond-castle/history-and-stories/attitudes-to-cos/

https://www.nationalww2museum.org/war/articles/conscientious-objectors-civilian-public-service

Meanwhile in the UK, there are thousands of homeless British people and thousands of British families families partly or wholly dependent on food banks.

They should have the highest priority for access to accommodation, food and jobs. Everybody else such as illegal immigrants which is basically what the thread is about should be much lower in the list.

If this sounds racist (and it will to a lot of people) they should seriously think why many British people are suffering, whilst illegal immigrants, which is what they are, get a greater priority.

I give you a Thanks sign thingy Bill. ????

• Like 1

1 hour ago, youreavinalaff said:

Not failing. You are wrong.

As with most things, you fail to look at the bigger picture. There is a backlog, I agree, but applications are being processed. 

It's not a case of "oh look. He looks OK. Rubber stamp". It's a long process. Add to that the major rise in arrivals and applications, there are always going to be delays.

OK, if you say so:

https://fullfact.org/immigration/braverman-asylum-initial-decision-backlog/

• Like 1

6 hours ago, youreavinalaff said:

I agree.

Never look a gift horse in the mouth.

If they don't like what they are being offered they should go somewhere else. Offer them a free one way trip to anywhere. Then see what they do.

I imagine that "anywhere" might want a say in matters

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Tongjaw said:

They didn’t have to come to the UK, could have easily stayed in France, oh wait a minute. I forgot they can get a better deal in UK than France or any of the other countries they transited through. Another thing, why is is so many supposedly refuges are young men. More than 87% who arrive on the small boats are your males. They all want to leave the <deleted>hole they were born in but want to bring all their <deleted>hole religious beliefs and laws with them. 

Utter garbage.

Nobody objects to bogus asylum seekers being deported.

The problem is sorting out those who are bogus,

The Government has failed and is failing to clear asylum applications.

Do try to post without infringing the auto delete function, it’s not difficult to do, you just need to avoid using offensive language.

• Like 1
  • Sad 3
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Chomper Higgot said:

To do so would entail first reviewing their asylum claims, something the Government is failing to do, hence the ever increasing backlog.

Agree the system is diabolical.

They should employ immigrants to process applications. ????

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, JayClay said:

Nope. It's the ignorance of people like you who don't understand three simple concepts:

1 - Failed applicants are deported

2 - Successful applicants can be put to work in one of the many industries that have been struggling to fill vacancies since brexit, thus boosting productivity and tax revenues than could be spent on funding the pension and homeless issues 

3 - If you choose to not process claims, as the current government is doing, then the cost of housing the pending applicants will continue to increase.

It's so simple, I'm always surprised that anybody ever falls for it. Lucky the amount of people in the UK that are getting taken in is statistically irrelevant these days. They seem to be overly represented on this forum, for some reason.

It's fine to be angry. But please just do the most basic level of research, try applying just a tiny amount of critical thinking, and channel your anger at the correct people.

quote "Channel your anger at the correct people".

IMHO the correct people are those that choose not to use the correct channels and simply turn up.

They are called illegal immigrants, which is what EVERY person who tries to enter any country without a legal entry visa is.

• Confused 2
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, ArnieP said:

Bibby Stockholm:

From the BBC: Asylum seekers describe life on barge

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-dorset-66438086

From the BBC link

Asylum seekers have been told boarding the Bibby Stockholm barge is "not a choice" and those who refuse will no longer receive government support.

The first group of 15 people boarded the vessel on Monday, but 20 refused.

If they do not move on to the accommodation barge by the end of Tuesday, their housing assistance could be withdrawn, government sources said.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, billd766 said:

IMHO the correct people are those that choose not to use the correct channels and simply turn up.

They are called illegal immigrants, which is what EVERY person who tries to enter any country without a legal entry visa is.

They can still claim refugee status though I believe, which started the boat problem.

• Thumbs Up 1

48 minutes ago, billd766 said:

Well I already prepared a statement for you in the post you quoted ????‍♂️

3 hours ago, JayClay said:

It's so simple, I'm always surprised that anybody ever falls for it. Lucky the amount of people in the UK that are getting taken in is statistically irrelevant these days. They seem to be overly represented on this forum, for some reaso

Incidentally, aren't you the same guy who failed to answer my question about naming some of the EU laws you wanted to see abolished? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

22 hours ago, Chomper Higgot said:

It’s taken fourteen years of concerted effort to get there but, yes, I think you are right.

A total clown show.

Even if the country was booming, you would trash it................????

• Thumbs Up 1