British father and son are brutally beaten by bouncerskicked out of a bar in 'Sin City'

webfact

1 minute ago, bignok said:

People can laugh at the 2 fat losers getting flogged.

Best you hope you don't' end up on the losing end of Thai "street justice" somewhere down the line.....

Doesn't take much... Wrong place,  wrong time... and you might well find yourself in their shoes.

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK
  • Thumbs Up 1

The Brits were drunk and stupid , definitely needed removing . Bouncers as usual here went too far , surprised other locals didn’t jump in with the head kicks.  Bouncers should hope the Brits don’t have plenty of  money . As I recall many moons ago some bouncers doing a similar thing to a tourist who had money to burn….

• Love It 1

1 hour ago, RJRS1301 said:

No one deserves to be kicked, cowards kick people when they are on the ground.

This is not security/crowd control, this is unmitigated thuggery, the person was on the ground could have been frog marched away from the precinct.

They were giving it large well before the incident.

Could have avoid a kicking by not slapping the guard.

• Thumbs Up 2

16 minutes ago, fredwiggy said:

Again, this is not what some consider an overreaction by the bouncers. This is not an opinion. Kicking someone in the head because he slapped you, lightly, AFTER you hit them back and knocked him to the ground, is an assault, and would get you jail time most anywhere else, at least civilized countries. Do you actually think people learn a lesson from being kicked in the head? A normal person would think twice after being hit back and knocked to the ground. If he didn't get up and continue the fight, either he was too drunk, or thought about it and realized his mistake. Some would go back and shoot the assailant, as happens most daily in a lot of countries, including here. Some would sue the bar and might win, especially if the jury saw this video. Maybe not here, but that's besides the point. Getting hit is not an excuse for kicking someone when they are down. What the Brit did was stupid, but didn't deserve the outcome. The answers some have given shows a lot about why this world is so screwed up.

In my estimation, the chances that the Brits have learned their lesson, and will not do something stupid like this in the future, is only 50% at best. I really don't care as to what happened to them, and whether it was a reasonably response by the bouncers. Idiots like that don't deserve any kind of respect. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, balo said:

Lesson learned, they will not do it again. Unless they are brainless of course. As father as son. 

Unfortunately not a sure thing that it's lesson learned for them. They are well into adulthood, they have almost certainly done stuff like this before, and they still haven't learned their lesson. 

• Thumbs Up 2

Never saw why anyone would go there in the first place. Lots of lights, and hookers. If you had a couple of weeks in Thailand and women is what you want, then that is not the place to be for sure. Fun to look as a tourist.  That is about it.

As far as this goes they were probably drunk and touched a hooker.. 

Edited by Gknrd
  • Thumbs Up 1

Just now, BangkokReady said:

However much people on here dislike other foreigners, you cannot excuse security staff going beyond using reasonable force to control a violent situation. 

These people should not be bouncers.  Security staff should be licenced and have a criminal record check, and an incident like this should result in them losing their licence and not working in security anymore.

It's very simple and the "they deserved it" is just nonsense.

Then the 2 farangs banned 5 years from Thailand.

• Love It 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, Spock said:

I also struggle to understand how anyone can defend the group beating and kicking by a security team who should be employed to defuse rather than inflame situations.

They have mental problems that make them despise other foreign people.

• Confused 2
  • Love It 2

2 hours ago, John Drake said:

Sad life when your idea of a holiday is to fly half way around the world so you can go to a seedy bar, get drunk, and get in a fight. They could have done all that for much less money back home.

I think step 1 and 2 are ok. After that take a girl, <deleted>$# until you are tired, and that was a good night out.

14 minutes ago, bignok said:

Drunk and disorderly conduct

Instigating violence

Any evidence of that for the son?

For the father?  Slapping a man who, in a group, just attacked your son, before promptly getting a beating from the same gang?

I'm not sure you're understanding those offenses properly.

Edited by BangkokReady
  • Like 2

21 minutes ago, BangkokReady said:

They have mental problems that make them despise other foreign people.

Sorry, I think this is nonsense.

The same kind of nonsense when people cry about being ripped off just because they are foreigners.

Fact is, Thais get ripped off by Thais more often and far worse than so called Farang. They get beaten, injured and killed by Thais proportionately in much greater numbers than foreigners. I am absolutely certain that Thais treat us better just because they could potentially get in more trouble simply because a 500b fine and a wai does not cut it with most Westerners. We also fight back. Culturally a night and day.

Edited by Celsius
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Celsius said:

Sorry, I think this is nonsense.

The same kind of nonsense when people cry about being ripped off just because they are foreigners.

Fact is, Thais get ripped off by Thais more often and far worse than so called Farang. They get beaten, injured and killed by Thais proportionately in much greater numbers than foreigners. I am absolutely certain that Thais treat better just because they could potentially get in more trouble simply because a 500b fine and a wai does not cut it with most Westerners.

If you read my comment again, you will see I wrote "other foreigners".  The Thais are not foreigners.

22 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

I think step 1 and 2 are ok. After that take a girl, <deleted>$# until you are tired, and that was a good night out.

I'll take your word for it. It's a world with which I have no experience, nor do I want to. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

And then? 1000B fine?

If they get kicked and it hurts, then they will remember that. That's the whole point. 

I had always thought the kicking in the head was so you don't have to go around looking over yur shoulder. It usually is a last resort to do violence so make it count, I think is the thinking.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, bignok said:

If there's three times as many poms to kiwis then more likely poms in trouble.

I used the word "disproportionate".

If there are the same number of Americans as Brits in Pattaya, but Brits figure far more frequently in terms of incidents, that's significant.

IIRC many soccer events have been marred by British fans.

• Haha 2

16 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

I used the word "disproportionate".

If there are the same number of Americans as Brits in Pattaya, but Brits figure far more frequently in terms of incidents, that's significant.

IIRC many soccer events have been marred by British fans.

Bad attitude perhaps. Arrogance. Look at the cricket. Disgraceful and they are the posh ones.

You maybe right. I dont have the stats.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, MangoKorat said:

Nope, they need to be put in a room - one on one with a foreigner of a similar age, then see how tough they are.

exactly. 

I would actually pay to see that on TV. 

And not a Thai that knows muay thai either. just 2 normal dudes goin for it on pay per view.

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1
  • Love It 1